main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass The Official New England Patriots 2004 Season Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    The articles I have seen on line say "Any Given Monday"

Brady really botched the game.

This will cost us in field advantage I think in the playoffs. :mad:

When you turnover the ball 4 times all on interceptions ...you usually will not win.

Congrats to the Dolphins for the win.
    They played hard and have played alot better lately and it showed last night.

Don't let the losing record fool you.

Our only hope is we win the next two games and Pittsburgh loses against Baltimore next week.
    Which is the only team that has beaten the Steelers all year.
    And the week after that the Steelers play the Bills.
    The Bills have been on fire the last month or so and I hope it will continue.

Go Ravens! Go Bills! and Go Patriots!!

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    A big THANKS to Miami for that win...

Ooops, thought I was in the Miami Fanforce boards for a moment... ha ha J/K ;)

Whew, it's a breather for us Steeler fans, but I'm sure we'll meet you again in the AFC championship game (in Pittsburgh).

-Sal

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Laugh now. We're still the Patriots and you're still the Steelers.

We'll see you in January.

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Hopefully the Pats will start to kick some butts again soon. :)

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    As long as Brady gets his act together the Pats will be fine.

That INT that he threw as he was going down was worse than any INT ever thrown by Bledsoe.

6. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    That's not good at all. :(

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I trust the Staff to get Brady back on track.

I had a bad feeling going into last night.Brady just has not looked sharp over the past few weeks. His focus hasn't been what it should be.I'm hoping what happened last night will light a fire under him.

8. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I agree, hopefully a new light will be sparked under him, but he will probably be able to get back on track.

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I am glad the Patriots were able to get back to the way they are suppose to play.

Nice win over the Jets yesterday.
    And hopefully the Bills will win next week against the Steelers.

It would possibly help out a little in the playoffs but since the Steelers won yesterday against a divisional rival I am not sure. But if the Bills win it will put us even or ina better position home field wise I hope.

A heart felt condolences to Reggie White's family and friends. I was shocked to hear of this news of his passing. He was 43 years old.

He was a great man on and off the field. He was a spiritual man who did alot for others and worked to better the community. A great role model for our youth today. He will surely be missed by many.

God Speed Reggie White. [face_flag]

10. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The Steelers have Home Field Advantage through out the Playoffs but that doesn't bother me.

We've won the AFC Championship there before.

11. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    The Steelers have Home Field Advantage through out the Playoffs but that doesn't bother me.

We've won the AFC Championship there before.

And they can do it again! :D I thought last years road to the SB was tough for the Pats, having to beat the Titans and Colts back to back, this year should be even tougher. They'll most likely face the Colts at home and then go on the road to beat the Steelers.

It's too bad they had that 4th quarter brain fart against the Phins. If it wasn't for that, they'd be going into this weeks game against the 49ers with a shot at HFA. Pittsburgh has to travel to Buffalo with an injured Roethlisberger and a Bills team that needs to win to make the playoffs.

Oh well, no one ever said winning 3 SBs in 4 years was easy!

12. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    No, it isn't easy to win three Superbowls in four years.

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Let's make our predictions for the first round of the Play-offs.

NFC
    Rams over the Seahawks
    Packers over the Vikings

AFC
    Chargers over the Jets
    Colts over the Broncos

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I pretty much agree but I think Seattle will pull out the win.

my picks for next week.

NFC
    Seahawks over the Rams
    Packers over the Vikings

AFC
    Chargers over the Jets
    Colts over the Broncos

15. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I agree with Chris' picks.

NFC
    Seattle over Rams. Martz will find some way to blow it.
    GB over Minn. Minn (and Moss) don't even deserve to be there

AFC
    SD over Jets. Jets are another team that don't deserve to be there.
    Colts over Denver. I'll be praying for the upset though ;)

16. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Go Steelers. Go. [face_laugh] [face_devil]

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It looks like Romeo Crennel will be interviewing for the 49ers Head Coaching position later this week. He'll head out there after he meets with the Browns about their opening.

Personally I hope he gets the 49ers job and returns them back to respectability. I?d pass on the Cleveland job as most of their fans are just a bunch of clowns that still blame Belichick for the Browns leaving for Baltimore.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    AFC
    San Diego vs. Jets: San Diego - The Jets just don't stand a chance. They may have Martin but that won't be enough against Tomlinson and the Bolts passing game.
    Colts vs. Denver: Colts - I'll be praying for the upset though. Me too, but I'm not expecting it.

NFC
    Seattle vs. Rams: Seattle - I think that Seattle just has a better team. I don't think either one is especially good, but the Hawks are better.
    Green Bay vs. Minn: Green Bay - Minn (and Moss) don't even deserve to be there. I totally agree! If Moss were on the Pats and he pulled that whiny attitude on the sidelines Belicheck would have his head on a silver platter, if the fans didn't get to him first.

19. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Ty Law has been placed on IR and is out for the rest of the year. This is a a pretty tough bit of news to take but we managed to go 14-2 this season without him so I still like our chances.

I do wonder if we've seen the last of Ty as a Patriot?

He has one year left on his contract with a high cap number and there was a strong chance he was going to get cut anyhow.Add the injury and how the Pats have played without him and I think it's the end of Ty's time here.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It would be a tough loss, but I think he'll be back next year. The backups and rookies have done well but could still use a little more time with a veteran like Ty to become more complete.

21. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't know.His agents,the Poston Brothers, are a pair of idiots that won't redo the deal.

These are the same guys that had a back door deal for Lawyer Milloy with the Bills and they also have kept Orlando pace on the Franchise List year in and year out because they demand a $23 million signing bonus.

22. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I was wrong about the Seahawks and the Chargers.

And what about that crap call in the Jets/Chargers game.

That ball clearly hit the ground on the replay.

Well I am looking forward to today's games.

I think I am going to watch them at the local sports restaruant in my town and enjoy a half rack of ribs and a pound of staek tips. :)

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well the Colts won in easy fashion against the Broncos 49-24.

Indianapolis will be here next week.
    Game will start at 4:30 next Sunday.

And yes we will have the game on during the meet so we won't miss anything. :)

24. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I was wrong about the Seahawks and the Chargers.

Me too :oops:. I'm just glad I didn't make any bets this weekend. I didn't really watch mutch of the Rams/Seahawks game but from what I did see one things for sure, the Seattle owners should invest in some gloves for the WR's that have suction cups built in. I couldn't believe the dropped passes in that game :eek:. Then the Jets/Chargers game was even harder to watch. I thought the Chargers were gonna win after getting the 2nd chance thanks to that linebacker that clobbered Brees in the head.

Well the Colts won in easy fashion against the Broncos 49-24.

You can say that again [face_beatup].

Speaking of the Colts, did anyone see "Mr. Incredible" Payton Mannings face when the postgame reporter asked him about his feelings going into Gillette Stadium knowing he gave up 4 INT's last year [face_laugh]?

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Good luck to the Patriots today.

Just getting ready to watch the game at the meet. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.