main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass The Official New England Patriots 2004 Season Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    How about those Patriots yesterday.
    That was a great game and the Colts played a great first half.

But Belichick being the master he is took the team into the second half and the Patriots dominated.

How about that Patriots defense holding the Colts offense to only a field goal...the whole game!!!!

The Colts led the NFL in points scored this season and have the MVP Manning who was easily kept in check by the Patriots yesterday.

And between Corey Dillon,Kevin Faulk,and the offense, they gave the Patriots an impressive 210 yards rushing total against the Colts!!!!

After the way the Patriots played against a great team as the Indianapolis Colts,I am very confident in the Patriots going to Pittsburgh next week and winning the AFC Championship.

Steelers have to be concerned after seeing the way the Patriots played yesterday.

The Steelers may have won more games but they didn't win many of their games with a dominate or big point differential. And home field advantage does not affect the Patriots in the least.

And this time we will have Corey Dillion in the game,not like back during the regular season against the Steelers.

Anybody got a prediction on the score of next weeks game? I am bascially going to say Patriots win this game

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    *knock on wood* I hope that the Patriots win next week. :)
    Edit: Ironicly, my desk is wood, so, I'm going to be knocking on that. :)

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Steelers have to be concerned after seeing the way the Patriots played yesterday.

They should be concerned. The Jets gave them a real run for their money and almost pulled off a HUGE upset. "Big Ben" may be the Steelers' future at the QB position but his lack of "Big Game" experience at the NFL level came out against the Jets and will be the Steelers downfall against an even better team in the Pats.

The Steelers may have won more games but they didn't win many of their games with a dominate or big point differential.

Very true. They are a lot alike the Pats in the way they control the pace of the game and beat you up doing it, so this will be a great matchup.

And this time we will have Corey Dillion in the game,not like back during the regular season against the Steelers.

He's going to be the backbreaker for the Steelers. His ability to make things happen, even when it looks like he's about to be taken down for a loss, will be Pittsburgh's undoing.

Anybody got a prediction on the score of next weeks game? I am bascially going to say Patriots win this game

I'm definately going with the Pats here. As far as a score, I'm going to say it'll be a short margin, 7-10 points topps.

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm predicting an even closer game. Pats by 4, 20-16

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I have begun the invasion of the Pittsburgh Steelers thread and could use some reinforcements.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag]

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Isn't it too bad the Patriots aren't playing the AFC Championship in Foxboro today.

This would be the greatest snow game ever.

I don't know what the conditions are like in Pittsburgh yet since I have been shoveling for the last couple of hours.

Go Patriots!!!!

7. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
  8. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Hell yeah! :D

9. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Hell yeah
    OH Yeah!!!!! Go Pats! Hopefully we can go for three championships in four years.

10. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    It is 1:05 I just got in from celebrating the New England Patriots win over the Pittsburgh Steelers to be crowned the AFC Champions again.

What a great game it was!!!

What a domination of the game by the Patriots it was.

The turnovers really hurt the Steelers in this game.

I just can't wait for the Superbowl now!!!

Go Patriots !!!!n WOOO HOOOO!!!

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The turnovers really hurt the Steelers in this game.

They sure did! That first one was a gimmie. If the WR hadn't tipped the ball it probably would have sailed over all of their heads. The other two, along with the fumble by Bettis were great. After listening to everyone say how the Steelers defense is so much better than the Pats defense all week, I'm glad they played as well defensively as they did.

GO PATS [face_flag]!!!

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I have had to deal with a few Steelers fans in my town at the local sports bar...quite arrogant types they were.

Of course I don't paint all the Steeler fans with the same brush.
    I mean there are idiot fans with every team.

So I mentioned "I now know what those terrible towels are for...wiping the tears away after you lose to the Patriots in the AFC Chapionship at Pittsburgh...again."

and of course [singing at the bar]"This is how the wheels come off the Bus"

I am not normal a smack talker or a bad winner but these guys really irritated me.

Go Patriots!!! Win Patriots Win!!!

13. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm glad you didn't get in a brawl, Chris. ;)

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    So I mentioned "I now know what those terrible towels are for...wiping the tears away after you lose to the Patriots in the AFC Chapionship at Pittsburgh...again."

I was suprised to see how quickly those "terrible towels" disappeared after about half way through the 3rd quarter. I know it's tough to see your team losing during the course of a game, but as fans you've got to do what you can to help keep them in it.

15. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    The Pats were simply awesome, again. Last week all "experts" were saying the Pats couldn't stop the Colts offense. They did. Then it was "How are the Pats going to get any points off the Steelers D?" Is 41 points enough for you geniuses?

Nothing I liked better than seeing that horse-toothed jack*ss Shannon Sharpe eat his words after that stupid towel waving he was doing pre-game. So much for staying neutral, eh Shannon? Same goes for you Marino!

Alright, now on to Jacksonville! :D

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cujo/airforce/aircraftdedication/websize/DSC00541.JPG] vs
    [image=http://membres.lycos.fr/djipibi/aviation/aviation-gif/C-5/C-5_AFRC_Westover_900003.jpg]
    Here's to what will surely be a great game.

Cheers!

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Or.....

[image=http://www.loosie.com/words/archives/eagles_small.jpg]vs [image=http://www.nfl.com/u/superbowl/photos/superbowl639_lower.jpg]

Just a little joke. See you in a few weeks. :)

18. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Raiders are going to top the Patsies in 2005!

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    ...Pats are going to be kicking some butt.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Raiders are going to top the Patsies in 2005!

RIGHT o_O?!?!

21. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    You will see!

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    So far the Eagles are going to be without their TE who pulled down 2 TD's last week against the Falcons. Now T.O. is saying that he's "spiritually ready" to play on Superbowl Sunday, even though his doctor is saying that he's not physically ready to play.

What do you think? Will Andy Reid will take a chance and put T.O. in for a few plays, or do you think he'll keep T.O. out and avoid any chance that he won't get to a pass before a Pats defender does?

I think he'll play early on and if he struggles, Reid will bench him for the game.

23. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Patriots 27-14

24. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I will take the win no matter what the score!!! :)

Jeff and I are heading to the Funway Cafe for Superbowl Sunday.

If anyone wants to come along or meet us there let me know. It is a great place to watch the game.
    It is a mile north of Gillette Stadium on RT 1.

I have watched the last 3 Superbowls there so it is sort of tradition for me now and good luck since it is so close to the heart of Patriots country.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    In case I don't get to post until after the game...I want to wish the New England Patriots much success in tomorrow's Superbowl and I hope everyone enjoys the game.

[face_flag] GO PATRIOTS!!! [face_flag]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.