Tucson The official non Star Wars but other popular sci fi series thread...........

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Oct 7, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok so I have been watching alot of Enterprise lately and just barely figured out that is pre Kirk! I saw the episode where they first encounter BORG and the BORG send out a message which will eventually lead to the movie First Contact.

I have always been an OS fan but Enterprise is pretty sweet. I did also like Voyager but always failed to believe with all their technology they couldnt get back home.....

Oh yeah Scott Bacula rocks!!! Long live Quantum Leap!!!
  2. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Some day I will have to show you my "Quantum Leap" ballcap I got on Ebay a long time ago.

I never bought into the premise of Voyager. A sentient lifeform with the power to teleport an entire starship clear across the galaxy but dies before it can send them back home. I also never cared for Janeway. Seven of Nine was brought in as eye candy for the teenage boys that watched the show.
  3. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Im so frustrated with Star Trek that Ive devolved into jsut searching for the battles on You Tube. I really hope the new movie can inject new life into the series, and have the actors actually act like people.

I did enjoy Serenity not having seen any of the Firefly episodes.
  4. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhaps I should clarify my position on ST:Voyager. The viewer knew ahead of time, through news reports, that the Voyager series was going to run for seven years. It did not help that a lot of the early episodes were along the script line of "maybe THIS is the EPISODE where they MAKE IT HOME". In season one or season two of seven seasons? I seriously doubted it. It gave the show that "LOST IN SPACE" feel, and I never cared for the space family Robinson. But the robot was cool. Every now and then I will still say, "Danger, danger, Will Robinson!".
Moderators: DieWompRatDie