main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Nsync's role in E2 thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Theedage, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Ok, while talking to a person on aim ( a girl no doubt), she said that nsync is supposed to have a role in AOTC. I quickly shot down this statement she made because that would ruin the integrity of SW. She said she heard it on a radio station somewhere. This angered me because she cannot be the only one to think this. Going to see AOTC and seeing little twelve year old girls buying tickets to see nsync when a real sw fan cannot get in would be disaterous.

Note: I do not believe this rumor. Kiss 108 FM out of boston is to have said it. I think we should all start emailing them about the blasphemus language they speak.

EDIT: Searched starwars.com for nsync
    Results 0 - 0

cb edit: Now an 'Official thread'. ;)

2. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    If they're just in the background I don't see what it would matter.

Now if they were to start having synchronized lightsaber battles and spontaneously bust out in song, then I would have to walk out of the theater. :D

Given the box office take of that film that one of them headlined a few months ago I don't think you have to worry about any teenyboppers taking your seat.

3. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Don't forget the one about Van Halen and The Beatles! I'll see if I can dig up the links...

EDIT: Here's a few...
    Multiple Rumors
    Van Halen

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    It's just been confirmed on the main TFN page. Well as 17 year old guy who loves Star Wars, this is a disaster. Its just a way to get teen girls in. I don't want no school girl screams in the theater when they're onscreen. Don't get me wrong, don't think I don't like girls, I really do, but they can be a little too scary when these moronic boy bands are on. This just ruins the image, legend and myth of Star Wars. Now it's a way to advertise a boy band. Sad. We never saw the Village People hanging out in the cantina in ANH.

5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm choking on my own words.

6. Dark_Lady_Valeris

Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2001
    I'm gonna be sick.

Valeris

7. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    N´sync are not in the damn movie! George woud never do such a thing! it´s just a silly rumour! Really!!!

8. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    It'd better be just a sick rumour. :mad:

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Uh, okay, I just saw it on the Chicago WGN news today, and TF.N confirmed it. They're in, no use denying it.

Do I mind? Actually, not really. "Big scene with lots of extras"? Who cares? We'll hardly see them, and on the plus side, they'll blow up! :D :D :D The new show said they'd die in a ship or something, I don't remember.

10. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    First of all I'm not pro boy band by any stretch of the imagination.

This is the way I see it, as long as they don't have any lines to speak or sing any kind of lyrics what so ever I'm cool with them being in the movie. Since they are not actors they should not have any spoken lines AT ALL. But, if George actually lets them sing THAT my Star Wars friends would most certainly be disasterous for the PT. The last time there was singing in a SW movie it sounded pretty crappy(Jabba's palace). Now imagine Nsync!?. UGH!!!

Anyways, like I said as long as they're in the background, with no singing or speaking OR BREATHING... ok ok they can breath, I'm cool with it. :D

11. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    I feel sick. And sad. :( And angry. :mad:

12. LtKettch

Sep 19, 2000
    Let me clarify why I am angry. I don't like Nsync. I don't like fads. This tarnishes the timeless, mythic qualities of the saga. This is something that might happen on Star Trek (ie: The Rock on Voyager), but this wasn't supposed to happen to our saga. I don't care what George's daughter likes, it shouldn't affect what goes into the movie.

Having Nsync in AOTC, even as background characters could ruin the film for me. I will reserve judgement, but...

"I have a bad feeling about this." :mad:

13. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    believe me you wont even notice them.

14. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    If their roles are as extras, it won't make a difference.

15. EvenPiell

EvenPiell Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    There role is so small you wont see them unless you look for them and know where they are. You'll have to slow mo it there in it for such a small time. It doesnt matter at all, people are getting mad for no reason.

16. Darth Michigan

Darth Michigan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 1999
    I concur with LtKettch. Say they are just in the background and unrecognizable. This begs the question: Why are they even there at all? No good can come of it.

17. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    This is very, very bad.

Still holding out that it's just a cruel, twisted, evil, evil rumour.

18. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Let the bloodletting begin. TFN was the first to report on this rumor on December 17th, now it is confirmed. MTV reports the following:

A few of the 'NSYNC guys will appear in "Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones," according to a spokesperson from Lucasfilm.
    The spokesperson didn't know specifically which members have cameos in the movie, which will be the fifth "Star Wars" release from creator George Lucas. The guys will be seen for a fleeting moment in a "big scene with lots of extras."

The roles materialized after the group members, who are all fans of the sci-fi saga, asked the new film's producer, Rick McCallum, for bit parts.

What do you think of this? Let us know! Post your thoughts in the forum for Lucasfilm to read. Thanks to Jay for the alert!

... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
    oh cruel world!!! this is horror!!! or maybe i am overreacting? that´s right! they DO die don´t they??

19. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Yes! George, the king, has done what I had forseen. Take it from this Sith Lord, that Mr Lucas has finally seen the way! Jedi, the scumb and scurge of the galaxy, will finally feel the hate which they all deserve. Fear...fear of NSync being Jedi was abound when the first rumours began___Anger....when the rumours were made true___hate....hate towards a bunch of pansie-a**ed Jedi___suffering....the Jedi shall become extinct along with NSync's musical career...and all shall rejoice!

Isurus

p.s. you can find signup sheets for the Sith Arts at your local city center. Purge the Jedi!
    p.s.s. those few Rick McCallum supporters better get their Rick McCallum Defense Force ready for the enslaught to follow. hehe

20. WattosHat

WattosHat Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Well, there's a scene that takes place in a night club (I got this information from StarWars.com, if it's a spoiler, by all means, remove it!), so maybe they're some musical act in that scene. And how can you not like N*Sync? Lance is so dreamy, he looks like Ellen DeGeneres.

21. LtKettch

Sep 19, 2000
    Yes, that's exactly the question. Darth_Michigan hit it perfectly. If they are in the background and we'll "hardly notice them", then what's the point of them being in there at all? I can't think of anyother reason other than that the media will make a big deal of there "small" roles, and it's free publicity.

I just think that putting in Star Wars the pop culture fad of Nsync is sad. It's a sad day for Star Wars. Not because of they'll ruin the movie. Like others have said, it will probably make no difference in it being a good or bad movie. I might not even notice it the first time. The sad thing is that this cheapens the Star Wars image. If I'm a star, and I'm a fan, I can just get put in the movie? It's not a good precendence if you're trying to convince us that it's a serious work of art George.

Having Nsync in Star Wars will drive away more fans than it will bring in.

I come home from what was probably the last Star Wars CCG tourney in our area (due to LFL killing Decipher's license), and I then read this. You're killing me George. Two weeks ago I was one of your biggest supporters. Now? I'll say it again. It's a sad day for Star Wars fans.

22. WattosHat

WattosHat Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    People, people, people! Let's face it, Jake Lloyd ruined Star Wars for me. At least, for a while. Now I am wary of the new trilogy, and try not to get my hopes too high. After all, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than brought down...again.

23. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Please dont whine! You all, along with me, will be yelling with glee when we see those guys decapitated or whatever. Most people wanted Jar Jar dead as some sort of retribution. But I tell you, destroying NSync on screen will be equally delicious. Wipe them out....all of them!

Isurus

24. LordTion

LordTion Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Im so sad..

My last hope for some integrity just left.

We all know that George dont listen to the big fans to make his movies... but thats just a insult to us. He could have written "F*$£ YOU Fans!" in the opening scroll and that woulnt have been worse!

Meaby we will not see them alot.. but that's not excusing anything. What will be in Star Wars movie next: Britney Spears, Ronal Mc Donald a Power Ranger?

Its a sad. sad day for SW.

I propose a petition.. i will not change anything.. but it will show the world how angry we are!

25. LtKettch

Sep 19, 2000
    Are you suggesting that I'm whining. :mad:

I think I had some good reasons why this is bad idea. I may be a tad over dramatic (give me a few days to cool down), but I still think it's a bad idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.