main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Nsync's role in E2 thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Theedage, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    OMFG..... I haven't been online in about 5 hours and now from me hearing a rumor to it being utterly confirmed and expanded to what they would do........ WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!! If only Lord Vader would come here and execute me before I see a f'ing boy band pop star appear in a Star wars movie........ GL BAD ******** MISTAKE BUDDY....... E1 has jar jar E2 has Nsync...... what's next in E3 we're going to see jar jar's cross bred children with nsync. Seriously, how could GL have f'ed up more...... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, It's not fair. Even though they are supposedly going to be shown dying http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2001601540,00 .html they're still going to be in E2. GL PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS POST KILL ME OR CHANGE YOUR CASTING TO SOMEONE MORE APPROPRIATE LIKE AN SW GEEK. NOT A STUPID BOY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    LOL @ ^. Dude, THEY ARE EXTRAS. Uncredited, without lines, and probably far enough away to be without recognition.

AND...

It's only a movie. :)

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I agree with Sithman. It's just cameo appearances.

4. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Uhh as much as im takin back by this N'Sync crud did any one notice the TF.N letting out a pretty big spoiler.

5. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Well I had a sec to regain my composure of hearing that a boy band is going to be in Star Wars to realize its not that big a deal. While I have distaste for any of the MTV teen pop crap I have to say I cant fault N'Sync for just being loyal Star Wars fans like we are.

I remember seeing them on MTV when they got an exclusive peek with some other stars at Skywalker ranch, they had their lightsabers and were genuinely excited. Im not sure which of the stories is true that Lucas casted them because of his daughters or that N'Sync asked to be in, maybe both are true, but who wouldnt jump at the chance to be in Star Wars. Its a cameo and nothing more.

Unfortunately this just feeds the fire to the naysayers.

6. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    What's great about you guys is that at least you'll be specualting on which scene they'll be in. But the people who are spoiled know exactly where to look! :p

7. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Those of you who can defend Lucas's action here on any level must be the true believers.

I'm petty, fine, but that group does not deserve such an honor. Lucas already cast a boy band look-alike for Anakin, now he's finishing the job.

Lucas has lost all credibility as a competent and honost filmmaker, and not just cause of this. I hope he sells a lot of toys at least.

8. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    While they aren't credited or have any speaking roles... WANNA BET YOUR BUTT THEY'LL HAVE A SPECIAL 5 pack of Jedis... Modeled after the boyband themselves... I can just totally see this happening. I can't believe George did this. This was just plain STUPID! I don't care how many more tickets I could sell by putting them in for 2 second on my movie, I have a reputation to keep in tact. I would also have rather used nobodys for these films and not a bunch of huge stars for all these parts. Didn't George once say that was the best plan was so it seemed more real?

YOU FREAK! What's next? Gary Coleman as a Jedi and Mr. T as the next sith lord? CRIPES!! I don't care how small the appearance, just stupid. I can totally see toys be made of them. They make toys of all the other 2-second appearance characters in the movies, what's to stop this?

I'll buy the 5-pack if they make it and have a nice bonfire.

DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!!! At first I thought Jar Jar being taken out of the majority of the picture was a great move and you had it all figured out, but putting NSync in for a couple seconds, now THAT'S lame.

9. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    NSync has talent? That's debatable depending on who you talk to. However, that said, I could care less if they are in the movie as non-speaking extras. I'm not blood thirsty to see anything in real life happen to anyone, but to see them off-ed in the movie will be a dream come true even if they aren't NSync in the movie.

It just doesn't matter people. Heck, hardly anyone was worried when McCallum was an extra, or when John Knowles (was that him?) that got blown up in the N-1 Starfighter.

Everyone gets all worked up, when they don't have to. Now, I'll admit if they were singing in the movie I'd prolly be with you guys on giving Lucas the 3rd degree, but this is simply not the case. You guys need to stop worrying so much. It's just a film and it's supposed to be fun and how can it not be fun seeing the guys in NSync getting blown up? :)

10. FOX1973

FOX1973 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    I give up.
    Criticism against TPM, I could answer, but this?
    Way to screw us over, George.

11. EvenPiell

EvenPiell Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    'What's great about you guys is that at least you'll be specualting on which scene they'll be in. But the people who are spoiled know exactly where to look'

Even though we know where to look it will still be impossible to notice them, that is how many extras there will be. I cant believe all this over reaction, the scene they are in has SO many other people in, really you guys shouldnt even be bothered by it.

12. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I guess some rumors are bound to come true! I'm just glad to hear it'll only be an uncredited cameo. Let them enjoy themselves: they're fans, too. How many of *you* would love an uncredited cameo in one of the SW movies?

13. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    One thing may sate the way I feel about this: Does Mr. Britney Spears and Co actually like Star Wars?

14. EvenPiell

EvenPiell Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    'One thing may sate the way I feel about this: Does Mr. Britney Spears and Co actually like Star Wars?'

Apprantly the whole band are huge fans and asked if they could have a cameo in the new film.

15. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    ...so...damn...upset...
    ...dreams...shattering...
    ...all...faith...in Lucas...disapating

I've defended Lucas through every supposedly bad move he made. I was cool with Jar Jar. I was cool with the insane amount of merchandise. I even gave midichlorians a shot. But this...

Even if a didn't hate NSYNC, this would really bother me. As many people have already said, it takes away from the timeless nature of the saga. The ILM and LFL cameos in Episode I were distracting enough.

And for everyone saying that "it's just a cameo, you'll never notice"... c'mon, don't lie to yourselves. We're Star Wars fans. Most of us know the life history of Diva Funquita and how many brothers and sisters Wuher has. Trust me, we'll notice.

Now, I'm going to try to cool down. But I doubt I will.

16. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Just think what may have happened if his kids liked Cyndi Lauper, Marilyn Manson or Pink Floyd.

Wish my dad was a film-maker.

17. darth_saul

darth_saul Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Someone said on the first or second page of this thread that casting someone in the movie just because they are fans, and because they are stars is not right. Think back to around 1994 or so when SW hype started kicking up and it was confirmed that Lucas was making some more movies: it was well documented in several magazine interviews(some of which I have, somewhere), and tv interviews that Sam Jackson would KILL to be in SW. He said something to the effect that he would be a stormtrooper where you never see his face, or anything. And, tah dah, a great character is born in Mace Windu. The only difference here is, Sam is cool.

Let's lay out the facts as we know them:

N'SYNC is in the movie: BAD

N'SYNC is in a small cameo among lots of other extras: NOT AS BAD

N'SYNC gets blown up by battledroids or somesuch other thing: SUPERTIGHT!!

I don't see what you fan boys are so uptight about. Maybe you are fighting your inner love for boy bands? :)

18. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    `Maybe you are fighting your inner love for boy bands?'

I'm prepared to forgive you for that statement. ;)

19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    It's posts like the one above by Theedage that make me embarrassed to be a Star Wars fan. That kind of reaction is ridiculous and pathetic. This is just a movie. These are not big roles. They are going to be extras. We probably won't even be able to recognize them. Who cares??

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey, I'm not uptight. Actually, I could care less and less about this as time goes on.
    In fact, I respect them. They love Star Wars, and so they ask around about getting into Star Wars. They're well known enough that LFL would consider their request, and they get in the movie. That shows a true Star Wars fan- actually working at trying to get into a SW movie.

When you boil it all down, they're people just the same as us. They love certain things and hate certain things. They love Star Wars. They work at getting into a SW movie and beyond all their expectations, they get in. Now, what normal, Star Wars fan wouldn't love THAT?

21. Bjorn75

Bjorn75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    darth_saul:Maybe you are fighting your inner love for boy bands?

Close, but no cigar. They are angry because they would have preferred a bare-tummied Britney Spears. ;)

(sorry about the herecy, but this thread could use some serious lightning-up)

I don't have a problem with cameos in general, nor do I have a problem with this particular case. As many have already pointed out - they're extras with no dialogue, basically they're cardboard cutouts.
    The only, potential pitfall I see with this, is that due to Nsync's fame (or whatever) their shots might be too hard to leave on the cutting-room-floor, leading to a sub-optimal edit. Seriously though, I don't see that as much of a threat either, since alledgedly their shots involve big explosions and Jedi getting killed. I therefore assume that the shots are in a very important scene, and are going to be included whatever happens.

Some extras who happen to be famous won't change AOTC in the least, only in some people's minds.

Björn

22. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    It's the final editions for episodes 4, 5, and 6 that worry me.

Duran Duran anyone?

23. Bjorn75

Bjorn75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    I wonder what happens when they reveal that Boney M were the ones in the Cantina band... [face_shocked]

24. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I ask everyone this, let's say that these small cameos weren't leaked out. You went to see AotC and loved it. About a month after openning day it is revealed that NSync had a small cameo in the movie. Would this change your opinion about the movie? I would tend to think that it wouldn't.

I agree that if Lucas is using this as a way to attact a certain demographic to the film or to get more publicity, then I can't agree with this decision. If it was simply some fans, who happen to be famous, being included in the film in the most minor of ways, then I don't really care.

It isn't going to change my view of the movie just because NSync has a minor role. I doubt I will even be looking for them in the movie! I wouldn't have even known that Peter Jackson was in LOTR if someone didn't tell me where to look.

25. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think the only mistake Lucas made is to let this information leak out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.