The Official Nsync's role in E2 thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Theedage, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    Everyone keep fussing about getting Jar Jar killed. I think that if a big enough stink is made we can all pull it off! ;)

2. Rinon Shadow Jedi Jedi Knight

Yeah, he'll die, but the only chance you'll have of seeing it is if GL makes another trilogy. He'll never let his sweet Disney-like creation go so easy.
  3. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    "Caving in was sacrificing art for pop culture "

I couldn't have said it better. :) Besides, Lucas realizes now that their appearance may in fact over shadow the story. STAR WARS has always been about the story and not about the participating actors. Having such an infamous band make an appearance, even if they were just background folk, was asking for trouble. Kudos to GL for correcting an obvious mistake.
  4. Kimbergirlfromnc Jedi Youngling

To hell with Nstink! All you wussies complaining about how the fan boys should feel so badly about how we acted and that we should feel sorry for Nstink being cut out of Episode 2. You just don't understand how vital SW is to the people that grew up with the movies from the very beginning. SW is more than a movie to many of us, it's a religion. Of course newer fans may (or never) understand this.
  5. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    I could care less if Lucas put "Nstink" in because he wanted more little girls watching the movie, or because he was trying to please his kids.

I do care that he pays attention to so called fans that bitch and moan everytime they don't get their way.

For goodness sake, it was seconds of a cameo, as long as they didn't break into song or become major characters what's the big deal ?

I rather have them in than to suffer more of these whiny fans crying about non-essential stuff. Grow up !
  6. FOX1973 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Two words.

'Woo.'
    'Hoo!'
  7. SomeRandomNerd Force Ghost

star 4
    >>>>All you wussies complaining about how the fan boys should feel so badly about how we acted and that we should feel sorry for Nstink being cut out of Episode 2

#looks around#

Where?
    :confused:
  8. grayson Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wouldn't feel sorry for them. They just wrote themselves into Star Wars mythology and the annals of geekdom. What if this whole thing was a publicity stunt, and the boys of N'Sync were in on it? It doesn't even matter if it was or not. This is now part of Star Wars lore. It will be in a version of Star Wars trivial pursuit one day: What boy band had a cameo appearance in Star Wars: Episode II that was removed after fans protested? They're in. Probably hundreds of people have bit parts in Star Wars. N'Sync, in the long run, would have had just another bit part. But now, they're immortal.
  9. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay!!!!!!!!! Fans got what they wanted.. Good move George!!!!!!
  10. Darth Michigan Jedi Master

star 2
    I'd like to second Fox1973's sentiment of "Woo Hoo". I wasn't as outraged as some, but it's probably better that they aren't in it.
  11. OneTruth Jedi Knight

star 1
    The complaining fans made them immortal. I still don't think it was that big of a deal.
  12. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
  13. Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Knight

star 1
    It might be "just too early to make that decision" for LFL, but after what happened the past few days, you think they'd do it anyway?

Valeris
  14. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!1

I can already hear the whining and grinding of teeth !!! LOL !!!!!!!

Yes Lucas, keep them in, let the rabid fanatics have a hear attack !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! :)
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    This is going to turn into an embarassment for SW fans, I'm not talking about NSync as extras in AotC...I'm talking about yet another division among fans, and the general childish attitude of many opposed to them being in.

For the record, I'm all for NSync being cast somewhere in AotC! Not because I'm a fan of their music (that's not even considered why I support their chance to be cast) my reason for wanting them to make it into the final cut is because it would be a once in a lifetime chance for any fan of SW (and they have admitted that they are BIG fans of SW just like the rest of us). To lash out at them is to turn one ourselves as a fan community (if we're not divided too far already).

We live in a society of such bad-mouthing whinners that can't simply agree to disagree. I'm growing increasing disappointed in the lack of tolerance by some who claim to "understand" Star Wars better then the rest of us. KEEP THEM IN GEORGE...MAKE THE MOVIE THE WAY YOU WANT, TRUE FANS WILL BE TOLERANT AND ACCEPTING OF WHAT YOU DECIDE!
  16. XDark_JediX Jedi Knight

My opposition to N*SINK (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose) in the movie flows like this:

They ARE very big Star Wars fans. HOWEVER, they are very big FAMOUS Star Wars fans and that is exactly why they shouldn't be in the movie. The only reason they had any kind of a shot at being in the film is because millions of pre-pubescent girls (and some boys) make them famous for 15 minutes. It really has very little to do with how big of fans they are. If that were the case, why can't I have a part? All you have to do is walk in my apartment to know how big of a fan I am.

Imagine watching RotJ and seeing the gang from New Kids on the Block in the background. (I know RotJ predates NKOTB but you really should concentrate on my point) That would look kinda silly now, eh? NKOTB was the N*SINK of the '80's but look at them now. IMNTBHO, Lucas did too much with the dialog of TPM that dates it, we don't need today's *hot item* but tomorrow's *has beens* putting a time stamp on it. Star Wars is too "timeless" for that.

Oh well, Star Wars is dying a painful death anyway, might as well have N*SINK sing "Bye, Bye, Bye" to it.....
  17. SomeRandomNerd Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, or imagine, say, someone from some cheesy 80s sitcom like Cheers appearing in Empire Strikes Back.

It would ruin the film.

8-}
  18. FOX1973 Jedi Knight

star 1
    A New Hope did actually contain 'dated' scripting- Han Solo called Leia 'sister'. Uh, that was dodgy 70's 'hip' speak, not reference to her soon-to-be-discovered family ties...
  19. Obi_Wan_KeNumsey Jedi Padawan

Perosnally, when I was reading the newspaper (Philadelphia Daily News), and I saw that it said those idiots were going to be in the film. I nearly fell out of my chair, filled with a mix of both rage and disbelief. I quickly got back in my seat, and read the paragraph 5 more times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I even had my dad read it to me to make sure. Alas, it was true.

But then I saw it was in the section which was just rumors and junk like that, and breathed a sigh of relief. But then, I came online, and read it again on all kinds of entertainment and news sites.

"What the hell is George thinking?" was the first thing that came to mind. F his daughters, man. He should just tell them, "When you make millions and millions of dollars, you can make your own movies and cast whoever you want. Until then, they're not getting cast in any of the SW movies." But that's just me.

But then I came to TF.N today, and I saw that they were just used as extras, that they'd barely be noticed, they don't talk, and (the cherry on the sundae) they get killed by battle droids.

I have just one word for that: sweet.
  20. Mist1024 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just want to reiterate what Krash has said. Picking on a two second cameo is just plain stupid.

I mean, should we be ousting Samual L Jackson from his even longer cameos just because he is a fan of Star Wars? You remember how Samual got his part, right? And where was the fan outrage then?
  21. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Mu-hahahaha, the SNL skit is mad funny. :D

Anyway, in all seriousness, I still don't understand why this is such a big issue among fans. Lucas's daughter had a two-second cameo in TPM, and no one noticed her. For all we know, members of some other boy band also had non-speaking roles, and sure enough, the movie rolled on as always. There are bigger fish to fry, folks.
  22. Yun-Yuuzhan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, like any possible bad acting. I doubt the presence of such a thing though.
  23. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    `Mu-hahahaha, the SNL skit is mad funny.'

It's got offical spoilers though, hasn't it?
  24. X-Wing_Pilot5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    From what I have heard, it was *NSYMC that went up to George Lucas, not the other way around. Lucas did NOT think, "Hmm, what if I had *NSYNC as a cameo role in AOTC." No, THEY called HIM and asked if they could be in it. He said OK (but I'm not sure if they are anymore) Also, it was to be a CAMEO. Not speaking, not doing any big thing, but a CAMEO. Personall,y I'm not a big *NSYNC fan so it probably, no make that MOST DEFINITELY will not ruin the movie for me or take me out of the plot, etc.

But some know what the members of *NSYNC look like, and so (forgive me if I am mistaken) the sight of the band members will take them out of the "Star Wars" universe and give them that felling that they are watching a movie like "Hot Shots" or "Robin Hood: MEn in Thights," where everybody is all too aware that they are in a MOVIE.

So here is the solution. Put *NYNC in AOTC...

... IN A COSTUME!

That's right, a costume. Goerge said they would be in a cameo, but would we have to notice it. Think if it - the Star Wars universe. Besides humans with heads you can see, what else do we have? Mandalorians, other masked people and aliens! So make the boy band a bunch of mandalorians, early stromtroopers etc OR make them very un-human aliens! Problem solved! :)

God bless,

X-Wing Pilot 5
  25. LtKettch Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you read the Zap2It article with NSync, that's exactly what they said. They'll probably be alien headed Jedi. It's pretty funny, the one guy called it "CIG" before he was corrected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.