main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub v 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Veloz, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Well here we go again [face_laugh]

Since Strilo made me start another one, here we are :p

Welcome everyone to the third version of the Obi Wan fanclub :D come in, make yourselves comfortable, and carry on the discussions about the coolest Jedi ever here.

If u want to read about the mischief we got into in the old threads, go here: http://boards.theforce.net/star_wars_community/b10012/23623383/p1

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

;)

Congrats on getting to version 3.0 guys. For real this time.

3. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Oh, wow, a brand spanking new thread! Is it here to stay this time? [face_laugh]

Integral, we definitely are naughty... [face_mischief][face_devil]:) BEWARE!!! [face_laugh]

4. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] u know it! [face_devil] and thanks :D

Since it's a new thread, does it mean i can pretend i'm not naughty?... no one has to know [face_thinking]

5. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Nice try, Veloz...nice try. Won't work. We are on to you. [face_laugh]

6. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Congrats guys!:D

3.0 doesn't happen very often it seems![face_devil]

7. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, we're on to version 4.0. Could it happen to a better thread? :D It's fun here. :)

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    It was worth a try [face_laugh]

Indeed arbed, i love this thread :)

ILA: we take our Obiness very serious here [face_laugh] so i guess one could say we rarely run out of topics [face_whistling]

9. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    I am rewording this question for discussion here that popped up in another thread -

Do you think Anakin would have turned if he had been found as an infant and raised by the Jedi, then been mentored by Obi-Wan?

- or -

If Anakin had not gotten romantically involved with Padme, do you think he would have turned? (other things being the same i.e. he still gets found at 9 yrs old and Qui dies and Obi trains him).

10. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    QuiGon might had a chance training Anakin if only Mace Windu allowed him.he tried, but that only made Obiwan feel bad about QuiGon wanting to train Anakin even as he(Obi) was still his Padawan.I was surprised he did not bring up the 'pathetic lifeform' issue on Mustafar.how would have it look like?:D

veloz;Hiya! nice of you to continue with our Obiwan lunacy.That's the right word I can come up,given the going-ons here.Good job!=D=

11. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Roguegirl: you mean that after OBW cuts off Anakin's limbs, he should go: NOW you're a pathetic lifeform!!!:D

I think that Anakin would've turned anyhow. In him there was this burning desire for power, which is not very Jedi-like.

How are everyone doing? V3.0 is not bad people - not that I can take too much pride in my contributions:p

12. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004

13. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] well someone had to do it :p

Rossa: i always love reading ur contributions :D

arbed: to answer ur questions - i cant say if Anakin had been raised in the Temple e wouldnt have turned to the darkside... maybe yes, maybe no. The reasons for Anakin's slide to the darkside were there since he was a child imo, i just think his emotions were always where he got into trouble. *Maybe* the Jedi could have helped him work on that since he was an infant, but then again, maybe that would have made matters worse, who knows.

I dont think his infatuation with Padme helped matters at all [face_laugh], and at the start i do believe it was infatuation, not so much love. Considering Anakin was raised by his mother alone, i think he needed a female figure in his life, and after he left his mother, i'm sure that didnt help. I'm no shrink, but that's how i see it [face_laugh] ... i think Anakin cared for Padme, and at some point it was love, but i dont think that was a healthy relationship, specially towards the end, when Anakin became so possesive of her.

[face_laugh] we can all come up with versions that would ruin GL's story arbed, so dont worry :p

14. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Thank you Veloz[:D]

I suppose it all depends on whether or not you believe in a chosen destiny. If you do believe in that, you are more or less forced to believe that Anakin would always fall. If you don't believe in a chosen destiny, you are more or less forced to believe that his actions control or shape his destiny. I'm of the latter conviction, but I still think that Anakin had something innate that would always bubble to the surface; namely his desire for power and his impatience in ahcieving this...

15. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Were on version 3 already? :eek:

Anakin's desire for power was one of the reasons why he turned to the dark side. Anakin is reponsible for his own actions; not Obi-wan or any one else. In the end Anakin made his own choice. In my opinion.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hey guys! Well, I used to post here and I'm a rabid Obi-Wan fan, so I'm trying to get back into some of the SW boards here. Especially with upcoming TV shows :D I'm really interested to see how Clone Wars portrays Obi-Wan. Now, to questions...

Do you think Anakin would have turned if he had been found as an infant and raised by the Jedi, then been mentored by Obi-Wan?

I think it's far less likely he would have. I've always considered his being taken away from his mother so late to be probably the biggest problem in his life as a Jedi. But I don't know if he'd be raised by Obi-Wan in that case anyway, as Obi-Wan was really young to have a padawan and wouldn't have been their first choice...

- or -

If Anakin had not gotten romantically involved with Padme, do you think he would have turned? (other things being the same i.e. he still gets found at 9 yrs old and Qui dies and Obi trains him).

Actually, yes. I think it certainly fueled that, but I think Palpatine just picked that one thing to manipulate. It's a good one to, but I think if Anakin hadn't had a relationship with Padme (or pined over her, maybe not even met her...) I think he still would have had major pride issues. Palps probably would have found some other aspect of his pride to use against him.

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. chelsy_skywalker

chelsy_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    I think that almost indefinately, Anakin would without doubt not have turned to the Dark Side if he was raised up as a Jedi, but then again he still would've met Padme, so therefore I think this one's ruled out a little, unless going by the fact that he would obey the rule of the Jedi and not fallen for her, but still I think it's a bit impossible unless he had far more discipline like the rest of the Jedi had. That puts a dead halt on me.:_|[face_thinking]

- or -

I think the same. But the reason that he went to the Dark Side in the first place was BECAUSE of Padme, because of the dream he had of her dying. He was going to whatever length to save her from that fate, like his mother. If he hadn't gotten romantically involved. (Going on strictly what-if.), then I think maybe he had a better chance of going down the right path and fulfilling his destiny. But Skywalker, was terming on Luke so I think either way destiny and fate would get in the way and somehow someway, he'd end up going to the darkside whether Padme and more discipline were involved or not.

Fate is Fate.
    Even if it does suck what happened to him.:(
    Obi-Wan tried to save him, and Anakin was blinded by his hatred, and sadness, and anger. And even his dedication to Padme and keeping her alive. I think that at that point he wasn't even going to let Obi-Wan get in the way either. he was too lost at that point.
    And even Obi-Wan had said that he was lost. I think that Obi-wan knew right then that there was no chance of saving him, but he still wanted to believe that maybe there was a possibility that he could, even if deep down there was no chance.
    I think Anakin couldn't even see what he was doing anymore.

18. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    There was definitely a root desire of Anakin's for power to save her. He was so obsessed with her that nothing,- Jedi, Obi-Wan, friends, or Padme herself,- could change his mind and stop him; come hell or high water. However Padme the enabler didn't help matters any by encouraging his behavior. She could have cut it off, too, and knew it was wrong for them to get married, but did it anyway. She holds a bit of the blame herself for what she allowed Anakin to become. Someone kills a bunch of Tuscan women and children, you ought to have serious issues with said person. She should have demanded that Anakin get help or it's hit the road. But, of course, love is so often blind and one cannot see when another person really needs help sometimes.

19. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    It's interesting to me that in AOTC when Padme says she couldnt live a lie and asks Anakin if he could do that, he said that it would destroy them, and it certanly did didnt it?... i think the secret marriage brought a lot of pressure to Anakin, and when he got the baby news well, that added even more.

U know arbed, i always found so odd that Padme seems to just have accepted Anakin murdered all of those tuskens so indeed i'm gonna have to agree that love must have blinded her, because no way in hell that makes sense to me.... i think Obi Wan would have been devastated if he found out about Anakin killing them, but i think he would have tried to help him cope, i think that could have helped somewhat, but Anakin kept it hidden... not that it would have been an easy thing to confess to, but that's the first huge secret he kept and i think that was a turning point for him.

20. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    i think the secret marriage brought a lot of pressure to Anakin

(SECRET #2)

and when he got the baby news, well, that added even more.

(SECRET # 3)

...but i think he [Obi] would have tried to help him cope, ... but Anakin kept it hidden... but that's [the Tuscan slaughter] the first huge secret he kept and i think that was a turning point for him.

(yup, SECRET # 1)

It makes we wonder how many of the visits with Palps/Sids were secret. He kept a lot of things from Obi-Wan and the Jedi, why not most of this? I'm sure the Jedi and Obi-Wan didn't realize to what extent Palps/Sids was messing with Anakin's mind. Everyone thinks he's just a well-meaning politician. [face_laugh] Sad. If only...if only. :(

EDIT: and how many "midnight trists" were also being kept secret? Anakin was leading a life of deceit, it's no wonder he imploded. (fell)

21. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Thos visits with Palps sure were a mistake... Anakin needed to be locked inside the Temple :p [face_laugh]

I agree, eventually those secrets came back to haunt him:-B

22. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Literally. :(

23. stiger1

stiger1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2007
    He should of been locked in the Temple for many reasons.

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] i cant imagine what u mean [face_whistling]

25. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Brett Favre retired today...I am in mourning. We will certainly suck next year. :_|:(

I am getting impatient. I want my LWD DVD NOW!!! It says it will be delivered UPS tomorrow. I can't wait to see Veloz' infamous "chapter 2." :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.