main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub v 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Veloz, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    You speak as if you can be absolutely sure of that. I don't see why;)

I'm not saying that we don't make our own destinies - I think we do. But that's somewhat beside the point here. Think back to TPM: Anakin left his mother, even though he was no longer a slave, for a better life. He left the Jedi Order in search of something better. Anakin wasn't born evil. But he was driven by a desire to become stronger and more powerful than everyone else - eventually he would have as a Jedi, but by ROTS, he didn't have the patience - IMHO, the whole Padme thing was a sharade. Subconsciously he was as selfish as ever.

Power is the key here: Dooku sought it, and given the chance he took it. Anakin craved power also, and given the chance, he took it. Luke, as seen from the movies, didn't crave power in the same way Anakin did...

Why is it so quiet on these boards at the moment?

2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I agree with Rossa: i dont think one can be 100% certain that Anakin wouldnt have turned had he been raised by the jedi... maybe the odds would have diminished somewhat, but one cant say with absolute certanty he wouldnt have turned.

I'm slow today cause i partied a bit too much last night, and today i'm paying for it [face_tired] [face_laugh]

3. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (albiet a little late) You're a real sneak. [face_shame_on_you]) Why didn't you say something? Now I feel real bad now about not knowing about it. I knew it was soon, but I didn't know the day. And I wanted to make it special. [face_frustrated]:(

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/arbed2/MasterKenobi2.jpg]

Anyway, have some cake and ice cream. I hope you had a good one and a wonderful time partying.

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/arbedspics/birthday-cake.jpg]

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/arbedspics/CORB1296.jpg]

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/arbed2/Home/95a1fc05.jpg]

4. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] i did a great job sneaking around it yesterday [face_whistling]

No worries arbed, thanks a lot for the good wishes :D ...mesa loves the cake, ice cream and piccies, YUMM! [face_dancing]

5. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I just think you jipped us out of a chance to party, and was a little upset about not being able to. I just didn't understand why you would want to do that. I mean, we've been posting a long time and I thought we would share it. I guess I was mistaken. (shrugs)

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Happy Stealth Birthday Veloz!

Yep, which is why I think he would have likely fallen eventually even if not for Padme. Palpatine could always find some piece to move into play in order to seduce him to the Dark Side.

7. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    We dont need an excuse to party ;)

Thanks MS :D

Palpatine was good at the manipulation, but ppl cant manipulate u if u dont let them. Anakin was no dummy, he was a smart young man, i just wish he could have mastered his emotions better and *think* a bit more. Bur Rossa is right: power played a huge role in the end.

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Sorry for the double post, but i had to share this Obi pix from the 3D CW Cartoons that i found in the Small Screen SW forum:
    [image=http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/tcw3.jpg]
    Dang, he looks cool! :D

9. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Originally I wasn't sure if I liked the design they used for Obi-Wan, but when I saw that I was sure I do.

10. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    That pic is actually quite cool Veloz! I'm not too big a fan of the uniform though;)

11. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I like it for reasons I went into earlier that ranged from it reminding me of a white knight to the vaderishness. :p

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I doubt he'll be in Stormtrooper getup the whole time... I'm interested to see him in his Jedi tunics. Man, I'm just so jazzed about this in general. We get to see SW in theatres again :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    But Luke did develop a thirst for revenge like Anakin did after he found his mom tortured to death by the Tuskens. Thanks to Obi-wan, Darth Vader is Luke's version of the Tusken Raiders because he killed everyone Luke cared about like Owen, Beru, Obi-wan himself, and his father. Luke had revenge on his mind just as Anakin did but those thoughts disappeared when he found out that Anakin IS Vader. Luke wouldn't have had those thoughts if he had known the truth much earlier and the only reason Anakin craved power is because he's incapable of letting go of his fear of loss. Dooku craved power because he was fed up with both the corruption in the Senate and the Jedi's blind servitude to it along with their ineffectiveness.

Anakin wouldn't have any fears if he had been raised by the Jedi since infancy.

Veloz-One can't be 100% certain that Anakin would still become a Sith either regardless if he were a full-bred Jedi. Just because Dooku did it doesn't mean that any other Jedi would do the same...in fact, none of the other Jedi went down the Dark Side for the past 1,000 years (if you go by the movies). Oh and Anakin IS a dummy because he knew what kind of person Palpatine really is and yet he still helps him kill off all the Jedi.

14. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Luke didn't go to Bespin for revenge. He went there to try save his friends - what, from the movies, leads you to believe otherwise?

Maul, Dooku and GG serves as foreshadowings of Vader, and explains Vader. Dooku is the ambitious Jedi who craves more than a Jedi should - as does Anakin.

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hello everyone :D

Exactly my point PMT: ur the one that makes it seem certain he wouldnt have turned had he been trained as a jedi since he was little. U said Never in a million years. Anakin will be 100% loyal to the Jedi and Obi-wan that he will have the willpower to resist all of PalpSidious's mindtricks. Therefore, he would never become Darth Vader and the prophecy would be fulfilled much earlier. ... i say we cant be certain either way, him being trained from infancy isnt a guarantee either.

IMO Anakin wasnt a dummy intelectually (emotionally, that's a nother story:p ), he was power hungry ... the fact that he feels remorse shows he knew what he did was wrong, but his desire for power made it justifiable in his eyes, like it was an ok thing to do. I dont think he was dummy, he got greedy and selfish.

Every jedi has fears... the key thing is they must learn to master themselves to not let those take over, and i think that's a lesson that they never stopped learning and working on.

I dont think Luke went to Bespin for revenge either, and i dont get what from the movie leads u to that conclusion but hey, to each their own.

Thanks to Obi-wan, Darth Vader is Luke's version of the Tusken Raiders because he killed everyone Luke cared about like Owen, Beru, Obi-wan himself, and his father.
    I disagree 110% with this, but again, it's ur opinion and ur entitled to it. I obviously dont see the saga in the same way as u.

I'm really looking forward to some General Kenobi action, i think the armor makes him look very different, but oh so very cool :D

MS: Indeed that armor in Obi Wan just makes the mind wonder and asociate it with so many things, that's the real irony of him wearing it i think.[face_thinking]

16. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    obi wan is the best JEdi Ever and one of my top favorites

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey you crazy Obi-Wan lovers ...

You may have noticed the new game here in SWC ... the Ghost Ship Executor. It's a murder mystery RPG game.

Anyways, I thought it'd be great if we could see some of the SWC regulars show up and play and represent this forum really well! What do you say? (plus, there's already two Obi-Wan Kenobi's playing the game ... plenty of space for his sidekicks though ... no Qui-Gon or Siri Tachi yet ;))

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd been thinking about checking it out.

19. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    You should. I'll join the fanclub if you join the sleepy game. :p

Although, I'd probably be interested in joining anyways. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. :p

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Someone *has* to play Qui-Gon! I'm playing Ben :D I played the last one of these games and it was one of the most fun times I've had on the boards. Definitely think about it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, there was some switching around and now I'm playing ROTS Obi-Wan :D So the OT era is still open. I debated it a lot, because playing Old Ben would have been interesting, but I think ROTS Obi-Wan is easier for me. We have a Qui-Gon now, too. But there are still plenty of spots.

-sj loves kevin spacey

22. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    I think obi wan tranied anakin well and i am slowly started to think That him and padme could have had a future together if padme didn't fall for Ani

23. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Obi-Wan + Padme = NO It just isn't right. Much as this idea is compelling and intriguing - just seems so wrong and out of character for Obi-Wan. Most of this idea is fanfic (unless of course, GL decides now that Obi-Wan has/had a lover *gasps*) I mean, Anakin now has a padawan, it wouldn't surprise me if some lover just happens to pop up out of the woodwork. [face_laugh]

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The Obidala thing is one of those things that I find interesting when done well in fics (which is rare), but don't think would ever happen in the canon.

-sj loves kevin spacey

25. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hello Obi fans! :D

Hmm i havent checked that game out, but maybe i shouldnt if it's addictive [face_laugh]

I'm against Obidala ... other than the hint of romance with Siri, i dont think i can picture Obi Wan falling for anyone else.

arbed: [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.