main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub v 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Veloz, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I must admit, i dunno who some of them are and i also have no idea what's going on in that thread [face_blush] [face_laugh]

2. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    :-B[face_laugh]

It was too involved for me and too time consuming.

So, how's everyone today?

3. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] well thankfully i got a pm asking me if i wanted some coaching, so i gladly accepted :) ... i hope they aprove it, i also want to use a sock i just registered... i dont want this user banned when i lose [face_laugh]

I'm doing well thanks, arbed... i just had lunch and i'm now having the last of my bday cake, so i'm very happy :D ... and u?

4. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I too want birthday cake. I think I forgot to wish you a happy birthday, so happy birthday a few days late[:D]

Not much happening here, it's not exactly lunch no more though, frickin time zones:p

How dissapointed were you guys with OBW against Dooku in AOTC?

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Pretty good. :)

I'll have to make a sock to use when I get banned. I don't remember any of the passwords for my old socks.

I wasn't very disappointed given that Dooku was able to last against Yoda. :p I was more disappointed by RotS Obi-Wan's quick defeat by Dooku.

6. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Yeah, but the thing was that OBW defeated Maul - and his onslaught on Maul after the force rayshield opened was amazing - dark-side or not. Against Dooku it appeared that he had forgotten his regular morning coffee.

Dooku held his own against Yoda, but I still believe that Yoda wasn't really giving his all - testing him if you will...

In ROTS I was dissapointed too... OBW's efforts comes off as a tad dissapointing...

7. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, I don't think Yoda was giving it his all either. And, you're right that it seems strange after a Padawan Obi-Wan defeated Darth Maul, but Tyranus is so far above Maul that I think it works. Of course, I'm also someone who thinks Dooku only started trying against Yoda, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would if I thought the Count was struggling against Anakin.

8. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Dooku struggling against Anakin? [face_laugh] You're funny. He was toying with him, testing him, but ultimately surprised at Anakin's speed and ferocity before he simply cut his arm off!:p

Dooku was having a ball with the two of them - he would've struggled a bit more had Anakin not gone all kamikaze on him at the beginning, but eventually he would've defeated them. Just look at the way he mocks OBW, and grins at him before he strikes him down - he could have killed him right then and there if he wanted to. Methinks he had a weak spot for OBW because of Qui-Gon...

Dooku certainly stepped it up a notch against Yoda - but he quickly realized that he was outmatched. I wonder why he ever believed he was more powerful than Yoda8-}

9. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, I agree but I've heard people say they thought Anakin left Dooku tired because he was such a challenge to the Count.

Agreed.

Arrogance is a magical thing. :p

10. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Sorry, i ate it all [face_blush] [face_laugh] thanks! :D

Well Obi against Dooku in AOTC was kinda dissapointing, cause well, first i heard Lucas cut off parts of it [face_not_talking] ... then of course, Dooku was able to defeat poor Obi but the way i see it, Dooku was Kenobi's kryptonite [face_laugh] ... he just couldnt do it all, and considering we know he survives ROTS i think George just wanted to make him suffer a bit :p

The thing is, Dooku had to be killed by Anakin so unless Lucas would have kept Obi Wan in orbit while Anakin landed in the Invisible Hand and rescued Palpatine, i knew Obi Wan had to be out of comission somehow, cause Anakin wouldnt have killed Dooku like he did with Obi Wan looking. I can accept the way things played out, but i would have done it differently :p

11. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    I wasn't dissappointed in Obi-Wan in AotC, except for the fact that I know about half that duel was cut. Why? Who knows. Apparently GL felt that one or two more minutes of Obi/Dooku would severely hurt the length of his movie. *shrugs*

But I WAS very disappointed in Obi-Wan vs. Dooku in RotS. I know Obi-Wan had to be gone or "out of commission" somehow, but that was not the way to do it. I would have had Obi-Wan chase after or go looking for Grievous or something. This makes much more sense than what we ended up with - Obi-Wan taken out AGAIN by Dooku in such an easy seeming fashion it almost don't make sense. But I just came to accept that Dooku had Obi-Wan's number, or that Obi-Wan really had trouble with Dookku's unique "Form 2" saber style that not many used any more. (It surprises me that Dooku didn't teach that to Qui-Gon).

Then again, if I had my way, Yoda wouldn't have made his saber appearance til Sids in RotS either. These are two major changes I would make to the saga if I could. [face_laugh]

12. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I hate it when George cuts duels, i mean come on man! dont do that to me :oops: [face_laugh]

Well i can see Lucas wanting to show more of the brotherly interactions between Obi and Anakin, wich is exactly what we saw with them running around in the Invisible Hand. This way we can get a sense of the friendship they had so we can experience more of a loss... but Lucas could have kept Obi Wan orbiting around leading the clones in battle, while Anakin landed.

I'm telling ya, we should all re-write the prequels how we would have liked to see it in a fanfic [face_laugh] ... now if only i could make time for that :oops: :-B

13. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Excellent idea...get cracking, girl!!! ;)

14. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

That's all i got so far :-B :p [face_laugh]

solojones: ur gonna have to help me survive in that role playing game when it starts [face_laugh] .. us Kenobis need to stick together [face_whistling] ;)

15. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Wow a new thread to play in.

Hey everyone, not going to post what I have just read to much info at the moment need to process them first.

*lurks off*

16. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Oh, no you don't - Come back!!!!! [face_chicken]

j/k [face_laugh]

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think Obi-Wan was so spooked by his first encounter with the Sith in Maul, and his own rather dark reaction to that, that when he faced Dooku he was extremely skittish. It seemed like he was trying to contain himself and not be angry at all, and that probably distracted him too much.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Huh, I hadn't ever thought of it that way.

19. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hmm indeed solojones, that's an interesting take on it and i hadnt thought about it like that before [face_thinking]

20. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Perhaps...interesting...

I would imagine being as Obi-Wan seems to really try to follow the code and strive to be a "good Jedi" that even briefly using the dark side might have really shaken him. I could not have been a pleasant experience for him, just being the way he is - so dedicated to the Jedi and then to realize that he came close to the edge. It can change a person.

Excellent thought, I hadn't thought of it that way either. So many insightful opinions on these boards, it's what makes it fun. :)

21. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Very interesting solojones. If you look at the scene, Dooku tries to taunt him, goad him into becoming more aggressive - it's almost as if you can hear OBW thinking "not this time. I will stay calm and devoted" - to bad his opponent was far superior;)

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hello everyone :D

I feel so tired today [face_tired] i cant even come up with a reply atm I-) ... oh this is gonna be a long day at work :oops: [face_laugh]

23. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    It's a madhouse today, and I gotta pack yet.

*frazzled*

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, well I'm glad people thought it was an interested take on the fight. I think Dark Siders naturally have the advantage of pure rage, although I know from experience that doesn't in itself make a good swordsman. But rage combined with skill can be really daunting. I think Obi-Wan was trying very hard not to give in to any of Dooku's Dark Side taunts, and it distracted him.

-sj loves kevin spacey

25. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    I think it might have distracted him, but at any rate he didn't stand much of a chance against Dooku at that point! I'm more dissapointed with the ROTS duel as it doesn't seem like OBW to get surprised by a sudden force choke; leaving himself so openly vulnerable...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.