main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub v 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Veloz, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Don't get me wrong I would have loved it if Obi-Wan at least had a bigger part in the underwater trilogy or something. I mean they could have easily had him join Anakin, Ahsoka, and Padme during the underwater battle. Keep in mind though that I also stated in my previous post that I was glad that Anakin, Ahsoka, Plo Koon did not dominate the Umbara episodes either.

And to be fair at least Obi-Wan made appearances in the Umbara arc even if his appearances were small. Heck I loved his hologram scene in Plan of Dissent. I mean what if Dave Filoni, the writers, etc decided to use Plo Koon for the hologram scene in Plan of Dissent instead?

With that being said I do disagree with those who claim that Obi-Wan is overused in TCW. And once again I hope there is a future arc where Obi-Wan is the main star.
    Meh [face_talk_hand] to Padme :p but I'm glad Rex is getting some attention/good character development, as he's one of my favorite characters in the show.

However, the way Padme's being portrayed in Season 4 is slightly better than her portrayal was in Season 3 at least in my view.

2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah i dont mind the clone episodes like this lasr arc, i tend to really enjoy those. However, a little bit more Obi-Wan would make me even happier :p. Hopefully he'll be more involved in next year's episodes, and specially the Maul storyline. I'd love to see his reaction to that whole event!

3. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I've been meaning to buy a dvd of Clone Wars season 3.will it be worth it knowing there's a lack of Obiwan.and I am a certified Obiwan fan. It's good Rex and his brothers get needed exposure.they're my favorites too.

4. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    There is a Maul storyline?! I have to see that! Obiwan have better be included there.

5. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I was actually rather pleased with Obi-Wan's role in that episode.

Now, before you guys get the torches and pitchforks, hear me out.

Obi-Wan was clearly faking it the entire time. When that battle droid called in, Obi-Wan suddenly stopped being a ragdoll and smashed the holoprojector with the Zygerrian's face, then went back to being a ragdoll. When the bombs were disabled, Obi-Wan got up, seemingly unharmed, and performed one of the single most incredible displays of Force power in the series to date and decisively ended the battle.

He was clearly playing on the guy's hatred of Jedi to stall for time, to let Anakin and Ahsoka disable the bombs. That is classic Kenobi- he is wise and powerful, and wise enough to know when to keep the latter hidden. He was playing that slaver like an instrument the entire time, then got up, dusted himself off, and kicked backside. Not his fault the guy suddenly unveiled a SECRET ESCAPE TUNNEL OUT OF NOWHERE.

6. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, i gotta say i enjoyed this last episode with Obi-Wan, even if the poor fella was getting a little beat up. Een his hair got messed up! :eek: [face_laugh]

I knew he was faking it :D but yeah, a real shame that scumbag got away, ugh. I hope they get him and rescue the prisoners.

7. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    I noticed that too. [face_laugh] Remember when the TCW animators were not able to move around hair at all? Well it looks like a strand of Obi-Wan's hair was moving around when he was getting beat up, really shows how far the animation has come in this show, especially for a televised CGI cartoon.

I will admit that I was worried that I would not like Kidnapped because in my opinion both Plan of Dissent and especially Carnage of Krell [both are now my all time favorite episodes in the TCW thus far-yes not one but two episodes from the same arc managed to become my most favorite episodes of the show] were so enjoyable. Thus, I was afraid that Kidnapped would be a let down. Thankfully I was proven wrong as the episode was enjoyable and it gave a good amount of attention to our favorite Jedi. :D

With that being said though I did like the Umbara arc overall slightly more than Kidnapped. Personally I would give Kidnapped an 8.5/10, while I would give Darkness of Umbara and The General a 9.5/10 and 9/10 and both Plan of Dissent and Carnage of Krell a 10/10 respectively. On the other hand I have enjoyed Kidnapped more than the other Season Four episodes thus far, including the lukewarm Mon Cala arc. :p

Hopefully we'll get to see Obi-Wan in even more action in the next episode.

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, the animation on the show has come a long way since the movie came out (right before the show started on tv). The entire Krell episodes were fantastic; the clone episodes tend to be of the highest quality and that's been one of the aspects i've enjoyed most of the show. It will make Order 66 a lot more difficult to watch after getting appreciation for them.

What i'm really hoping is that they will include Obi-Wan in the Maul arc next year; i'd love to see what his reaction is to that whole thing.

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ Or "super-padawan" Ahsoka will do what "Obi-Wan could not." [face_whistling] Or, since Filoni loves Plo Koon, Koon accomplishes what "Obi-Wan could not."

So far [face_talk_hand] SO FAR they have not tended to treat Obi-Wan well. My two fav moments are still:

Trespass: "Make it last, Senator, make it last," referring to peace, Season 1.
    LAPR: his goal line stand before "the troops have arrived."

Why no Mandalore trilogy mention - cuz that was not a moment, but many, many moments. My fav arc (for Obi-Wan handling).

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    I know I love the Clone episodes too, although Clone Cadets pacing was a little too slow for me in some places, but, other than that I love the Clone eps.

Sadly enough even after the amazing Krell episodes I still can't take Stormtroopers seriously.

I know, I know, not all Stormtroopers are Clones, but still I just can't take them seriously.

And now here is Obi-Wan's reaction as well as the Obi-Wan fanclub's reaction to the mere thought of Ahsoka or Plo Koon defeating Maul:
    [image=http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/10/25/star-wars-phantom-menace-obi-wan-3d-no.jpg]
    NO!

:p

11. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    That was painful to sit through.

12. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I'd write a very angry letter to Filoni if he did something like that :mad:

[face_laugh]

Darth Gamet: you didnt realize he was faking it the whole time? that made it easier for me, thinking he was under control.

13. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Doesn't make it any less cringe-worthy.

14. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    I would write an angry letter too. :mad::p

Anyways, man, I felt so bad for Obi-Wan during the Slaves of the Republic episode. :(

Good episode though. Its too bad we have to wait until January for the next episode, especially since its the last episode of this particular arc. I know nearly all of CN's shows go on hiatus during December because of holiday specials, but couldn't they have aired the third/last episode of the Slave arc this week and then have TCW go on hiatus until January? :confused:

Plus if they aired Escape from Kadavo this week or something then CN could have promoted the next TCW arc over and over again much like they promoted the Nightsisters Savage Arc over and over again.

And regarding my previous post when I stated that I cannot take Stormtroopers seriously I am of course referring to the OT Stormtroopers, you know the ones that can't shoot straight and were defeated by Ewoks. Yeah those Stormtroopers. :p I'm sure you all knew which Stormtroopers I was referring too, but I wanted to clarify anyways.

I can definitely take the PT and TCW Clone Troopers and I can take the early [before the OT timeline] Stormtroopers seriously though.

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, the Obi-Wan torture in this last one was way worse than the previous episode :oops:. It's an interesting arc though, so i wont complain too much. I do think the episodes get darker as time passes by, which makes sense in terms of the story. I still wish Kenobi wouldnt be the one getting tortured every single time, ugh [face_not_talking] [face_laugh]. But waiting until 2012 for the conclusion is even more torture :(

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Poor man was beat! (Though Rex, Ahsoka and Anakin got a beating, too, remember.) Filoni & Co must be official members of the Obi-Wan Torture club!

17. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Who wants to bet that Dave Filoni secretly writes Obi-Wan hurt/comfort/torture fics and Anakin always comforts him in those secret fics? [face_thinking]

And yes the show is getting darker, which makes sense since its getting closer to Revenge of the Sith, First there was the whole the 501st and the 212th being tricked into killing each other by General Krell, which, in my opinion is the darkest/heaviest moment that TCW has shown so far. Then Slaves of the Republic showed Obi-Wan being electrowhip tortured and humiliated and that one villain (forgot his name) casually dropping Togrutan slaves to their deaths just to prove a point.

Whats even stranger though it was not just TCW that has shown flat out dark stuff in November and December. For example, in the last episode of Thundercats Panthro loses both of his arms in order to trap one of the villains Grune in another dimension. And during the previous episode of Young Justice, it is revealed (without showing it or using certain words) that the episode's villain Harm had murdered his little sister. Why? Because A) He needed to be "pure evil" in order to wield a sword, called the Sword of Beowulf and B) his sister was the only one he ever loved so he killed her so he could use the sword. Yes he murdered his sister because he loved her and to use a sword. It's loosely based on a story from the original YJ comic book, but, the animated version of Harm's story is actually worse than the comic book version because in the comic he was influenced by a demon, but in the animated version he pretty much murdered his little sister on his own accord.

November and early December must have been the [face_devil] period for CN or something.

18. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    *averts eyes from ThunderCats spoilers*

Didn't Henry Gilroy used to visit the JCF? Next time he shows his face here, he and I are gonna have a VERY LONG chat about humiliation of respected and fan-favorite Jedi Masters! :mad: :p

19. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Go get him! we have your back [face_laugh]

20. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, pretty much the only type of SW fanfic I used to read was of the Obi-torture variety(don't give me no romantic junk, give me action and violence! LOL), in one form or another. :D But how about a bit more butt-kicking from Obi-Wan thrown in for good measure? It wasn't so bad in that previous episode where he was clearly letting himself get his butt kicked to stall for time and then got a couple of cool Force moves, but there needs to be balance, not "He has one line for 12 episodes in a row and then shows up to get beat up". :)

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ AND gets "rescued" by Anakin once again.

EXCEPT....

...the rescue didn't go as planned, either.

22. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Awww,Cody and Rex got killed? I can't seem to follow this conversation since TCW 4 is not shown here yet.well,neither is season 3. Cartoon Network-Asia owes me a TCW 3 & 4 marathon.

23. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Rex hasn't been killed in the show. Cody appears in ROTS, so he can't die.

24. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Oh,that's right.Cody was in ROTS.didn't see Rex though.what I like to know is what happened to them after Order 66.Obiwan must have known that the stormtroopers in Mos Eisley Spaceport weren't Kaminoan clones,or he wouldn't have an easy time manipulating the trooper.

25. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Hey, everyone! It's been a while, hasn't it?

Wasn't there supposed to be a Star Wars live action series? What ever happened to that I wonder? It would be cool if Ewan played Obi-Wan again, yeah?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.