main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub v 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Veloz, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I must say, i loved the bit with Dooku in the end. Even Palpatine has to be pissed at how cunning Kenobi can be. He must be such a pain in the butt for the sith lord [face_laugh]

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Guys, it looks like Obi-Wan is in for some rough times with his old buddy Darth Maul. Check out this article and watch the new trailer at the top:
    USA Today article on Darth Maul on the Clone Wars

The good news is it looks to be Obi-Wan centric. There is no sign of Anakin or Ahsoka in the trailer. So naw ibo, if you're lurking out there, it looks like we may be back to the days of having some solid Kenobi action in our Star Wars diet! ;)

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Exciting...Obi gets to face off with the undead-dead! Hopefully he doesn't get "pawned" or rescued (again :rolleyes: ) by Anakin or Force forbid, Ahsoka.

However, Obi-Wan was treated pretty well in the last arc, so maybe...[face_praying]

4. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Fingers crossed and toes crossed. :) Thanks for the update and link Watto! I did quite like the last arc, Obi-Wan was treated well(even if he didn't look like himself:)) and came across as smart and badass, so let's just hope we don't get Ahsoka or Anakin coming in to save the day with Darth Maul.(Still not sure how this works, the guy was CUT in HALF!, he had ceased to be, he was an ex-Sith Lord). But I'm definitely feeling better about it after the last few Obi-centric episodes. It's nice after him being a virtual non-entity for so long.::still crossing fingers and toes:: Because to be honest, that trailer looks freakin' awesome.

(Actually you know what's funny, Sam Witwer is voicing Maul and I've always thought that the Clone Wars version of Anakin looks kind of like an animated version of Sam Witwer:))

5. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I must say, i'm very excited for this Maul arc, since it will involve Obi-Wan (i was scared they would toss him aside). Maul sure looks pissed at him, doesnt he? :p

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    No Obi-Wan, no Jedi, no clones in the last episode - does that mean heavy on the Obi-Wan in later ones?

Right now it's hard to predict what the tie-in is between last night and what's coming, but I suspect:

The unlikely allies might suggest Obi-Wan and Ventress tag-team to take down Ventress? Pure speculation on my part.

7. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    He certainly does. The trailer was really intriguing. and I really liked Yoda's showing concern for Obi-Wan's well-being(I mean the way he said it, it made Obi-Wan sound important and after all the time the Clone Wars has spent pretty much downplaying Obi-Wan's importance, to me anyway, I like any opportunity for him to sound important--like what Dooku said in the last episode of the recent arc, about Obi-Wan being a worthy opponent).

Re: unlikely allies--I hadn't noticed that hint, I missed it but did you mean Obi-Wan and Ventress might team up against Maul? It's possible I guess, I could definitely see how that could happen, the enemy of my enemy and all that, I just hope Obi-Wan's the one to take him out. I mean come on, Obi-Wan took Maul out when he was a padawan, he's much better now.

8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Me bad, I did mean that and it's too late to edit. But don't you know that "common wisdom" is that Obi-Wan's skills decreased from TPM - he was supposedly "pawned" by Dooku in AOTC and ROTS so what chance does he have against an outraged Maul?

You know, he's a Jedi that needs his padawan to rescue him over and over and over because he's so incapable? :mad:

Okay, okay, ranting over for the day.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I agree with you guys that its most likely Assaj who allies with Obi-Wan against Maul but what if it was Dooku who had to team up with Kenobi? It seems unlikely and Maul would be way overpowered, but it would be an interesting pairing...

P.S. Naw, I sent you a quick PM...

10. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    :eek: Obi-Wan and Dooku allied? That would be so awesome! [face_love] Though, it seems highly unlikely considering the complete lack of trust Obi-Wan evidenced in AotC.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah, I was thinking it would be unlikely DD, but it would be interesting considering their history, and having Qui-Gon in common.

12. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    You know I forgot to mention a little thing that I liked during I think the second episode of Obi-Wan's recent arc--when Anakin and Ahsoka were trying to stop the escaping "bounty hunters" and the ship crashed, I really liked that Obi-Wan's first thought was seemingly Anakin's well-being, he only said his name but he sounded quite concerned. And that's saying something for me, because, well I don't really like Anakin very much. :)(Like him better in the cartoon series than the films though).

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I liked that too naw... it was a deeper character moment on the show. When he gets him in the choke hold it was almost like a really rough hug :p and he says, "Anakin... don't follow me..." along with the Force theme (his theme) with the shots of their eyes, it was a real connection I thought between them.

Speaking of that arc, I found a nice clip on the official site, its mostly the voice actor talking about his work for the Obi-Wan arc, and showing them do the voices as an ensemble. I think that helps a lot with the energy on the show to have them all in there together:
    Official Site Deception Arc Commentary

14. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Awesome video of JAT. Also loved the brief bit of Corey Burton. :D

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I was thinking that; it would be very interesting if it happened that way, i'm not against it. I imagine it would be tough for her at first though [face_laugh]

16. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Can we just say that JAT is made of awesome? :D

17. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Since Maul killed QuiGon,I'm pretty sure Anakin will want to get into the action.but Maul's full focus would be on Obiwan.
    Hey,I've got an android tablet unit,so I'm back in the game full blast.

18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Well sounds like Obi has his hands full next week!

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Savage and Maul, now reunited, pursue Obi-Wan Kenobi in search of revenge, and the Jedi Knight finds himself forced to unite with a surprising ally to defend against the deadly siblings

[image=http://www.theforce.net/2012/tcws4ep22pic2.jpg]
    [image=http://starwars.com/img/explore/the-clone-wars/slideshow/ep422/preview/preview01.jpg]

Is he taking Obi's lightsaber!?
    [image=http://starwars.com/img/explore/the-clone-wars/slideshow/ep422/preview/preview03.jpg]

Sounds to me like it's definitely Ventress that's going to team up with Obi-Wan though.

19. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Nice. :D

I just had a random thought: Remembered how Obi-Wan was getting his @$$ kicked in the Slaves of the Republic arc? I don't think I would've minded as much if JAT was temporarily replaced with Simon Pegg in that arc. :p

20. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Video on the Official Site where Obi-Wan meets Maul again.

I wonder if Obi will make any "half" jokes. :p

"I half expected you to look better than that."

"Were the spider legs Half Off?"

"Let me guess, you and Savage are half brothers?"

21. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    OK that's funny! He SO should.

I'm cautiously optimistic, in the coming attractions for next week's episode after Friday's episode, Obi-Wan did seem to be getting his butt kicked, but going against two guys, one of whom is supposed to be dead, seems like a reasonable excuse for a bit of difficulty(so long as Ahsoka or Anakin doesn't come in take care of both of them on his or her own).

22. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Ventress would make a great unexpected ally.but what would be her reason for teaming up with Obiwan? Anakin certainly has 2 reasons.QuiGon's death at the hands (or lightsaber)of Maul;and his deep friendship with Obiwan.;)

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ventress has a vested interest in getting rid of Savage since she helped bring him into the universe, and by that token Maul as well. She is turning over a new leaf and I think she is looking for some good karma. Plus, she has good chemistry with Obi-Wan every time they share screen time... let the battle of quips and flirting begin! ;)

Food for thought for you guys... even if Obi-Wan didn't end up killing Maul for good, and even if he doesn't kill him for good on the Clone Wars, wasn't the point that he defeated Maul on Naboo? What he needed to do was defeat Maul so he could survive and keep the Naboo safe. Obi-Wan really hasn't been known as a killer, especially being the greatest example of a Jedi Knight ever! His whole raison d'etre is bridging the gap between foes by practicing diplomacy and restraint. Yes, it may have been better for the galaxy if he had killed Maul for good, but who knows the will of the Force? I'm just saying killer does not need to be on Obi-Wan's "wall of fame"... [face_peace]

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Of course you're right but the concern is that Obi-Wan's defeat of Maul is going to be diminished by many because ___________ was able to do what Obi-Wan could not.

Since it's been confirmed Maul has a role to play in Season 5, obviously _____ does not kill Maul in the season four finale.

The fear has been that Anakin or Ahsoka would swoop in, save Obi-Wan single-handedly and do so with ease, proving once again that Obi-Wan was merely lucky in TPM and gets pawned by every Sith he encounters, hence proving he isn't all that great a Jedi.

Do note, my use of _____ is merely referring to an unknown variable.

25. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Maul coming back doesn't diminish Obi-Wan's awesomeness to me.

And besides, I think that Ventress, Grievous, or Dooku (not another Jedi) will eventually kill Maul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.