main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanclub v 3.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Veloz, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I have to agree with Veloz and Naw Ibo that it probably will be Ventress who will team up with Obi-Wan. It would be so nice to see them working together.

Ventress: You are so adorable my darling General Kenobi.

Obi-Wan: No time for sweet talk. Battling half a Sith Lord that I thought was dead and his expy brother here.

Ventress: [face_love]

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Anyone want to roll up their sleeves and give a reality check over in the Prequel thread?

It's - guess - all Obi-Wan's fault again. He failed Anakin.

Cover my back, will you (but be nice - I'm starting to froth at the mouth and that tends to get one ignored, so if you're nicer, you might make some headway).

3. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I'm having visions of you frothing in the mouth,Val,and it isn't pretty.[face_laugh] well,Obiwan has been time and again warning Anakin about Palpatine.and that sneaky Sith has designs on Anakin eversince,Obiwan is just a barrier in his way.so,Palps must have tried different ways to get rid of Obiwan,but the Force loves Obi so much. So sneaky Palps decided to turn Anakin against Obiwan,in effect destroying the most beautiful friendship in the annals of literature.in short,it's Palpatine's fault Anakin fell.not Obiwan?Palpatine!
    someone's bound to fill in your blanks,and I hope it will be Asajj Ventress,c
    oming to Obiwan's rescue.

4. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm not the only one standing in the midst of the carnage - er, that is to say, there are others who are being quite reasonable. I was being forced to pure "defense" or in other words to an extreme to combat an extreme - but the truth lies in between the extremes, truthfully.

Oh, dear, all that frothing has turned my mind to mush..

Anyone looking forward to Obi-Wan vs. Maul in tomorrow's episode? Maul taunts Obi-Wan with Qui-Gon's death. We're supposed to end with a cliff-hanger but I have no idea who or what is hanging from what cliff.

Just hope its far better than last week's Brothers. Boy, that was bad on so many levels.

5. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I'm really looking forward to Obi-Wan's "Duel of the Fates" Round II tomorrow.

I saw that vid where Maul was taunting Obi about Qui-Gon. Dang, Maul! You're a meanie! :p

6. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm only watching tomorrow's show because Obi-Wan is in it. Still miffed about the retcon of Maul's death though. Some things I have to separate and pretend never happened in the actual SW universe, that do in fact happen on this show, just to remain sane. LOL

7. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    The CW finale was awesome, despite the fact that Obi took quite a beating at first.

I loved his lines: "I like your legs! They make you look taller", and "When I cut you in half, I should've aimed for your head!"

8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ^^ :eek: Spoilers! No spoiling! It's not on for another hour here (8pm PDT).

9. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    There much better:p

10. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    Ah crap. :oops: I should've known better. Sorry!

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Too bad Obi-Wan only did half a job on Maul. [face_laugh] I see he was outfought once again, though 2 on 1 when each is fueled by Talzin jet fuel makes it a bit more palatable.

12. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Gosh,I envy you guys! you'll get to watch another epic battle.I emailed Cartoon Network about TCW4,asking them when will it be shown here in Manila.their reply wasn't very reassuring(but at least they replied).I guess I have to wait for the dvd in a few months time.I shall be patient,knowing the outcome will be worth waiting.

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, one must say the second half of the season had a lot of Obi-Wan in it - although in his arc he was disguised as someone else practically the whole time and he's had his a$$ handed to him practically every time he's engaged someone.

It's not been the best of seasons for him, and it's just added to the "Obi-Wan is nothing special" and worse, "less than" average trash talk.

14. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Obiwan is the greatest of all the Jedi,the Chosen One said so. If Palpatine didn't butt Obiwan and Anakin would be brothers till death.

15. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I enjoyed the finale even if Obi-Wan did end up taking a beating *again*. It seems season 4's main theme was let's-beat-up-Kenobi-as-much-as-we-can [face_laugh] [face_frustrated]:oops: , but let's hope that isnt the case next season.

I loved Obi's funny lines while dueling Maul, not to mention towards Ventress :p. I'm quite intrigued by where things will go next season, especially regarding Ventress. I wonder if Obi will take her to the jedi Temple with him... can u imagine the reactions!? :eek:. I know Anakin would most likely flip.

16. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    If there's anyone who can straighten out Ventress,it's Obiwan.by the way,I found a cute action figure of Asajj Ventress when I was looking for one of Obiwan.couldn't find one of Obiwan,so I got Ventress.even if I did find one of Obi,I would still get Ventress. s the she has gotten to be a favorite character of mine since the first microseries.she looks a lot better in this present series though.

17. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    At least they didn't beat us over the head (lol) with it like in the Slaves of the Republic arc. :oops:

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This was just establishing Maul as a threat so that Obi can kick his butt in Season 5! [face_praying]

Obi-sajj FTW! [face_dancing]

19. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Well Revenge certainly turned out better than I thought. My only criticism is the whole "How is Maul still alive" was not really explained enough outside the whole "his hatred kept him alive" deal.

And this may sound like a Captain Obvious statement but man Maul was flat out cruel in that episode.

I did feel bad for Obi-Wan this whole season as reasons already explained though.

Yup Revenge turned out better than I thought. I'll admit that I was a little apprehensive about this episode because Brothers actually turned out to be my least favorite episode of Season 4.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998

[face_batting] [face_love]

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Last post of mine before "The Move"? #6262 in the Obi-thread! [face_dancing]

Brothers was pretty bad, but less horrible than my first impression. But I am not happy with the dumbing down of the Jedi in general and Obi-Wan in particular.

He's a JEDI MASTER fighting what was a broken, bisected man who'd gone insane, had uncoordinated spider legs, no training and poor nutrition - and the [face_devil] Side gave him strength enough to whup our boy.

I'm also a bit sad that it seems the Obsession arc in the comics is non-canon now. I loved how Obi-Wan kept trying to redeem Ventress even after she tortured him.

Now they merely flirt - which I do enjoy, by the way, but I liked the theme of Obi-Wan trying to pull her back from the dark.

22. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I hope so. There is nothing I hate worse then Obi-Wan getting the cr@p kicked out of him in Round 1 and then letting someone else get "the win" in Round 2.

ETA so the move is starting huh? I have been double and triple checking my email address for MONTHS now just because I'm paranoid, I hope it all goes well.

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, i guess that's true lol

Unless they make Anakin duel Maul in the end :por god forbid, Ahsoka :oops:

24. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_sick]:oops: I honestly hope that scenario does not happen.

Obi and Ventress should team up again. That.Is.All.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.