main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA The Official "Oo_la_la" Countdown Thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    PM is a private message, but a fairly recent rule on the boards is that you must have 20 posts before you can PM someone. She's passed 20 posts so now she has that capability. You did nothing wrong. No worries :)

EDIT: past=/=passed 8-}

2. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Ok, so does that mean that I did nothing wrong because of my ignorance but now I am subjected to the rule?

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I think you can reply to a PM sent by someone else, but not actually send one on your own steam...

4. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Oh! Ok. where is this rule posted? I didn't see it when I joined/signed up?

5. JediCloneCT

JediCloneCT Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    Awesome picture, Jarus! =D=

6. JediCloneCT

JediCloneCT Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    ... and this is my 20th post. :cool:

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Congrats Chris!

It's not really a rule. It's more of something that is built into the boards. Until your username has ticked off it's 20th post, your account will not allow you to send a PM. It's much like OPPM (One Post Per Minute), it's not written out as a rule because the make up of these boards prevents you from being able to break it.

Anyway, the boards will be moving to a new system soon and I am not sure if the 20 posts to PM feature will still be there. It's a feature that the admins don't like as it forces people new to the boards to create threads with their questions since they can't just PM someone and ask. That feature was added to the system about a month and a half ago and they've been trying to figure out how to remove it since then. Hopefully the move will solve the problem.

*realizes that many of you are probably unaware that the boards will be switching servers.*

For answers to frequently asked questions about why the boards are moving and how it will happen, please click here and read the thread it takes you to.

The transition should go smoothly and they are going to try and move every user and post over accurately, so there really is nothing to worry about.

8. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Oh, ok. Thanks again for straightening me out.

9. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Since you mentioned it, I would like directions for the 2/26 meeting. I don't know if I can make it, but I will try. If I don't have directions, I can't even think about it.

Thanks!

10. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Did you not receive the PM I sent you with directions to the last meeting? Check your PMs and then post in the "Next Meeting" thread. Just FYI, our meetings usually go really long. I think the longest meeting went for 13 hours...and this starts at noon.

11. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Oh, no your great. I got the directions and they should be fine. I posted my question here, then realized that I posted in the wrong place, so I went to the meeting thread and asked there. Sorry about that.

12. Zeva_Mirabel_Ignatia

Zeva_Mirabel_Ignatia Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    [face_dancing]

GUESS WHAT???

They fixed the 20 posts to PM rule :)

That or by some glitch I was just able to send a PM with only 9 posts to me name :)

[face_dancing]

13. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Yep, I was wondering what this 20 post rule was. The first thing I did when I created here was to send a PM. Still, good job on the grind to 20 posts! :)

14. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I'll have to go find out when they fixed it, because at the beginning of the month my socks with less than 20 posts were still unable to send PMs. I am really glad that it is fixed :)

Are you coming to today's meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.