1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Orlando, FL The Official Orlando System AOTC Screening Thread

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by Cigam Retah, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Well folks, It's less than two and a half months away, and if we're going to do it right, we're going to plan ahead.

From my understanding, we have decided to see the film at Downtown Disney's AMC Theater, due to it's Digital Projector. This raises several questions, which me must debate endlessly until mid May, such as:

- Will we need to do the 'line' thing to get tickets?

- Who all will be in attendance?

- Will we go in costume?

- Are we allowed to go in costume?

- Should we eat beforehand? Afterhand? Midhand?

- Should we spend the day at one of the Disney (Or even Universal) Theme parks?

- Should we ride the monorail, constantly asking the driver to take us to 'The Jedi Temple, and don't spare the hyperdrive?'

- Should we tell the beer vendors that they don't need to see our identification?

This is it kids. Let's get cracking.
  2. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    i will only go to places that allows costume
  3. LoboStele Jedi Knight

Hmmm...I'm there...costumes...opening night...standing in line...food at regular eating times (or even between regular eating times) is probably a must...theme parks might be fun...I always wanted the old lego monorail but I don't think it came with a Jedi Temple either...beer vendors? nah, don't drink anyway but it might be fun to see if it would work...

Lobo-out
  4. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lumwyrm posted about his success in arranging something with the Cineplex at Universal:

http://pub7.ezboard.com/f501stfloridagarrison.showMessage?topicID=338.topic

Sounds like a plan! No reason we can't do the AMC as well, though!

At megacon, I think it was DeanO who said he knows someone at the AMC and might be able to help organize something. I hope he turns up.

5. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just something from my experience. Went to see LOTR at the midnight show at the opening at the AMC. The atmosphere was great. But keep in mind that the AMC is one of those theaters that now have internet sales. I bought my tickets online...and only waited in line to get into the theater, but not to get tickets. That way getting in is guaranteed.
  6. DarkSithKnight Jedi Padawan

I agree with the whole online thing. Whatever the more experienced posters come up with is fine by me.
  7. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great call Rogue!!!! I am down for that. Then all we have to do is laugh at Stormtroopers trying to sit in the theater seats!!!
  8. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    how about two theaters in the same day????
    i have to find some way to rotate costumes

ia-bou
  9. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
  10. LoboStele Jedi Knight

Hey, that would solve our food problem too. We just make our food! As long as we can park it right on the sidewalk where we are waiting in line...
  11. LoboStele Jedi Knight

Hey, that would solve our food problem too. We just make our food! As long as we can park it right on the sidewalk where we are waiting in line...

oops, posted it twice for some dumb reason....stupid computers....
  12. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool ideas! Although I don't think I'll have to worry about the beer vendors. My mom said that if I don't miss too many more days of school then my chances of going are like 99%. lol.

She also said that making a handmaiden costum wouldn't really be a problem. As long as I help.

*bounce bounce*

Only thing is I'll have to make my blind cane into some sort of prop.

Any ideas?
  13. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    You could go as the Emperor!
  14. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    I understand the theater at Universal City Walk has requested those of us that costume to be at the opening showing and they are paying for lunch for all of us and, I believe, tickets also. That's the plan from the 501st side at the moment.
  15. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Really? free food??

I think we have a winner ... (for me anyways)
  16. Lumwyrm Jedi Knight

star 1
    As for Universal, if you're intrested drop me an email at Tequilawyrm@hotmail.com

Universal contacted the Rebel Legion and 501st about this. Lunch/sodas/popcorn are free. The tickets might be, regardless we won't have to stand in line to see it.

So from that stand point I'm going to be pretty anal about people non-members of the groups getting the benifits from this deal. Thats not saying the invite isn't open to you, but we really need to see costumes before 25 people in bathrobes show up saying they want a free meal.

At this point, the reputations of the 501st and the Rebel Legion are on the line. If you want to be involved and you aren't a member, please drop me a pic of you in your costume.

You do have to contact me before the opening. If you show up there in costume without prior notice and expect something for free, the only freebie will be kicks to the head.
  17. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    I understand the idea of bathrobes, and I do know of your personal distain for Jedi, but how do they feel about people in good Jedi Costumes attending?

You know, seeing that Jedi Knights are IN the movie and all...*cough cough*
  18. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Em is a handmaaiden costum ok? My mum and I can start making it the weekend after the meeting. That'll be my wee project for a while. Especially on days when I'm home sick. I get really bored.

How early in advance will you need the pic?
  19. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Good Jedi costumes will be fine Jeff. :) They just have to be willing to be shot. ;)
  20. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    *Stormtroopers come to bear*

"Gack! Why won't this lightsaber turn on?"

*Blasted to bits*
  21. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    actually the rv might be kinda cool!!!
  22. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whoever shows up at this months meeting lets make a tactical plan for the screening it'll give everyone a chance to get it together before the big day arrives.
    Buzz
  23. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okitay. You know what Ia the RV does sound cool. My mom or dad whoever may take me will probably drive up that morning.

I get up at 5am every morning anyways.
  24. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

A bunch of my friends and I have started a little tradition, being that we did it for the ticket presale for TPM! We go out and party at Pleasure Island the night before tickets go on sale at the AMC. That way we are already out there and can just stumble our way to set up outside. One of my friends already spoke last month with a manager at AMC and as far as he knew, they were going to allow us ot start camping out early that late night/early morning for ticket sales. Let me know guys! The more the merrier!

Todd
  25. Darth_Ugabuga Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey guys a few of my buddies and I are dressing up and want to join all of you for the event. We are coming from the Tampa Area and want to start planning things out. What theater are you guys leaning to? When should we head over for presale of the tickets? Also any other info that you guys would be appreciated thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.