main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL The Official Orlando System AOTC Screening Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cigam Retah, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I am also from Tampa and am willing to make the trek to see it DLP.

--Joey

Edit: Ubganga, I believe it is leaning in favor of AMC at Downtown Disney.

2. Darth_Ugabuga

Darth_Ugabuga Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    ok the Disney downtown theater it is! Question when is everyone meeting up to wait for presale tickets? Trying to plan this out as I am coming up dressed with a few friends. Has there been a date set yet?

3. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    You can buy the tickets online apparently. When the date draws closer let us know how to buy them.

Also is anyone going to be giving reports back to us? I would like to get there around 3 or 4 in the afternoon if it is empty. Of course, if people are there early I will be too :)

--Joey

4. Darth_Ugabuga

Darth_Ugabuga Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    Well i am getting dressed up along with friends so not sure when or if everyone going to wait for tickets in advance or just dressing up for the premiere

5. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    There are a couple of sweet deals in the works. As soon as the details are available they we be posted.
    Buzz

6. HRH-Dior-Daala

HRH-Dior-Daala Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    hi
    please announce the sweet deals soon
    i need to start looking for gowns
    maybe it could be

leia's chic red bespin suit
    padme's classic black dress with beaded wrap
    padme's summer white gown on tatatoonie
    adimala's theed throne gown(jackie o.influence)
    padme's new purple gown
    or the ever seen lady sith witch
    or the george lucas birth-control plaid lumber jack shirt
    or the general daala herself
    maybe a happy stock-holder who invested in industrial light magic
    dior

7. sith_lord1111

sith_lord1111 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Does anyone know of a group discussing lines for Gainesville? Do you guys recommend that I make the trip to Orlando instead? If so, which theater.

8. JangoFett29

JangoFett29 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Definitely make the trip up to Orlando! As of now, plans look like they are leaning towards Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney. They have DLP and the atmosphere at Disney is unmatched, next to that of course of the bigger cities like NY, Chicago, etc. The more the merrier...come on up and join the fun!!

Todd

9. AdlinSkymeck

AdlinSkymeck Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I would love to be a part of this. I am going to be getting a Darth Maul outfit. I am not a member but I am a Die hard Star Wars fan. Please contact me and let me know.
    AdlinSkymeck@aol.com

10. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Buzz and I have been formulating a plan to have two screenings. One, the Universal Costume Premier at 12:01, and the other the Disney Digital Experience that night.

More details to come.

11. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Wait, isn't the Universal dealie on Thursday morning (not 12:01, but 10AM or whatever)? Ken said they're feeding us lunch after the screening, ya see.

Hence my hopes to hit AMC at 12:01 and then Universal after a few hours nappy time.

Ken, clear this up!

12. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Universal wants us every chance they can get us. Free drinks and popcorn are on for every night. Obviously the Wed night (one minute after midnight) showing won't come with lunch. But we still won't have to stand in line for tickets, just walk around and be seen.

Now to reiterate this offer was given out the Rebel Legion and the 501st.
    If you are intersted, email me at Tequilawyrm@hotmail.com
    In the email include which days you can attend, costumes you'll be wearing, your full name and links to or pictures of your costume.

13. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    So when will we know if the AMC 24 at DD 12:01 showing will be digital?

They will definitely (almost ;)) have it in DLP the only question is, will that be the premiere?

--Joey

14. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey count me in! I won't be wearing any costume- but definately have been planning on seeing AOTC at Pleasure Island since I learned they had a digital projector a year ago.

15. jedibountyhunter

jedibountyhunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Well, I want to join you guys. I will be wearing my Spiderman costume with a yellow lightsaber in my belt!

Just kidding...

:)

16. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Hmmm... Spidey as a Jedi... For Lumwyrm's sake I'm not going to get into it... I know how much he loves my crossovers.

Anyway, I'll be attending the costume premiere (in costume of course), but I would absolutely LOVE to attend the digital show at PI as well.

17. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    How about this. Premiere Tuesday night/Wednesday EARLY morning at Pleasure Island 24, Digital Cinema, and Wednesday at about 10:00 in the morning for Universal. I most definetely won't be going to the midnight screening (why? I never go to midnight screenings, not even for LOTR, so no chance for the midnight screening. Probably for Episode III and the ROTK though...) and Universal would be better for in the morning, as it would be in a more relaxed setting, but if it's Pleasure Island that's fine with me too.

I don't mean to Force (pun intended) this on all of you, just a suggestion. The other way around is fine too. You guys decide it and I'll meet you there.

The Ghoest- Who is now going to work on his profile...

The Ghoest

18. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Sorry Ghoest, but we've pretty much got things different than the way you've planed. (This is what happens when you miss meetings!)

Anyway, Star Wars: AOTC comes out the 16th (Which is a Thursday), so we have the Universal Midnight showing, and later the Disney Evening showing.

19. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Well, that's completely ok with me, I just though I was articulating what everybody was throwing around.

Actually, on second thought, that's better with me.

The Ghoest-

20. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Cigam,

How much money should I have in hand and who do I give it to and where/when do I show up?

(I know, I missed the meeting as well)

Sandy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.