main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD The *Official* People Need To Chill Out Thread (including me)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Sep 22, 2011.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't know what it is, but it's kind of awesome.

2. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I'd watch the heck out of a show about whatever is going on in that picture. Technicolor Rainbow Santa?

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    [face_hypnotized].....Looks like something they could add to upcoming 3PO-episodes.....

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Reminds me of that old platform game: Jazz Jackrabbit. At some point, you'll play an Alice in Wonderland level, and when you jump through the smoke from the caterpillar's hookah, the whole screen will go trippy like that... (complete with Didgeridoo of Doom sound effect) [face_laugh]

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    To quote something I found on youtube, I'm not on enough drugs to watch that clip. [face_laugh]

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    For me, the clone wars movie and season one sucked the big head. In fact, Batman Barve and the Bold and Ben 10 were way better shows. The movie failed to produce the numbers that it should have produced, and season 1 story were so comical, I think only one episode was worth it and that was Rookies. Most of the rest was pure garbage. In fact, the first 13 episodes of season 1 of Ben 10 Alien Force just rippeed this series in animation and story. Man of Action delivered.

Season 2 was way better, much more action and intrigue, and we finally started to get away from too much Grevious. Cade Bane took it to the Jedi, Geonoisis arc was good, even the episodes with the big lizard was damn good. I also like the Death Watch and the Black saber. Real cool stuff. I felt that this season was strong and showed promise.

SEason 3 had very good animation and you can see the improvements made. This season was half and half but the bad half was still good beucase we needed to see some political episodes. I mean, this is part of the clone wars, and its something that they had to cover. The Republic didn't just fall over night becuase of the jedi, there were many things in motion that assisted in the downfall. The second half was just plain awesome. From the Withces arc to Mortis to the Citadel and the last two Chewie episodes. Those 11 episodes were awesome, but once again, when you listen to Filoni, a lot had to be cut off from them, like the Trandos being bale to camaflouge itself with the enviorment.

This is what sometimes gets me with star wars, we try to tell too big a story and then the stuff that gets cut is usually the stuff thats good. The stuff thats left is not that great. A good example is the ROTS Yoda vs Sidious animatic. That was how the battle should have been, not the watered down version that sucked royally. Same thing with the Grevious Utapau chase scene doen by Spielberg. If that was actually filmed, that would have been awesome. Really awesome, instead, once again the watered down version.

SEason 4 hasn't been bad, the animation has been improved, the story is well really the same, just a ting of action, and you noticed that both Anakin and Grevious lose in this episode. Once again we are reminded why too many extra stoies that deviate from a movie series are not that good. Too many differences and inconsistncies. Sometimes, maybe star wars should have just stopped at the 6 movies and move on. No re-hash and extra tv, books, comic books, or video games etc.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Strongly disagree with you there. If that monstrosity of a preposterous endless chase sequence had been in Ep3, it would be a much weaker film for it. It seems Spielberg just got carried away playing with GL's toys. Whoever made the decision to scrap all that deserves an Oscar.

8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I can't imagine it even being intended as a complete sequence to be inserted whole. It seems more like an experiment where, at best, some key ideas could later be mined for the sequence proper.

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I second Gry's opinion. The Utapau sequence was nice and well done, not too much but sufficient.