main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic ~~~ THE OFFICIAL PET PEEVE'S THREAD~~~

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Damn I hear an echo :p Forgiven for spamming you mean?

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Usually Rani's okay, but I don't know what's up there ... ?[face_plain]

3. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    lol, rani has a point, but doesnt at the same time... i mean, i can see how she can get defensive... but at the same time... we were trying to keep the thread going... and, in my opinion the remark that she made about us having more posters so we can post more is COMPLETELY BUNK!!! i mean, it isnt quantity, it is quality... lol, in other words it isnt just by sheer numbers that a thread strives on, it is the ammount of posting that is done im sure that if this thread had half as many people as the BCG it would still thrive... why? because we are a friendly people, and we like to post.

4. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi guys

Just wanted to interject for a sec.

Posting in other forums is 100% acceptable as far as I'm concern; As long as you don't get offensive to the residents of that forum.

Posting a "hello" was acceptable, but calling out their "faults" was not (leave that to Mike and myself). You offended them, unintentionally.

You also can't SPAM other forums. Threads titled "I have shoes" is not going to go over well by the residents of the forum and more so with Mike and I.
    Make sure you are posting with a specific reason and don't go off topic. Make sure it is one that the residents will deem acceptable.

Just to give you the flip side of the coin...did they over react...YES.

Retaliating will never win you any friends. It was done with a tongue in check manor but it got everyone back up even further. I think the situation could have been handled with a lot more pleasantly.

(My trip out west should be interesting.)

5. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Threads titled "I have shoes" is not going to go over well by the residents of the forum and more so with Mike and I.

Ooops. Too late.

6. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Chris, you're putting ideas into Adam's head. :p And that's not a good thing. Atty, stop thinking!

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I saw it...and removed it.

Don't push a guy with a ban button ;)

8. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I didn't even notice it was gone. :p

9. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i locked it after i made it. it would've dissappeared by itself. but its all good.

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I think you're being watched Atty. ;)

11. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i know i'm being watched. :p

12. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    But I meant even more so now. :p

Poor Atty.

Here, have a cookie.

13. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Oh, probably. i can practically taste my next banning. :p

*eats cookie*

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    My pet peeve: it being so difficult to find my internet jack! It took five people an hour to find it. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

15. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    COMPLETELY FORGETTING WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY!!!!... lol, i was going to tell about a peeve that i had... but now, i cant seem to remember it... i guess thats what happens when you cant just come to the boards when you think of it... oh well, eh?

16. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Not a pet peeve, just a recounting of a horrible day. ad things that've happened so far:
    -found out i still had a tag on my pants last class this afternoon.
    -had two walk home from school with two of people that i cant stand.
    -even on the boards two people removed me from their WUL's.
    -i was supposed to go with my friends in to sydney, but i fell asleep aanf forgot about it.

*sigh*

17. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    WOW adam... what a crappy day...

18. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    i was just testing out markups... no message

bold
    italics
    RED WINGS RULE
    my profile

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    My pet peeve: Getting kicked out of two different locations while fundraising for cystic fibrosis research. They told us they'd checked with them!

20. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    That sucks.

21. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    My pet peeves... well. I have a few. Visiting another Canadian forum to find my CR getting bashed, and one of my RSA's doing it... I'd count that in among them.

I hope you ACGers never wander around and find your RSA trashing someone you know behind her back, especially when there is supposed to be a measure of trust between CRs and RSAs.

Obviously some of you are still harbouring hard feelings over this, and that's unfortunate, but when the guy in a position of authority encourages strife between the chapters under his authority, well, that's a whole nother barrel of pickles, isn't it?

*Derisa*

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    That's been over for some time now ...

23. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I think that I already thrashed them in the BCG thread then I said that AC does not have a constructive forum Derisa. I was very angry when I made those comments and for that I am sorry Tara and Tammy. I am sorry
    Rani, Alex, and Derisa that I did not act soon enough and lock that BCG thread. With that being said I still want to see some more constructive threads here on this forum and not for who just posted their 5000th message. Save that for a social thread and keep it in there. I do not see the need in opening a new thread. Please try and understand what it is that I am saying to you all. I hate to see all this friction going on around the country but I cannot brainwash people into respecting each other. That is up to each and everyone of us to try
    and make this a happy place. We need to remember what it was that brought us all together in the first place.

Comments....

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    For the record, we've long since given up on the x number of posts thread. Those died out shortly after their heyday everywhere.

Do we give the impression of still harboring hard feelings? I certainly hope not, since that isn't the case at all. :)

My current pet peeve is illogically ordered physics problems! :mad:

25. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Current peeve's:
    homework in general.

my lethargic ability not to write a story.

money, or lack therof.

books i want to read but can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.