main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The ***Official*** PFF IMAX Event Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    friday night sounds good to me too

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
  3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    While I also agree Friday Night is best, maybe we shouldn't jump the gun until we know ahead of time the schedule. If LFL wants to do something big for the IMAX release then maybe they (IMAX) might do something special for us. IHMO.

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll check with Josh and see what more info I can get. But we need to be checking with the theater/getting confirmation that it's going to be at AZ Mills.

Without that, we're kinda DIW.

(dead in the water)

5. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Ummmm...Hasn't anyone tried calling AZ Mills IMAX and asking them?

I have. :)

Yes, AZ Mills will be showing AOTC on November 1st. They are currently unclear on showtimes or pricing at this early stage, but I have left a message with the theater operations manager, and hope to talk to him about it all soon.

Here's his contact info for you all:
    Pedro Bugos (Bew-gus) - Theater Operations Manager
    480-897-1453 x214

Hope that helps.

6. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    You are too :cool: Kevin.

7. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    thanks kevin, i was going to do that when i got home from work today...!

and i was also going to suggest a friday night time as well, since most of us have school/work and such, and the night before being haloween and all...

when we get some times set in stone, we can see about how early we all want to be there, and as we will be there during normal business hours, we don't need special permits or anything like last time!

i'm a little dubious about how big this event will actually be, seeing as the movie has already been relesed.
    i know its a big deal to us SW freaks, but i'm sure the media isn't going to bat an eye for about 50 people in costume waiting in line for a few hours.

this isn't going to be anywhere near the big line-up, i say we only need to be there a fwe hours previous to showtime. pretty much a first come, first served basis on line placement too...

we can probably work something out with IMAX for the 501st and anyone else if they need a changing room, and maybe a place to put some cold beverages, but like i said the most your goign to need to bring is maybe a folding chair.

we can get more details down when we have some showtimes, but for now, thats all i have...

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Kevin, you are da man. :D Hands down.

OK, so we are a go. No questions asked. [face_love] This is going to be great!!!!

9. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *bows to the wisdom that is Kevin*

Kevin may not be able to aim a blaster, but he can certainly get the answers! :cool:

10. aztrooper0013

Jan 27, 2002
    You're mistaking me with one of those "Death Star" Stormtroopers. I'm a Sandtrooper.

We know how to aim, and we don't die. Plus, we know when to evade the random shots of a drug smuggler. :p

11. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    'Course you also move on to the next door when one is locked...

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    OK, let's keep this on track. [face_plain] ;)

Do you think that we could arrange for some type of charity event with this? A toy giveaway, or gift basket, or something??? I'd love to hear your ideas!

13. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey, all! After a huge absence, I have returned! *Ignores all groans of dismay* I would love to see AOTC in the Imax with everyone! Finally, a chance to meet you guys. Maybe this time, my plans won't fall through.

Hope to see ya there!! :)

14. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Be great to finally have you out with the group Kenobisgirl

15. aztrooper0013

Jan 27, 2002
    Well, I think either a Toy Donation Bin or a Food Donation bin would be a good thing to do.

16. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Darth Moridin!!

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Kevin:

How about we do a giveaway/raffle with canned food donations?

Say for each can that a person gives on the way into the theater, they get one ticket. Then at the end of the movie, while the credits roll, we pull the winning ticket out of a bucket and give it to them. ?[face_plain]

It would be very simple, and easy. We could even canvas some of the mall shops and stuff and see if their managers would donate stuff like coupons, gift certificates, and possibly other stuff? I'm sure I could donate an extra figure (duplicate, of course ;) ) and that other stuff could come available.

What do you think?

18. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    we'd have to obtain permission form the mall management to give anything away, or pass out flyers.
    solicitation laws...hmph
    it shouldn't be a prob to get the ok to bring out the backdrop and let us pass out flyers/prizes, but as for asking mall merchants for stuff, well, lets just say that we weren't very sucsessful in getting support the last time around.
    about all we got was some toys from KB, which had to be returned, and some games from electonics boutique, also which had to go back.
    we did get some beer coupons, but i'm not sure we want to pass those out as a lucasfilm sanctioned event ;)

i think whatever we give out should be whatever we are given by LFL; small ticket mass-produced items, such as patches if we go that way...
    possibly a t-shirt or action figure for raffles?
    maybe even (this is up to you OW) a VIPship raffle for fanforce members who donate food and such?

19. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    tell ya what.. if we are gonna do a charity raffle for star wars related stuff I could be convinced to toss in a vintage rotj speeder bike w/c-6 or so box.

maybe a figure or so too.

20. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Howdy! Hey sounds like there's gonna be a party or something...

...cool. :)

21. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    OW-Better contact your local gaming authority. All raffles fall under their jurisdiction, and the procedures for setting one up may take a lot longer than you're prepared for. And we don't want you guys hauled away for illegal gambling, no one needs a felony arrest.

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Jen:

2 questions:

1) would it be a problem if we donated all of the prizes? (as in, would we need to get imperial permission?)

2) do you think that if this were to happen, could we get enough people to bring in a can to make the food drive worthwhile?

Anyone?

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    As soon as you say raffle, it means gambling. I went through all of this back in May, and it is an amazing process here in Colo (can take up to a year to get a license to hold a raffle). Contact the city government and see what they have to say. You can do costume contests, trivia contests and any other kind of "Contest," w/o it activating the gaming laws. You could just make the food drive a separate part of the fun and then just do giveaways based on trivia and other categories, like maybe lot numbers for line placement. But you should definately check w/ the local authorities to be certain of what is & isn't going to be allowed.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Interesting. [face_plain] I hope it's not so difficult here in AZ.

So what if we just gave a ticket to everone who comes through the door, then pulled the tickets for prizes, but they don't have to donate/pay to get a ticket?

What are some other ways that we can do a charity food/toy drive? Just advertise it, and then have boxes out front of the theater and then have the troops encouraging people to donate?

I'm open to ideas.

Interesting about the Big Movie Zone: We're the only theater in the Country that is confirmed to show AOTC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.