Phx The ***Official*** PFF IMAX Event Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    That is really interesting. Good for us to be confirmed, but I know we can't be the only ones. :)

Bummer for everyone else, though. :(

On the subject of raffles, I checked out the AZ Dept of Gaming. They are mostly concerned with Indian gaming, but I'll do some more checking. As for donations, I did a video piece for the West Valley Food Bank a while back. I'll try to dig up the contact info and give them a call.
  2. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Thanks, Kirana. Pleae do check for us --that'll help out a lot. :D

If we're to assume that this is a go (food/toy donation, and raffle), how do we want to go about it?

Do we want to ahve boxes out by the theater for donation, in addition to collections going into theater showing? I'm open to feedback from anyone and everyone!
  3. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awww, it's not that bad. Maybe we can use this to get out neighboring Fan Forces to AZ for an Uber party !!!!!
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As far as the Raffle goes, why not call it a drawing? For what you are talking about doing you don't need to fill out any type of paperwork or get permission. Because you are not profiting from this drawing in any way, and you are not collecting cash, only foodstuffs which will go to a local charity. Have a representative from the local charity on hand if you want, have them take possession of the foodstuffs if you want, but I doubt you will be questioned on it. We have give-aways of items that have been donated at most of our meetings, and gave aways hundreds of dollars of stuff at the comic con, and I did inquire into getting a licence for it at that time, and they stated as long as you don't take in cash, you don't need to. Maybe Arizona has different laws than California though, I don't know.
  5. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  6. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Uber Party!!! I'll represent the Flagstaff FanForce of one!! ;)

I may be able to swing this one....if I beg and plead a TON!!
  7. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    If things don't work out here, you just may be seeing a few RMFFer's :D ;)
  8. aztrooper0013 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, gang,

I just got off the phone with IMAX. I spoke to Charline James, the Sales Officer of IMAX at AZ Mills, and here's the latest.

IMAX and LFL are currently in the middle of the contracting for this event. This explains the lack of current info on showtimes, prices, and such, but it is definately going to happen on November 1st! :)

She is very excited about having all three groups (501st, RL & PFF) involved in the opening night stuff, as well as the VIP premere a few nights before.

I have given her the info to contact you guys (Both PFF & RL) and she should be getting a hold of you very soon.

She is going to talk to the mall about our presence, and clear that all ahead of time. She also said she'd tell them about our showing up on Halloween before we hit Mill Ave for the annual "Kids Trick or Treat" thing they do in the mall.

She remembers the Lineup and agreed that we don't need to do something of that magnitude (a week long lineup) but something cetainly needs to be done to mark this great event!

If any of you would like her contact info, please email me at
    td0013@cox.net

Expect to hear from her in the next few days or so.
  9. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    //bows//We're not worthy! We're not worthy!!!//bows// ;) :D

Great work, Kevin!!!
  10. Master_Duron Jedi Master

star 4
    As I stated once before, the 3 Phoenix SW chapters(PFF, 501st & RL) really need to elect an Ambassador to represent all of the groups. It would cause less confusion for everybody. Having to deal with 3 separate people just causes to much confusion. :D
  11. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Yes, it makes it less confusing. Fortunately, up in Colo., it's just me for two of the groups, and I can keep in touch w/ the XO of the Mountain Garrison.
  12. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    We're the only theater in the Country that is confirmed to show AOTC

[face_shocked]

Woo-hoo!!! :D Uber-party! Uber-party! :D [face_mischief]
  13. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    TFN now has a database of where it's confirmed to be showing, and where it isn't.
  14. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    This is sounding better and better!! :D
  15. Tobar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man I wish I had a costume =/ So wait we bring canned food to get in?
  16. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Sorry, Tobar it's not that easy. If you read above, we're taking about canned food for possible extra prizes. Nothing more .(besides feeling good for donating ;) ). You still have to buy a ticket to get in.
  17. aztrooper0013 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Duron:

As far as one to represent everyone, that's all fine and good, but right now we really don't have time to wait on a commitee. No one knew what was going on, so I took the initiative and contacted IMAX. (You Nabooites can appreciate that, I'm sure.)

I also gave them contact info for all three groups, and through the magic of email, all three groups should be contacted at the same time.

Whatever the case, your leadership (and as usual, the rest of you on the boards) will be notified of everything I learn, the moment I learn it. (Wether IMAX emails them or not, I certainly will.)
  18. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Thanks for being the point man, Kevin. :D As you can probable tell, I don't have the time (or the mental energy) to do the legwork on this one. ;)

This is the beauty of teamwork and cooperation --we're getting the job done. :D

Now we just need to get the web site up and running, and get T-shirts for non-costumed members. :D
  19. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
    We're going to have fun that night!

Everyone Wang Chung tonight! :p
  20. Master_Duron Jedi Master

star 4
    We appreciate all the work you are doing Kevin. I didnt mean to sound like I was complaining. We kind of had a mess for CopperCon and I just was throuwing my 2 cents out. I know with inflation it isnt worth $^%$& anymore. ;)
  21. Tobar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Was just asking I got alittle confused with all the posts, I'll be sure to bring something for the collection. :D
  22. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Update:

Re: "giveaways"-as long as no money is changing hands, and the prizes are not major (worth under $100-no giving away a car or anything :)), the Dept of Gaming could not care less.

I have yet to hear back from the food bank. I'll keep you posted.
  23. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    COLORADO GOT IMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only problem w/ that is that now my road trip to Phoenix has been delayed (Yes I was planning on making the trek to see the movie, and maybe some of you too ;) ) :(

Maybe I'll make it out there between semesters (and after I get my year end bonus).
  24. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    WAHOOO STAR WARS AT THE IMAX! RETURN TO THE MALL!!! WAHOO....

...What? I haven't said anything in a while....

LP :)
  25. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    They're open for business again. Officers check your email. Big info came out that I sent to you. We need to get hot, and get it done now --T-Shirts, website, everything!!!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.