main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Phantom Menace DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by adrich, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    With all the DVD questions as of late, let's get some posts going in here.

2. SulfuricAcid

SulfuricAcid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    how do you get the easter eggs on the x-box????

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Does this help?

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    You might be able to find one list. Though it will be hard.

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    There is an easier way of accessing the easter eggs on these discs:

Use the "go to" button on your remote and then program in the following:
    for Disc 1:
    Title 15 Chapter 01
    Disc 2:
    Title 52 Chapter 01
    Title 53 Chapter 01

I'm using the region 2 discs, but I assume it's the same for region 1.

6. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I want TPM on dvd but once again Lucas has betrayed me....you can only get it if you buy ATOC too. But I already have that....ARRGGGHHHH!!!! :mad:

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I am sure TPM will be available again soon...

8. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Anyone know why I only get the Courasant menu on my DVD? Its the same thing with my AOTC DVD. Once in a blue moon I'll get the Naboo menu, but I have never once gotten the Tatooine menu. Likewise with my AOTC DVD, once in a blue moon I'll get the Geonosis menu, but never have gotten the Kamino menu. I have watched the DVDs on my X-box and on a regular DVD player. Its not a big deal, I'm just curious if anyone knows the reason for it.

9. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    According to Amazon.co.uk, the TPM DVD is being re-released in Britain on 20th September, to coincide with the release of the OT. I wonder why this is? It was out of stock on Amazon for months. I guess they've just started producing the DVDs again, expecting there to be more interest with the release of the OT DVDs.

10. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I am waiting for the 6 box set, it is enevtibually going to come out.

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "According to Amazon.co.uk, the TPM DVD is being re-released in Britain on 20th September, to coincide with the release of the OT."

I get all my DVD's through Play.com, and until a few weeks ago, I hadn't considered getting TPM until there was an uber-boxset with all 6 films on DVD, eventually I caved since I had AOTC on DVD, and thought, bugger it, might as well have 'em all! To my surprise it said it wont be released until September 20th (just as previously suggested in this thread). After a little searching around, I found the reason why was...

*** S P O I L E R ***

Some of the shots have, not so much as been redone, but touched up...Yoda is now all CGI (Thank God for that!), for instance, and to the best of my knowledge, I think Jabba has been re-rendered too.

12. DarthyMarkyMark

Nov 6, 2003
    Happy Ninja - are you sure about this? I don't know how to do blacked-out spoilers, so I'll have to be careful here ... I don't even know if this is spoiler material or not. I know what you talked about has been rumoured, but I'd be very surprised if they just let this DVD leak out onto the market, with no official announcement that they're being re-released. I'd expect what you're talking about eventually, but not yet.

13. RednepSuS

RednepSuS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    "According to Amazon.co.uk, the TPM DVD is being re-released in Britain on 20th September, to coincide with the release of the OT."

Yeah, Episode I & II will be re-released this fall.

*** S P O I L E R ***

It won't happen.

14. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That spoiler is just a wish of thousands of fans, but it won't happen.

So was the Ian McDiarmid as ESB Palpatine wish, if you remember. ;)

It's Star Wars: anything is possible. ;)

15. DarthyMarkyMark

Nov 6, 2003
    When I said re-released, I probably used the wrong words - what I really meant was "made available again". I don't expect there to be any changes at all to the TPM DVDs yet, it's just that they've been unavailable for a few months, and they're making them available again.

However, I do think changes, including a digital Yoda, will be made eventually, although not until well after the release of RotS - maybe not even until the HD-DVD/blue-ray format takes off, however long that might take.

16. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think they will replace Yoda in AOTC, TESB and ROTJ with a CG model that looks like the TPM puppet.
    ROTS will probably feature that model from start.

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Everyone please remember this thread is here for any and all questions and discussion of the TPM DVD. Let's use it. :)

18. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    All right, I'll try here... Thanks, Strilo, for pointing out the correct thread. :)

Got a question for the more technicological fans out there...

At the IMDB (located here, eleventh point from the bottom), it says if you highlight the THX logo on the options page and hit "1138," you can access a hidden blooper reel. Can anyone tell me how to do this? My DVD player only lets me hit two numbers before clearing them out. What's the trick?

19. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I've been trying to access the in-depth commentary on dvd.starwars.com. When I go there with the DVD it just says "bonus online features are forthcoming" and directs me to look at image galleries and the like. According to TOS both prequels' text commentaries are still online, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any ideas?

20. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Sorry, didn't see the post about the depth commentaries earlier in the thread. But in the news item about ANH's script-to-screen feature it mentions that the depth commentaries for the prequels are still online. But they don't seem to be...

21. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    So does anyone know when they're going to re-release the DVD? I'm surprised they pulled it out of print.

22. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    My bet is May 30th, 2007 baby! :D 30th Anniversary Box Set-O-Rama! :D TAKE MY MONEY NOW GEORGE! :)

23. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    I think they'll re-release the DVD once ROTS hits DVD, then they'll do a boxset of the PT.

24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree. How can Lucasfilm resist the 6 film boxed set?

25. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    It is inevidable, it is our destiny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.