main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *OFFICIAL* Photoshop Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Otis_Frampton, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm trying to find a good download program for photoshop CS text. I specifically want new styles of text, not the special effects.

Also, would anyone know where I could find a sheet music background, preferably aged looking....

EDIT:

So I'm back with another problem :p
    I downloaded some styles and had no problem with it. I opened the CS and then went to my documents and clicked on the file and there it was in my style pallette....but....I downloaded some backgrounds and that method didn't work. I click on the file and it goes somewhere, but I don't know where the heck it is!

2. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    how do i bring up the layers palette in photoshop 6.0 if i shut it by mistake?

please help!

3. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    Can someone please tell me how to access the 'extras' I've heard about on photoshop CS. I'd look in the help section if I knew what they're called. I heard there are articles in the section that can be added to the pictures. True?

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    R2D1000, just look under the windows menu (i think) its one of the three farthest to the right at the top of the screen. it should have options you can check/uncheck for showing/hiding that (and other) menus.

i dont know much about CS, i just have 7, so i dont know how to help with that, sorry...

5. darkjediknite77

darkjediknite77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    I have photoshop elements does anyone know how to make a lightsaber in photoshop elements

6. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    goto ryan-w.com and then find the tutorial on making sabers in PS... should be self-explanatory, but you may have to adjust some things for use in elements...

my quick version of a tutorial:
    bring your original pic into PS
    make a new layer
    make a selection around your saber (whatever is representing it in the pic or where you want it to go)
    fill this selection with WHITE
    duplicate the layer.
    on the bottom layer, make it whatever color you want for the glow.
    gaussian blur both of these layers, the "glow" (color/below) more than the "core" (white/above)
    (for a really "professional" look, try to set the blending modes for these layers to "add" or "lighten", i forget which it is... that is if elements supports blending modes...)
    flatten image and there you go...

now, i dont use elements, so i am not positive if all these features are in it, but they are quite simple... elements does do layers right? thats the only thing that i would wonder about...

hope this works :)

7. darkjediknite77

darkjediknite77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    THANX!!!
    i think what you said will work i cant think of any reason it wount work, everything else i've read tells me to go to "layer styles" and chose "outer glo" but in
    PH elements it dosent have "outer glo" under "layer styles"

thanx!

8. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    great :) just play with those settings and see what you get to work.

just for the record, anyone with PS questions can feel free to PM me also, i'm happy to help

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I have a question conserning Photoshp CS

How do you make a single image bigger, without making the rest of the project bigger?

10. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    i dont know about CS... but in general, there should be an option to resize the image under the image menu.... i think.... :::checks::: yeah, there is, "Image Size..." rather than "Canvas Size". i cant say its the same for PS CS though, i dont use that too much.

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Thank you, I'll try that.

12. No1Jedi

No1Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    Hey, I have a question about Photoshop. I'm using CS. Anyway, say I have this picture of me and my friends in a restaurant. When the picture was taken no one told me there was a straw in front of my face. Now that I get the picture back...well, there's a straw in front of my face. Could I use PS to make the straw less noticable or gone?

13. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    the answer is... yes.... but it would be hard. you need to be experienced with PS to make it look good.

just cut/paste other parts of the image, use the smudge too, use the healing tool, use the clone brush.... just play with it till it looks right.

actually, this sounds like a fun challenge, so if you dont feel up to it, i'd be happy to see what i can do. just PM me a link to the pic or with some way i can get it...

14. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Can you please help me with this?

I have a picture of a blue sky. I want to write the letters "SMOKE" on the blue sky, in white letters, but make it look like the leters are made of smoke.

I thought I would do it this way-

1.I'dput the blue sky as a background

2. make a new layer, type "SMOKE" in white letters and rasterize layer

3. Add a texture to it, to look grainy

4. blur it

The effect is still not very good. Is there any mewthod you could suggest to make the letters fragmented and smoke like?

Is there any special filter?

Thanks in advance

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sending this right on up with the others. :)

16. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Up, because this should never be down.

Should be a "sticky" thread, if that were possible here.

-Otis

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Giving this another bump!

18. Veraden

Veraden Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I just got photoshop 7.0 yesterday and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers or tips on how to make some cool Star Wars art and stuff.

Any other information you can give me on Photoshop 7 would also be helpful.

I also have Adobe Illustrator 10 and Adobe Image Ready 7.0. If you have anyone infor mation on these that would also be very hepful.

And if you have any tutorials on how to make lightsabers could you please tell me. I have been to the lightsaber tutorial thread, but none of the links that I clicked on worked on my Pc.

Please reply or PM me with any help you can offer.

19. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I have version 5.0, it was ok when I started drawing but now I feel like I'm restricted. Does anyone know how to make transparent areas on my version? If they did it would be a great help!!

20. Veraden

Veraden Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Does anyone have a tutorial on how to make sith lightning using photoshop 7?

21. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Does anyone have a tutorial on how to make sith lightning using photoshop 7?

Learn about Layer Styles, you must.

-Otis

22. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm having a problem with Photoshop and a friend told me to come here so I hope I'm not intruding or anything. :)

I have Photoshop 7 and it seems like I can't copy and paste images in Photoshop anymore. Let's say I copied my icon. If I tried to paste it in Photoshop, it won't let me. I can copy and paste things in Photoshop, just not with things I copy outside of it.

I tried dragging images. If I drag something from here, I get a promt for a new workspace, but I don't get the image itself. I can drag images in Word to Photoshop, through.

I've been able to copy and paste before. This problem just started this week. Can anyone help me?

Edit: never mind. It got fixed (don't know how, through). :)

23. ghostkamikaze

ghostkamikaze Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Thought someone here might enjoy this piece.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17194494/

24. UlikQelDroma

UlikQelDroma Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2005
    i haven't seen any lightsaber tutorials. If there are any, please send a link to me thanks. I have figured out two ways to make awesome lightsabers with photoshop but i would like to compare mine with what has already been developed so please direct me their. I don't know how to send immages on a thread so if someone wants to see my awesome lighstabers i designed PM on how to send it to you. I'd appreciate what you think of my designs, so don't hesitate to PM me. They glow on the screen its really awesome, but its even cooler if i can send the photoshop file itself so you can see how you can actually turn the blade on and off by clicking the eye on and off. Its really cool, I kind of made a 'find the treasures in the dark with the lightsaber' game out of it. Can I send a photoshop file, please tell me how, and i'll send it to you.

25. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    The Lightsaber Tutorial Thread is here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.