main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**The Official Pillow Fight Thread Version 12: PHX-1138**

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith_Priestess, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    wacks everyone with an " I feel like throwing up pillow"

2. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    *whacks ketch with a why? pillow*

3. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    *whacks DG with a [face_mischief] pillow*

*whacks Shaelyn with an okay pillow*

*whacks Ketch with a bucket pillow*

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    *whacks CW with a [face_mischief] pillow*

*whacks Shaelyn with a [:D] and a "I am alright, how are you?" pillow*

*whacks Ketch with a "That is what the YJCC is for" :p pillow*

5. Cinnamon_Windu

Jan 10, 2005
    *whacks DG with a [face_monkey] pillow*

6. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    *whacks CW with a [face_chicken] pillow*

7. Cinnamon_Windu

Jan 10, 2005
    *whacks DG with a [face_cow] pillow*

8. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I gotta say, Brittany has a point. I've noticed lately that certain users just go back and forth repeating practically the same thing over and over again. I don't want anyone to feel like you're in trouble or anything, but the Pillowfight Threads used to have the same socialization that the Newbie Welcome Party has - except with pillows and such, it was a great thing. Now it's just starting to border on an up your post count thread, which I find somewhat disappointing... and I'm afraid it's going to start reflecting badly on the forum as a whole.

I'd like to see if anything changes after this post - nothing huge, but I'd like what appears to be post upping to ease down a bit. It has crossed my mind to put this series of threads to an end. I can hardly bring myself to that thought, however. This thread is very dear to my heart.

Please continue to enjoy yourselves, there was once a lot of magic in this thread. I'd like to see it again. With massive pillow forts and herds of pillows as far as the eye can see... there was also a window people jumped out of a lot. *whacks Sith_Priestess with a Notre Dame pillow dipped in hairy House*

9. Cinnamon_Windu

Jan 10, 2005
    *whacks JD with a "Do you think this thread should be in YJCC?" pillow and "What do I need to up my post count for?!" :confused: pillow*
    I'd throw you out the window, but you'd probably ban me for it, and I wouldn't want Magik to feel that I usurped his perogative.

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    *whacks CW with a "I guess we should continue in PM." pillow*
    I could care less about upping my post count but if that is what you all think, then I guess that I shall leave this thread behind.

*Whacks JD, SP and the thread with a so long pillow*

11. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    DG, I think you're reading way too much into what Daniel is saying. His issue is not with anyone specific, but with the trend of redundant posts which all of us have been doing for awhile,--he's just asking to ease off of the redundancy. The thread used to have meaning, he'd like to see it regained.

*is whacked and pouts*

*grabs a squirrel pillow and hits Daniel with it* No cookie for you!

12. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    I remember that window. I think I saved someone jumping from that window.
    Those were good days... though I hardly remember them since soon after I joined TF.N, this thread changed, as you have pointed out. I miss those days, too... But... all good things must come to an end, right? ... I'm just kidding! :p Let's go back to the old days! *Goes to the old abanded Pillow Fort and waits for someone to join me...*

13. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    It is your destiny to lead it to the way you want it. It is your home turf. It is your responsibility to shape this board the way you want it to be. When you want to change it be an example!
    And when you like this thread so much, you have to participate more, so you can make a difference. Just saying something is bad is easy, now you have to act!

Now I have to try this whacking thing... Never did it before... I hope it isn't to difficult...

*take a look at his big Marshmallow Pillow*
    Who wants it? :D
    *make a feint and taking a bite from the pillow*
    You really thought I would throw that away... :p

14. Cinnamon_Windu

Jan 10, 2005
    *whacks SP and JD with "Strilo might as well say that we play the games in SWC to up our post counts instead of to have fun, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did!" :mad: pillows*

*whacks McCaffrey with a "Good point!" :) pillow*
    They stay away for weeks, then come back to complain!

Why do I have the feeling that I'm at starwars.com? :mad:

I just rememembered that I wanted to whack SP with a poodoo pillow.

*whacks SP with a poodoo pillow*

*whacks JD with a Fatboy Roberts, the Antifanboy pillow* [face_devil]

*looks at JD's post count*
    JD, aren't you afraid you'll get carpal tunnel syndrome?
    I guess you liked it when all those Sith were attempting to turn me to the dark side. It might have been fun for you, but it felt a lot different at this end! [face_beatup] I like them respecting me a lot better!

*gets in the pillow fort with AT-AT*

15. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Yay! That's one...

16. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    That's the thing; I have been for the past four months. Whenever I try to make things more interesting, to insight more creative posting, it usually falters after a day or two. It goes back to nothing more than pages upon pages of two people posting almost the exact same thing over and over again - that is spam. Which is what I'm asking to stop now, I do not need to post in a particular thread to moderate it. Don't be so quick to think I haven't tried this route of shaping this thread myself, I've tried. And it didn't work, so now I need to be more blunt. I hadn't realized how bad it was until Sith_Priestess finally pointed it out to me when I mentioned a new thread should be started soon.

There is a large difference between a game thread and a social thread. Games have a purpose which some require only a single word posted, but that's the point of those threads. This thread's purpose is not for only two people to post almost the exact same thing to each other over and over again; deliberately or un-deliberately upping their post count in an expediential way. It's my job to ask what's becoming spam to stop.

Anyway, I would like this thread to continue and I want to encourage everyone to make it the best it can be. I?m not singling anyone out, this goes to everyone.

*herds up some pillows, puts them out to graze ? pillows aren?t just made in factories, they must be bred!*

17. Cinnamon_Windu

Jan 10, 2005
    *whacks JD with an "If you want this to be a social thread, perhaps you should dispense with the pillows and rename it!" pillow*
    IMO, pillow fighting is a game!
    I still feel like TFN has morphed into the official site! :mad:
    Fine, I guess should leave WNU. After all I'm no longer a newbie.

*whacks JD again for not recognizing the cleverness (so I thought) of whacking those who whacked me with a colored pillow with a pillow of the opposite color*

18. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    *Whacks Cinn with an "Anger I sense in you, Master... afraid are you?" pillow.*

19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Cinnamon please don't leave WNU. We need users like you to help provide continuity and a good example to new users. We need people to welcome new users and help them out. I hate to see users like you leaving the forum when your help is both needed and appreciated.

20. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    I agree, that you don't need to post in a thread to moderate it, but if you want to give a thread a particular direction then you have to post as an example and tell the people that they do something wrong and what they do wrong. Nobody said that this is easy, on the contrary it is quite some work and it isn't done with some posts now and then in the way you like it. You have to particiapte achtive in the thread. I hope you see the difference.

*whacks Timo with the last bits of his marshmallow pillow*
    ;)

21. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    whacks everyone with a pillow

22. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Heard nothing that JD just said did you?! [face_shame_on_you]
    ;)
    BTW, JD, I think your comment scared everyone away... they're afraid to post now, it seems... [face_thinking]

23. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Did you not read what I said? I've tried that, it didn't work. And where did I say this is supposed to be easy? This isn't just about what I would like this thread to be - it doesn't have to be, I can't shape a thread because it's not what it was in the 'good old days.' But when I get complaints about how people seem to be using this thread to just up their post counts, yes I am going to do that moderator thing and ask people to tone it down a bit. And I would appreciate it if an RSA knew better than to post in a thread he's never posted in before and contradict a mod in his forum who's been posting in this thread for 4 years. If you have a problem with me asking people to tone down what's starting to become spam, then PM me.

I'm really sorry that what I said is making some people want to leave the thread, that's not what I wanted. I love everyone who posts in here, but I got complaints from more than one person and something needed to be said. I would do the same thing if I got complaints about the Newbie Welcome Party or the Hugging Thread, it's a real bummer when people find me a party pooper... but I wasn't going to just let what appeared to be a growing problem flourish.

I do think this thread is pretty much killed (especially after a few posts of a manager and administrator contradicting one another - I know I?m scared to post in here). Since it's well over it's recommended post level, I'm gonna go ahead and lock this. Expect unlucky number 13 to be posted some time tomorrow, hopefully a fresh thread is what we need.

PM me if you have any questions or issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.