main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official pre-release Rise of Nobility Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by keithabbott, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Well, here it is...22 days early. The unofficial Rise of Nobility Trailer.

<DOWNLOAD> Length: 1:56, Filesize: 4.5MB

I'm leaving the link "live" for the next 90 minutes. After that, I'm cutting it off until I get the hosting issue resolved.

I hope you enjoy it, and for those who miss it..don't worry. It will return next month. Until the official release of the trailer next month, please do not make this file available elsewhere for download.

By the way, if you are experiencing a slow download rate, I apologize. That is partly the reason for finding a new host for our downloads.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Nice one. Looking forward to hearing this one in its entirety. :)

BTW: Did you create all those screams? They sound really good.

3. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks a bunch! :) Actually the startship scene is pretty complex in general. I probably mixed about half of the effects in this scene, and the other half were mixed by David Jacques over in Belgium. Some of the students were locals here in Richmond, VA. They contributed the lines "what's happening" and "what's going on". Both kids are brothers in fact. Some of the screaming you hear was recorded by Elizabeth Ascot(she plays Padme/Amidala and even does the intros you hear in this trailer..those are not Natalie Portman believe it or not).

In this same scene, we have crying effects that were recorded for the character Dene' by Lila Atherley. Some laughs were even recorded by our Production Assistant, Ann Boeselager. But all the rest of the screams, chatter and crying were sound effects found on the internet. So there's a lot of mixing up of effects to give the starship a really lived in feel.

Keith

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Again, nicely done!

You're right about Elizabeth. She did an excellent job recording a line (even though it was only a few words) for our audio drama. Keep up the good work! :D

5. Neumann

Neumann Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    Awesome trailer... I can totally see in my mind's eye how my storyboards helped with that mixing, it's so cool! Can't wait to hear the whole thing (Elizabeth Ascot's voice is infectious ^_^)

Chris

6. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm glad you were able to check out the trailer Chris. Thanks again both of you for the compliments and I'm sure Elizabeth would say the same. :)

Keith

7. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    A new mp3-of-the week is finally up. A day late, but this time we poke a little fun at our Narrator. :) *poke poke*

Keith

8. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Uur official release poster has been posted to the RoN site for viewing. The official RoN trailer will be released next Friday, August 1st. It will be available at NataliePortman.com, FanFlicks.Com, Sokar.com.uk, Mesonworks.com and of course Riseofnobility.com.

The big news is that NataliePortman.com has agreed to hosting the entire 256k compressed mp3 of the RoN audio drama.

Keith

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Feel free to download the new trailer today. It's finally available for download at our site. Just hit the link in my tagline. Hope you enjoy it.

Keith

10. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Good deal. I will download it when I get home from work. For some reason I can't get the fanflicks URL to work and NP.com is blocked on our network. :(

11. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    If you need a direct link to download from fanflicks, try right-clicking this link and saving as... here. I've got javascript going on to open a new sized window, so that could be the problem you're experiencing.

Keith

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Ahhh.. beautiful. Downloading now. ;)

EDIT: Just finished listening to it. Sounds good! Looking forward to hearing the final product.

13. Jeremy_West

Jeremy_West Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2003
    Sounding great Keith. Really like the actress playing Amidala and the mix sounds really pro- I just wish I hadn't read the script already since it has some spoiler stuff in it. Oh well-

My kids are gonna love this- they listen to the old Star Wars dramas on tape at night. Can't wait for the finished version.

Jeremy

14. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Saw the poster, gave the trailer a listen. Neat stuff. :) The creature sound effects around 1:20 were my favorite bit.

I note you used my tagline on the poster :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

15. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks guys for the nice comments. Adam, do you mean the Vornskr effects? :) those are actually a combination of sounds from a variety of places, including some of the Vornskr effects in the SOTE game. :)

Yes, that was your title idea for the poster. Jake liked it, and incorporated in his part of the new poster. And it stuck after I finished it up.

Anyhow, it's just a trailer so hopefully the end product will be just as good for you guys. I sure hope so anyhow.
    Keith

16. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah, great trailer. Good voice acting, too. But I'm somewhat biased when it comes to Elizabeth Ascot. :p

17. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Must of us are Doggans. Most of us are! :)

Keith

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Adam, do you mean the Vornskr effects?

How the hell am I supposed to know what a Vornskr is? :p They were creatures of some kind. You figure it out!

Anyway, since you mentioned the SOTE game, I thought I would post this irrelevant and off-topic 'alternate ending' to ESB...

GEORGE LUCAS
    Ok folks.. I guess I'll resolve these
    numerous loose ends when the next movie
    comes out.. in a few years. Until
    then, play with action figures. Oh,
    and when computers come out I'm going
    to make a game called Shadows of the
    Empire that looks really cool because
    the first level is a badass simulation
    of the Hoth battle in this movie. I
    think I'll make the rest of the game a
    piece of ****, though.

EDIT: Keith, I added a bit on the RoN graphics to my "Other Guy in his Basement Productions / Adam Bertocci animation, digital effects, graphics and post-production work" section. I wouldn't normally consider publicity 'on-topic' for that page, but I realized, hey, no one cares. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    [Luke]I care.[/Luke]

Oh, wait, no I don't. :p

20. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I have some potentially awesome news. I got an email from Diego at NatalieEmpire.com and they wan't to also help in hosting the audio drama. I've also got one other potential host in the midsts also from a fanfilms.com regular.

So far, there seems to be quite a bit of interest, so keep your fingers crossed boys and girls. :)

Keith

21. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Just a quick update on the RoN site. At the moment, my host is updating their server. I've been told that it should only be down for about an hour. So Riseofnobility.com will be back up soon for anyone who might be concerned.

22. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    It just struck me.

Keith: I know you didn't want to go with the Fanworks site for hosting in its original form, but I thought with the scramble for servers and visibility, you might be intersted in one of the different options we're going to offer.

Basically, we're doing four:

Full hosting hosts all files and the project gets its own page and is included on the actual tables on the directory pages for Audio Dramas or Radio Shows.

Co-Hosting shares file hosting responsibilities (SWFW hosts the main file or files, but then links away to an official site for the project, where you can get those files plus other supplemental ones).

Page-hosting gets you a specific project page on SWFW, but all files are linked to outside download locations, which is probably what would be the case with RON if you wanted.

Simple Listing is just what you'd have right now, which is having the project listed at the bottom of the Audio Dramas index page along with other non-SWFW projects, basically as a sort of "Non-Hosted" directory for the genre.

I figured you might be interested in that "Page Hosting" idea if you're wanting some extra Fan Audio genre exposure.

23. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well guys, we're coming down the home stretch. 12 more days to go! :) I'm planning on having the thing "done" by Saturday afternoon and uploaded so that I can get it to those folks hosting in time for the release.

Here's the deal..there will be 3 different compressions for the audio drama. Each will be MP3. The compressions will be:

64Kbps - FM Radio Quality
    128Kbps - CD Quality
    256Kbps - CD Quality but better :)

The reason for the different compressions is to save on bandwith. I have a feeling not everyone will download the 256k stream, so the 64Kbps is really meant for the 56Kbps modem folks.

The 128Kbps is pretty much geared to the normal folks with Cable Modem.

The 256Kbps is for the audio enthusiasts out there. This compression was suggested by one of our editors actually. This file caps out at 81.1MB.

My guess is the others will end up being 20 and 40megs as each is half the compression of the others.

If anyone else is interested in putting up mirrors let me know asap. I'll inform you all when it's available.
    Keith

24. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Keith: I'm sure we'll be up for mirroring at least the middle option, if not the others. I'll check with Lou about #1 and #3. I don't think space is much of an issue yet, but it always helps to check.

25. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Kieth, I'll provide a mirror for both 128 and 64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.