main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Princess Leia in "Rebels" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AllAboutThatMace, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Leia lived a healthy childhood and Sabine at least had the Imperial Academy. Poor Ezra had nothin.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Leia should be a member of the Imperial Senate by now. In canon, she is the youngest ever elected.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Wonder if Leia and Jar Jar have the same close friendship Padme had with Jar Jar in the PT/TCW.;)

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I like to think Jar Jar was executed by Imperials, when the Empire was clamping down on dissidents.

queenofhollywood likes this.
  5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I just like to think Jar Jar was executed on general principle.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That should have been Rebels first scene - Jar Jar being executed for crimes against the Empire.

MandoArtist likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Going back to talking about Leia in Rebels, I wonder if we'll see some father/adoptive daughter interactions between her and Bail. It would be an interesting take; considering up till now we'd known about Luke's relationship with his adoptive "aunt" and "uncle".

queenofhollywood and jakobitis89 like this.
  8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Very true. We haven't seen much of Bail but what we have seen does suggest Leia didn't fall terribly far from that particular tree politically speaking. And her conviction and bravery were shared by Bail as well. I can't see her ever being pro-Imperial but I would be interested in seeing her going from firebrand to more moderate (outwardly) to avoid drawing unwise attention.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But I'm not necessarily talking about any inherited traits she might've gotten from Bail. I mean just like you might assume with a typical father/daughter relationship. Bail being a little overprotective in Leia's actions during her young life, for example.

10. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Fair point. But the two are linked. The daughter of a principled and charismatic politician grows up to become... a principled and charismatic politician. That's not genetics lets face it. The reality of growing up as an actual Princess (for good and bad) might be an interesting thread to explore in that sense. Born (alright, adopted in this case) to rule people, chooses to serve the people. That's a pretty interesting choice come to think of it.

La Calavera and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm sure they'll play into the irony that her real mother was both a Princess and politician.

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Does anyone else see this as an opportunity to ret-con/explain the ROTJ/ROTS Padme continuity error somehow? This is something the old EU never tried to touch upon IIRC.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

How? As far as we know, Padme is still dead. They're not going to resurrect her for Rebels.

14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

I'm talking about when Leia says she remembers her mother in ROTJ.

15. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    "Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future…the past. Old friends long gone.”

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I knew what you were talking about. Leia was still a baby when Padme, "lost the will to live", so what exactly could she remember?

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Her mother's face, or feelings at the time after she gave birth. Leia's force sensitive and probably more sensitive to people's emotions.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I guess. Though I'm not sure there's going to be any reference to her real mother in Rebels. I doubt Bail would tell her, for obvious reasons.

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Leia most likely would know she's adopted at this point. If she's ever asked about her real mother, Bail might not tell her a lot, but I don't believe he wouldn't tell her anything.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

It is impossible without making an even bigger continuity problem.

21. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

So far I've been able to come up with one decent theory, and that is she has dreams / force visions of the past where she can see Padme holding her when she was first born, and thinks that these are just normal dreams / memories. Then the quote in ROTJ would make perfect sense.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Or, Bail's wife died when Leia was young and that who she was referring to.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Initially I thought that was the obvious case, but then I had recently re-watched ROTJ, and Luke clearly asks if she remembers her REAL mother, so we could throw the notion of foster mother out the window.

24. J.A. Morris

J.A. Morris Jedi Master

May 6, 2005
    Good news. I love Carrie Fisher, but I'm okay with Fisher NOT voicing the character, since her voice has changed so much since 1977.

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    According to the current in-canon comics, Breha Organa was alive right up until the destruction of Alderaan in ANH, and Leia remembers her well. So lets just chalk up the inconsistency to "Lucas not caring about his own continuity when making the PT" and move on.

Speaking of Breha, now SHE'S a character that I'd like to see more of/learn more about. Queen of Alderaan, wife of Bail Organa, adoptive mother of Leia, etc. Sounds like a potentially really interesting character.