main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Protocal Droid Disscussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Sarg_Kulo, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I started this thread because I find the protocal units of GFFA really interesting.

In AOTC, C-3PO says "I just had the most peculiar dream". Now even if what he was refering to wasn't a dream (well I assume he was refering to the areana ;) ), it does tell us that Threepio does/had dreams. Which leads us to think aboutb the kinds of dreams he has, what do droids dream about?

We also know that he has feelings of digust (how rude/ errrr), attachment (to R2, to Luke e.t.c), fear (really obvious ones) and other asic ones like happiness, hoplessness e.t.c

This makes protocal droids much more like a human than a droid. I consider a robot to be merely cicuits and chips added together to make a mindless basic ressemblence of a human. However in GFFA they are so much more.

Please add your thoughts, remember this thread is for disscussion, not a fanclub. It is also mod approved.

2. MickyJedi

MickyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    R2D2 has feelings too. [face_dancing]
    I don't know if also the other droids have feelings, but I can say that Threepio and Artoo really seem to be human. They always quarrel as children do.

Their role in the story is that of friendly pets...

3. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Didn't GL once say that SW was seen through the eyes of the droids? I find that interesting.

SO what do you think C3PO dreams about? (Serious answer please.)

4. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Yeah at Celebration III, Lucas said that the hero of the Saga is R2, so it's seen from his eyes .

As far as them dreaming, Artoo and Threepio maybe, if they aren't turned off that is .

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Well, I don't remember what point in the saga 3PO says this, but he's programmed to understand humans. "Dream" could mean any number of technological things, but it just happens to be the best way to describe the experience to humans.

6. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    As he was made from junk. Do you think he could remeber what his old arts where used for (befor ethe mempory wipe)? Maybe some of his dreams are absed on that.

7. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Electric sheep?

I doubt he dreams, it's just an expression to make interaction with humans easier.

8. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    But there were no humans around when he said it. Just him and Artoo

9. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    :oops: Good point. Still, he'd use the same expressions with droids as he would with humans, as long as he speaks in a human language, and not, say, astromech droid code.

10. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    So what do you think his "dreams" really were? Possibly just old data mixed together or something?

Does he dream when he shuts himself down like in ANH?

11. MickyJedi

MickyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    Maybe this is a little out of topic, but I just wanted let you see this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/MickyJedi/File0037.jpg

Now C3P0 seems... not only human... what can I say, doggy? Does this word exist? Goofy style! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.