main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official PT Forum Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Stryphe, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_chinchilla

darth_chinchilla Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Yeah, Lord Revan if you don't mind...

After watching the teaser trailer, a slew of suggestions involving whether or not Palpatine and Sidious are one and the same comes to mind... aside from that, what significance does Kashyyyk present for the plot of ROTS (more particularly, Chewbacca's relevance to the overall story)? Where in the bigger picture is ROTS' point of attack and finish (how much time passes from start to end), and does it effectively bridge the gap between Classic and Prequel movies?
    There's some for starters...

Thanks!

2. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Glad to help Chinchilla-
    alright, if you played Republic Commando it leads right up to the wookie invasion. What happend was the Seperatists were there to enslave the wookiees and take away there freedom, so Yoda goes there to with alot of Clones to stop the invasion and save the wookiees freedom and from there I heard that some clones try to turn on Yoda and Chewie saves him( if I am wrong please somebody correct this).
    I also heard that the film will be 2 hrs and some odd minutes.
    I didn't read the book but from the books and the trailers I think it does a good job and connecting the two trilogies.

Again, glad to help. [face_devil]

Good Stuff

3. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    Oh, sorry. I re-read the question.
    I don't know how long the time passes IN the movie.

Good Stuff

4. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Do we learn anything about Sidious's real age?
    Not in the screenplay

Why does he look old after fighting Mace?
    In gathering up all of his powers to fend of Mace his face becomes distorted.

Does the Emporer really say "Happy Empire Day"?
    Not in the screenplay.

OK, thanks. I'm only interested in asking from the screenplay because I view the book as EU.

So, if pushing his limits to kill face ages him, why doesn't fighting Yoda age him more?

Regarding the Wookie homeworld battle, I am wondering if this isn't an after thought. Reason I say it is that it isn't in the novel. I know, I know, I just said the novel is EU, but Stover is working from what GL gave him, so that suggests GL decided to make it a part of ROTS later.

5. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    Yeah, I was flipping through and skimming (I don't want to ruin the whole movie) and I never found Chewbacca's name or wookiees or anything. What is up with that? [face_thinking]

6. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    From what I understand, in the novel, Yoda does go to Kassyke (or however you spell it), but it doesn't show the battle. I suspect the scene wasn't scripted until after Stover got the notes, but I don't know for certain.

7. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "Regarding the Wookie homeworld battle, I am wondering if this isn't an after thought. Reason I say it is that it isn't in the novel. I know, I know, I just said the novel is EU, but Stover is working from what GL gave him, so that suggests GL decided to make it a part of ROTS later."

According to Stover in his hyperspace chat he just decided to leave it out of the novel, partly because its not that important to the core story, and partly to leave something as a suprise for the fans.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Hmmm, I was afraid of that.

9. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
  10. BLANKBOMB

BLANKBOMB Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I would just like to mention something about the prequel trilorgy. which is a major spoiler.

Major Spoiler !

Yoda is not the real leader of the jedi - Qui-Gon Jinn is. Yoda is his apprentice, as you find out at the end of ROTS.

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would not say that at all. I think you strongly misinterpreted that scene.

12. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    I thought it was confirming that Qui-Gon was the first one to figure out how to stay behind after death, through The Force, and that Yoda and Obi-wan had to also learn this ability.

13. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I would not say that at all. I think you strongly misinterpreted that scene.

I suggest that you read up on your spoilers, Strilo. Qui-Gon had scripted dialogue with Yoda, in which Yoda becomes Qui-Gon's apprentice. GL simply cut the scene, but I would strongly expect it to show up on the DVD in one form or another.

For your enjoyment:

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is ...

QUI -GON: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: . . . to become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Heh, Strilo is right. Qui-Gon is only above Yoda in that he knows how to become immortal; Yoda still ranks above him as a Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.