main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000

What white beard do you speak of, Queeq?

2. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    The one in the Coruscant Nightclub select pic.

3. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Much beardage in the latest making of Documentary on the official site. Check it out, you won't be dissapointed! This movie just keeps getting better and better :)

4. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Saw it. Lots of beard Extras.

5. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Official:

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

....Well, it's not beard related, but I love it!!!!

6. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    No wait, it might be. We still hold the theory tthat Clones are bad and therefore have NO beard. So basically it's:

Attack of the Baldies. :D

7. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    queeq, u rule :)

8. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Thanks, Shoe. But you're too kind. :D

9. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    I finally chose an icon pic. I chose Anakin as a ghost, because he has a beard her. Did we ever discuss that? That Anakin had no facial hair until he was dead and redeemed? Now that's some major symbolism there!

10. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    queeq, r u makin things up? Since when does ghost Anakin have a beard? This is news to me. Have I missed something?

btw, have we ever discussed the implications of young Beru's pseudo mustache? I mean I know it's just a shadow in that pic from the official site, but it's gotta mean SOMETHIN right? Ok, prolly not, but I've always thought it was funny how that pic of her makes it look like she has a mustache even though she doesn't.

11. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    I may be making this up, yeah. :D

I haven't seen ROTJ in a a while.

12. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
  13. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    I thought ghost anakin had a kind of beardi on him, too. Must look at movie again.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    That face you make. Look I so bearded to your eyes? 8-}

Sapient

15. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Hey Sapient. A new potential beard speculant I see. Very good.

16. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm officially on board with the beard thread :)

17. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    hey not bad, I go away for a few weeks....well not by choice mind you, but anyway, I go away for a few weeks and come back to find yet another supporter, just wonderful! Oh I can't wait, Ep.2 is almost here, and then....the food and beard theory will explode! :D

btw, if anyone from the 'other' house stops by, (queeq, keo, etc.), let them know over there that I'm still around, I'm sorry for my absence, and I'll get over there eventually when my internet is back.

18. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    Saas"ee tiin"

Eating. Hes bound to buy it in ep2.
    great thread!!!

19. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Right, Shoe, I've been so busy these past few weeks at work. Going to take a holiday and visit family and friends, but will check in from time to time, if ya'all will keep this thread closer to the top please, so I can find it. thanks. :D :D :D

Welcome, you beard and food speculators.

20. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    thanks for the support Echo_Base :D

Beard and food theory is life!

21. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
  22. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Great site Shoe!

I true testiment of your decent into madness.

23. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    what's that? Madness u say? Mwahahahahaha!!!! I'm not mad, you're all mad! And soon all shall be made unmad by visiting me website! Mwahahahaha

24. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Truely an amazing website, Shoe. Your contribution to the (am I allowed to say it now?) Beardi has been nothing short of remarkable. This website will stand as a testiment to your devotion and love of the Beardi Order and the theory on which it was built.

Three Cheers for Shoe!

25. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

(Wow, it's been a long time...)

Excellent website, shoe. Kudos.

Also, as for the issue of Tyranus and his beard (I meant to bring this up months ago...sorry) -- there's a long tradition in the West of depicting something commonly known as the "Mephistopheles beard": a short, pointed, severe form of facial hair (I'm sure you've seen it, either in drawings featuring the devil himself, or elsewhere), which is exactly what Tyranus has. This beard doesn't have much length, or curl; further, it scarcely comes onto the cheek region at all.

It's facial hair, sure -- but very different in nature (and purpose) from the philosopher's beard of Marcus Aurelius, et. al. (the pic of F.F. Coppola on your website, for example, is clearly an especially full, earthy, curly, organic beard -- a direct contrast to the Mephistopheles beard).

The wearer, obviously, may also be expected to differ in nature accordingly (good vs. evil). I'm not surprised at all to see this beard on Tyranus (and unless I'm mistaken, this is the first ocurrence of this beard in SW); it's *the* beard for bad men.

Another Tyranus issue: does Lee wear a rug? I dunno what his head's like in real life, but that pic of Tyranus on the website looks a little iffy (the guy *is* almost 80...) Anyway, if it is in fact a 'piece, then the theory that bearded men who wear wigs die will have another example to support it. For what that's worth.

(Incidentally, under the "great directors with beards" section, I'd definitely add Kubrick. I've also seen Bergman and Welles with facial hair.

Also, Spike Lee's probably not "great", but he's done some good work. Frank Darabont, Joel Coen, James Cameron, Curtis Hanson, Robert Altman, Lawrence Kasdan, and James L. Brooks, too.

Other hairy directors, maybe not as good, include Ridley Scott, John Carpenter, Wes Craven, Jonathan Frakes, Kevin Smith, F. Gary Gray, James Toback, and, um, Tom Green.

Guys who sometimes have facial hair: Steven Soderbergh, Kenneth Branagh, David Fincher, Tim Burton, Darren Aronofsky, Bryan Singer, Brett Ratner.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.