main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

Oops...

2. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999
  3. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999
  4. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    OMG! A quadruple postie?! I haven't seen one of those in ages! Anyway, thanks for the input Pedro, much appreciated. The site will always be evolving, so I'll definitely take all that into acount, and we should see if we can find out if Dooku's bewigged or not. I may not add stuff right away though, I don't know if any of you have used the homestead site builder for the SW fansites, but it's a b*tch and a half! I can't believe I managed to get what I have out, lol. But rest assured, I'll soon enough build up the patience needed to add to the site and expand on the directors and Dooku beard :) As well am I open to any further comments and suggestions :)

5. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Shoe, this is great.

Peds, now that takes talent to que up a quad posty.

May our beards and foodness greatly prosper, or something like that. :D :D :D

6. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Just a little nod to those who've seen or heard about the Episode 1 DVD. I think Rick McCallum would swear less if he grew a beard. I think he has a major potty mouth due to his lack of beardiness....perhaps he is the baldi needed to bring balance to the Lucasfilm force. That, or I'm REALLY bored right now....

7. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    I'm back !!! :D :D :D

Agreed, the beards do make a difference.

8. I_am_not_a_gun

I_am_not_a_gun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    That website rocks my world and I'm on the way there! Ding Dong!

Right - all this "CG Yoda is actually OK stuff" has kinda got me thinking, so here's a couple of off-spinners fo yo:

a)Are CG beards really acceptable?Do they, you know, COUNT?

B) Does this new technology, giving GeorgieBoy the ability to bestow Mighty Facial Growth to anyobody in post-production, create the possibility of SPOILER_BEARDS?

Cripes, Gun, you say, that makes me want to speculate and post about who could have the spoiler beard...Damn Right! it does!

9. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

Hey, gun. Sure, CG beards count.

Incidentally, Nathan is now the head admin of the JC. Congrats!

10. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Geez, gun came by, one of his once in every 6 months posties, and I was on vacation.

Great to see you, gun, come by more often, please, our fearless leader. :D

11. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Master gun, thanks for one of your famous brief appearances. So glad u like the site, I was hoping it'd make you proud :D

So, good issues u raise, and having seen the trailer last night, I'd like to take a crack.

a)Are CG beards really acceptable?Do they, you know, COUNT?

Ok well, I don't remember seeing a CG beard in the trailer, but Yoda had much CG hair goin on. It was most impressive sompared to Episode 1, so it should definitely count.

B) Does this new technology, giving GeorgieBoy the ability to bestow Mighty Facial Growth to anyobody in post-production, create the possibility of SPOILER_BEARDS?

Yes, I believe it does, but unfortunately I don't think we'll see it. I could however see him going back to the original trilogy and bestowing certain non bearded ones with CG beards, to solidify his beard theory.

Oh, and the trailer was AWESOME!

12. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    the teaser trailer was magnificent; enough to wet your appetite.

Didn't obi-wan have his new beard on?

13. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    It looks great. And the CGI Yoda had some nice hair, so I guess it must count.

HI GUN, good to see you around.

queeq abides

14. Wedge007

Wedge007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2000
    After watching the teaser, I noticed something terrible:

Yoda shaved his sideburns! Or they fell off.
    :eek:
    :(
    :_|

15. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    He may have ditched the burns, but he grew his hair long. Surely that counts for something.

16. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    agreed. He must be trying to maintain the balance of the hair.

17. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Hey, good news for the Beardi. The OS updated a couple Jedi Council members who'll be appearing in Episode 2. AMong them, none other than the hairy, shoeless one, Oppo Rancisis. This would explain why Mace is still hairless yet not evil. Way to keep up the theory Georgie boy!

18. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    I still hope Mace dies violently though. :D

19. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    queeq! nice surprise....though with the way things've been goin, it looks like the last of the beardi I will be....seems like I'm the only one who's ever around here anymore :( Thankfully we're only 6 months away from Ep 2! :D Anyway, why the hopes for Mace's violent end?

Also....people don't like the One Massivly hairy person making up for relatively a hairless person/people part of the theory....

Like Chewie in the OT and Oppo in the PT....what do u guys think? Does that part of the theory need to be revised? Frankly I don't think it does, cause it works, but perhaps we need to think of a more convincing reason for why it works, cause people keep thinking it's a flaw in the theory....is it us or them? (see what happens when everyone goes away?! I start doubting myself! :( )

20. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    dang, it's like a ghost-town in here....oh well, on an up-note, I think we've been mentioned on TFn again, albeit a bit indirectly:

"Star Wars Discussion from the ROTJ Era
    Thu, Dec 13, 01 04:51:11 AM EST

In the lead up to Attack of the Clones, thousands of messages discussing Star Wars appear on message boards like the Jedi Council Forums each day. Fans from all over the planet are connected in a way unlike ever before, discussing everything from Darth Vader's shaving habits to news about the new Star Wars movie."

blah blah, it goes on from there, but I just thought that was kinda silly.

21. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Shoe, it's been difficult for me to keep up with the hairy bit lately. Have you seen more on the hairiness of it all? It seems like more focus is now on the hairless one, and that brings concern regarding speculation. Is all his hair removed because he is above it all now, or is it to indicate there is a future rumble in the temple?

22. Dim

Dim Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    I hope someone has realized in the last little bit that we may end up having a new sub-theory (in relation to the Forbidden Love theme)on how how beardiness might affect sex appeal and rogue matings of the jedi...

23. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Whos to say Mace didnt have a beard at some point? :)

24. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    He doesn't have one in Ep2. That's as far as we can look now.

Well, basically I want Mace to die for his rude behaviour in TPM. I hope Anakin slices him up for that. Not that I favour such a response, but a Sith has to do these things you know.

And I may have some problems with the ONE MASSIVE HAIRY person to compensate for the baldies. It's a bit of a weak way to compensate for potential gaps in the theory, which still stands IMHO.

25. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    still, the possibly once hairy mace could have lost his hairiness due to other situations not brought to our attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.