The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Listen Jayo, there's no need to curse at me.

I understand your back peddling theory about Dooku's beard. But in the begining you said this was nothing more than a subconsious way for GL to make beards back in 'fashion' by having good guys sport them.

Dooku saying to himself, 'Gee, I have to pretend to be good, I'd better keep my beard' is NOT subconious.
  2. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    POO, there you are. queeq, dimmy, peds, and I have been looking for you. couldn't find you.

Shoe, thanks for holding down the barbershop. Geez, so good to see ya all here. How come you didn't tell me about the outlaw place?

ewan, get your hairiness together. There is much hairiness in AOTC; where is your faith?

*runs over to the next world to tell queeq and dimmy that poo is back*

*brings in tauntaun stew for poo from the third world out there where the Blue Milk Cafe now resides*

*is so tickled poo is back*
  3. plocool Jedi Knight

star 3
    Shoeless Jedi:
    ILMFAO when I saw that pic!

Yeah I have that same smack face when I wake up in the morning....Too much Vicks formula 44 to ease the nerves you know.

Yeah I can see Yoda with a soul patch type of thing going on; or maybe some crazy goatee thing like Captain Nimo or Tarpals or bjork.
  4. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok ok Ewan, clearly there was a misunderstanding. Hopefully to Keo you will listen. Anway, the subconscious thing is an act we put on Lucas, not the characters. Dooku keeping his beard is very conscious, but I think Lucas hopes the abundance of beards will have a subconscious affect on his audience to bring beards back. (And I think people think he's trying to bring hoods back too, saw that in another thread) whatever, that part of the theory's kind of inconsequential.

Keo, so nice to see you back! I'm sorry, I thought you knew about the Outlaw place. Queeqers stops by there now and then. I'm afraid I don't visit our other offworld home. It's so hard making my way through the galaxy in these busy days. Nice to know this place is still around to call home ;)
  5. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm here, Shoe. Would luv to stop and visit you all at the outlaw lounge, but don't know the addy.

Ewan's fine; he just has to grow his own beard abit thicker. Obi-Wan's beardiness is full, true to his mentor. Can't comment on the others as I've been away from AOTC forum for awhile. :D
  6. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Stop by and see us some time Keo :)

Ya know, it's a real shame you haven't been around the AOTC forum much lately. Eppy 2 is shaping to be a real bearded beauty. Everyone from Cliegg Lars to even our old Stubly Watto are sporting beards this time around. Yup, old Watto decided to let in the good and grow out the stubble, as I posted a page back. And of course we've got Bail's goatee, and the ever curious peach fuzz on Beru's upper lip....will definitely be interesting to see hundreds of Jedi at once though....there's much in store for the beard theory....

Oh, and we haven't forgotten about the food theory either, there just hasn't been any word on food in a while. I think we'll have to wait for the fil to come out before we can work more on that....
  7. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    waiting for some pics of Dexter's diner and the spread. then, we'll have lots of food to talk about. :D

Shoe, I'm there in the foyer, but I can't find you anywhere. The other doors are locked.
  8. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *drags thread back on top for Shoe to find*
  9. IEatPoodoo Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, there is a glass of blue milk in the Forbidden Love trailer... Look all the way to the right when Anakin throws his fit and says "He's holding me back!" It's also behind Padme in the next scene...
  10. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, Poo, I saw that. Ticked me blue. Imagine that. blue milk here. *brings in a pitcher of blue milk smoothies and glasses*

Howz it going, Poo? so good to see you again. Now, if only Gun would come back for a visit. He's due, and over due for a stopover. :D
  11. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Now the question is who drinks the blue Milk....
  12. IEatPoodoo Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm good, how are you guys? Anyone going to Celebration II?
  13. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    No :( It's during finals week, and normally I wouldn't mind, but I AM graduating this semester, so....ya know how it is.
  14. IEatPoodoo Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm debating whether I want to go on just Saturday or on both Saturday and Sunday.
  15. ArtMaul Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread has got to be the most time consuming, long-winded, heavily researched, completely fallible and ludicrous theory I have ever read. Lemme guess, we keep it alive for it's novelty, much the same way we would never through out our Peter Frampton albums?
  16. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    we drink blue milk; it's soy milk with a tad of color, so the soy isn't so grimmmm looking.

no, can't go to celebration. too busy at the office. *sigh*
    can't get the time off. :_|
  17. ArtMaul Jedi Master

star 4
    Post No. 666! And I have a goatee... I think I see the evil connection now.

I dunno
  18. Ree Yees Jedi Youngling

star 5
    667...the neighbour of the beast
  19. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    "This thread has got to be the most time consuming, long-winded, heavily researched, completely fallible and ludicrous theory I have ever read. Lemme guess, we keep it alive for it's novelty, much the same way we would never through out our Peter Frampton albums?"

Well Art, yes this thread probably is one of the most time consuming, and if you actually read all, or even most of the opening, I must say kudos to you. It is in fact a heavily researched thread, put together with much love and devotion :) As for it being fallible and ludicrous, I guess that depends on who you ask. While the whole spirit of the thread is all in good fun, there are many of us who believe thoroughly in the theories put forth here, and as you can probably tell, we have put together more than enough evidence (so far, still 2 movies to go though) to back it up. So while the novelty is part of what keeps this thread alive for many here at the JC, for many others it's kept alive as the physical extension of the continuously growing and developing beard and food theories.

And yes, I still have my Peter Frampton albums [face_mischief]
  20. IEatPoodoo Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking, according to your theory, Chewie must be the ultimate good guy... Does his over hairiness make up for Han's hairlessness? If not, what is your explanation for a non-bearded Han?
  21. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Chewie is most definitely the ultimate good guy. That's why he's one of my favorite characters. As for making up for other characters' hairlessness, that's a part of the theory still up for debate. I say yes, others say no. My explanation for a non bearded Han though, is that it doesn't matter, he's not bald so he's not evil. His lack of a beard doesn't make him any less good, however if he had a beard, one would instantly know that he was good just by looking at him. As it stands, upon first seeing Han, one can't be instantly sure if he's good or not (especially if you watch the original versions and he shoots Greedo first). So by not having a beard, he doesn't break the theory, he just skips it.
  22. plocool Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I think Han would be just the scoundrel to skip over the theory w/o looking like a bad guy.

Lando's stache; half bad/ half good?
  23. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    WOW! Beardi speculatoim has definately picked up. I see we have new padawans and the occasional infidel (as usual). Well, bring 'em on, I prefer a straight fight. :D
  24. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    sweet! I'm so glad you made it queeq, I was afraid you were gonna miss out on all this great beard talk of late.

And plocool, that's precisely correct. Boy, you cath onto this whole thing quick :) Lando's stache immediately leads one to be unsure of his character, which is most appropriate. He seems good, but from the get go, it seems something may not be right, and his mustache is the perfect hairy representation of that, for as we all know, he seems good, yet he betrays our heroes. It isn't until later that his true beardiness prevails and he proves himself to be quite the good guy.
  25. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Han's lack of beardiness probably stems from the fact he was just in for the money at the beginning, when old Obi Wan, Luke, and the droids needed a ride. He did claim his monetary reward in ANH before conscience got a hold of his heart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.