main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaulsWoman

MaulsWoman Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 2, 2000
    Those are absolutely beautiful pictures Shoe. The beards do everyone justice.

2. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    OH my!!! MW here???? *blush*

:D

Yes, the beards look nice. Too bad MAce hasnt got one (yet). If he doesn't grow one for EpIII he must die...

3. tracer123

tracer123 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Hello, just saving the thread.

But I will say there was a definite lack of beard in the trailer. I couldn't really see mace's beard, it was much more bold in Vanity Fair. And just a question, Count Dooku--Beard?

4. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Dooku is the ONLY Sith we've seen with a beard -thats not to say Sith don't like beards but anyway . . .

Edit : Even Vader shaves, it might clog his breathing.

5. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    the beardiness is saved for the movie. Hopefully, more hair, stubble, and food will be in the coming trailors.

6. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    oh, oh, system is stuck again. sorry.

7. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    geez, another hiccup. sorry, folks.

8. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Ok, let's go through this again....

Dooku has a beard cause he used to be a Jedi. He used to be good and he doesn't want people to know he's totally evil now, so he's kept the beard. How could he possibly hope to convince Obi Wan to join him clean shaven? He knows what he's doing.

And don't fret folks, let's remember there is still much beardage in Episode 2. Cliegg and Owen Lars, Watto, Obi Wan of course, plus I think I spotted some peach fuzz on Yoda in the trailers. And we've still got Ki Adi and Oppo Rancisis on the Jedi Council. Bail's got the goatee action goin on, and I'm sure there's more that I just can't remember right now. And let's not forget, there's going to be plenty of food too, so I still think this is shaping up to be a good episode ;)

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    saw the clone trailer tonight when we went to see the new ET. It is absolutely awesome on the big screen. Dooku looks really interesting.

10. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Don't forget to post in the old blue milk cafe in this forum to keep it from being pruned. PM me for the link. The clone trailer on the big screen really shows the jedi outnumbered in the arena. The flashing colored lightsabres really stand out like neon lights in comparison to the dark forces attacking them. Dooku really looks like he walks the fine line; his beard looks great. Can hardly wait to see dexter's diner and the kinds of foods he serves.

11. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I wish the trailer had been attached to Blade 2 at the theatre I went to tonight... :(

I think I'll go see Ice Age next weekend.

12. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Is Shoe ready for opening night? He's dressing up and lining up.

13. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    system burp again.

14. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Did ET have a beard in the new version.... digitally added?

15. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Shoeless, have you heard/seen any more about the beards in AOTC?

Are you ready for opening night? Am still waiting for a picture of you and costume.

16. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    ok, I haven't said much about the beards cause I've kinda been wanting to save things for when the movie comes out which is only 8 days away now. I've been so busy with finals and stuff lately I haven't really had the time to follow the theory too close in the new movie anymore, but don't worry, in just 8 days things explode :) And Keo, don't worry, you'll get the pics as soon as can get a real picture with a real camera that I can actually mail you.

17. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Ok well it's finally arrived so there's much to discuss. I guess I"ll kick things off a bit. I must admit there wasn't as much beardage as I would have liked in this movie, but nothing too dissapointing and nothing which hurt the theory which was good. More on that later. I must say though that there was a ton of food and drink in this movie which was awesome. And all of it seemed to reinforce the food theory as all of the characters who ate or drank eventually die. Good stuff. Well that's my very basic first impression for now. Feel free to add. Also, I just have to say that this film was SOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! It totally blew me away. ok, that's it for now, thanks

18. tracer123

Sep 26, 2000
    Well, I metioned this in the Community Thread, but Ill say it again. I am going to open this thread up in the Episode III Spoilers forum. There will be a lot more participation there, and we will be having Episode 3 spoilers and speculation so its almost a must. See ya there.

--Tracer

19. tracer123

Sep 26, 2000
    Well I think shoe should do the honors of closing this place but Ill give the official notice.

This is the new thread located in the Episode III forum:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7025978&replies=4

Enjoy!

--Tracer

20. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Nice move Tracer, glad to see I'm not the only one left. Ok 2 questions.

Should we leave this place open for discussion of things from AOTC or should we let that spill over into the new thread?

And if it's time to declare this place officially and finally dead, is there a way for me to close it or do I have to get a mod?

21. tracer123

Sep 26, 2000
    Ok shoe here's the deal: Ill PM Vert to close this place since he's pbeen wanting to forever ;) . The reason to close it is because many things from AOTC are discussed in the Ep 3 forum considering there arent to many spoilers yet. So we are safe to clean up with AOTC stuff over there. Of course the forum will become more strict in time, but for now we have plenty of time to wrap up. So shall we? Say the last words shoe.

22. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    And it is with great sadness that I officially declare this thread closed, but it is a bittersweet ending, for as I look into the horizon, I see a glimmer of hope. The sparkle of the future glints off the silky beards of Episode 3, and so the saga continues. Like the great nomadic tribes of Tatooine, so go the proud Beardi. Our future's so bright, we've got to wear shades :cool:

23. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :( :( :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

so many friends, so many memories

*goes to look for new thread*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.