main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

I think outlandish hair = good girl, really. Though there aren't actually any bad ones, I don't think, so take that as you will.

2. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Well it's true we haven't really encountered bad girls in SW, unless u count Aurra in TPM, but as outlandish as her hair is, I think she's closer to bald, given she IS bald despite a topknot, so the baldness makes her an underhanded character which keeps the theory in tact. Outlandish hair on women has indeed been present in all the movies though and so far upholds for women that the more outlandish the hair the stronger the female and the more good she is. We had Leia in the OT, and Padme in TPM and I think we'll see many women including jedi, who'll keep this idea going on Episode 2. If the women on the Jedi Council in TPM were any indication of things to come, the theory on outlandish hair certainly holds water. Now onto the scantily cladness. While it doesn't concern food or beard theory, a new theory may be at work here. Scantily clad women have been few and far between in SW but have always seemed to be good or at least in a bad position where you know they're good but can't really do anything. ie. Twilek slave girls. I don't know if being scantily clad has to do with anything, but until we see some bad girls with little hair who are scantily clad, I think we may be onto something....

3. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I agree. Scantily cladness is a virture of good.

4. Darth-hole

Darth-hole Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2000
    Jabba seems to like scantily clad women in his palace. perhaps he likes to surround himself with their goodness. hmmm

5. Darth_Dolza

Darth_Dolza Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2000
    What about women with moustaches? Where do they fit in this, should one appear in Ep. 2?

6. Darth-hole

Darth-hole Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2000
    i dont think we should or will ever see women with moustaches in star wars!

7. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Hi everyone. Just a moment to speculate with ya'all before I head to the salt mines. Scantily clad women have nothing to do with beards and food theory. Careful. Vert is watching closely. Bearded women, wookies and possibly other species. Bald women, Aurra Sing. Will she make an appearance, and when did she turn bounty hunter. The Fett gal, what's her name again--do you think we'll see what she looks like under her armor coverings?

8. BobaPhil

Sep 26, 2000
    I believe her name is Ambu(?) Fett.

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Yes, Ambu Fett, will she be bald like Aurra Sing? Is that a sign of bounty hunters, to be totally devoid of hair, so it's not necessarily bald is evil, but totally bald as in nondiscriminate. A bounty hunter, while employed to seek someone, is on a contract, rather than a choice to do evil.

10. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Don't worry keo, the scantily cladness was just an offshoot theory. Let us not forget how the food theory started. I don't think there should be anything wrong with theory offshoots developing which directly correlate to hair and food theory. I mean if it weren't for offshoots, this thread would only be talking about beards, not even mullets or mops! But I digress cause there's nothing to add to the clothes theory yet anyway. As for Ambu, we're not even sure she's a she, in fact we know nothing of her unfortunatly. However if she IS a she, and she's a baddy, then her hair will no doubt be very short or even bald. She will not have outlandish hair. Also I must say that the same will go for Leanna Wassman(sp?)/Zam Wessle(sp? - it's too early for me) who will most likely be another baddy, and in Pedro's link to Jimmy Smitts on the first page, she can be seen with short hair indeed, though I wonder if she keeps it for the movie. I hope none of these bounty hunter women are scantily clad, or I'll have to rethink my offshoot theory....

11. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Scantily cladness and bald women? This thread is getting better every day.

Yesterday I tried to post this link but the server didn't work to well. http://www.lfi.co.uk/lowres/21031/21031907.jpg

It's a spy pic of Ewan fully dressed as OB1. Doesn't his beard look very full and bewigged when compared to the Armani photo and the other one that was on TFN the other day? I think it does and means Ewan grew himself a beard after playing OB1. Guess the beard really got to him. I bet he wants to be regarded as good and therefore grew himself a beard for real life. Has he seen the light?

queeq out

12. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Definitely good stugg queeq. Looks like that must've been a non-action scene. It's noce to see Obi keeps his bewigedness so neat and fluffed while not fighting. Much more refined than Qui-Gon ever looked. And I'll bet Ewan has seen the light.

And even better news, this was first mentioned by myself on the thread last night, and the following recently appeared on TFn:

I dont know if you guys have covered this before, but Jack Thompson, rumoured to be playing Cleigg Lars in Episode 2, appeared at the Paralympics Opening Ceremony last night with a beard. I havent been able to find a picture of him yet, but he was interviewed on the field by Triple J radio personalities Merrick and Rosso, and Thompson had a beard.
    It looked very rough - In way, very reminiscent of Uncle Owen in ANH, albeit a bit thicker and bushier.

I hope they get that pic soon! Great stuff, let's hope the beard was present during filming! Means great things for Cliegg's character indeed. I'll bet we'll see the best characteristics of Owen from ANH, without all the pesimism and skepticism, since he'll be even more bewigged!

13. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    Look forward to that Pic, Shoe.

queeq out

14. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

"Doesn't his beard look very full and bewigged when compared to the Armani photo and the other one that was on TFN the other day?"

Yeah, agreed, but he was frigging clean-shaven in the one from the other day. Dunno why they posted it.

"I think it does and means Ewan grew himself a beard after playing OB1."

Wouldn't that mean that he grew it before, and wore it during, his E2 stint? (If he has a beard as Ben, then he didn't grow it after he played Ben, I mean.)

"Guess the beard really got to him. I bet he wants to be regarded as good and therefore grew himself a beard for real life. Has he seen the light?"

Actually, I remember hearing that he was opposed to the idea, and hated growing it. And in the most recent pic, he no longer had it, so it's safe to say that he's abandoned it. I just hope they don't give him a facial wig for pick-ups this time, like they gave him the cranial wig for pick-ups last time...he'll look like those 12" G.I. Joes with the "real hair" on their faces...

15. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    I think Ewan still had A beard in the latest pic, but it was a different style. Less prominant and te mustache was gone, but a beard was still present. I guess Ewan likes a beard, but decided he doesn't want to Obi-Wan while he doesn't have to?

16. BobaPhil

Sep 26, 2000
    Well my friends, I found a picture of Jack Thompson at the Paralympic games. Whats the catch, you ask? Well....You kinda cant see his face. If anyone can enhance it, then maybe we can see more. Hes the one on the left.

http://entertainment.news.com.au/home/paralympics-gallery3.shtml

17. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

Doesn't look bearded to me. Too bad.

18. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Pedro, he could have a goatee covered by his hand...

19. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

This is true.

Direct link:
    http://entertainment.news.com.au/home/images/para-jack.jpg
    Not like the page takes that long to load, but still...

20. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    hmmm, nice work guys. I think there's definitely a beard goin on there, though it seems thin and could only 5 o'clock shadow. We must see if we can find another pic, or at least if someone could post a blow up of thompson, I think his bewiggedness would be more clear. At any rate, nice work folks!

21. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Possibly late breaking news folks:

Recent report at TFn confirms that Temura Morrison is indeed "the original source of the storm troopers" and that all the storm troopers will look like him. Now what this says about Jamgo I'm not sure, but it may change some thoughts on the storm troopers. For one, it shows that they will NOT be bald under those masks, though they will be beardless. Further help for the theory gang! Storm troopers, clones, beardless....EVIL! Hooray!

22. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

If stormtroopers are clones of Jango, they wouldn't look exactly like he does at any given point, except by amazing, amazing coincidence.

Hell, even a single one wouldn't, let alone all of them - they'd have his genetic information, to be sure, but in that information (since he's a human male) is stuff like hair, facial hair, etc. And maybe every stormtrooper, for whatever reason, decides that he wants to grow a beard. They're not going to be technically unable to do so, just because Jango recently shaved...

So maybe one has long hair. Maybe one has pink hair. A million could have goatees. Two million could have beards. Etc., etc., etc.

Plus, this is not even mentioning the effect of environmental factors and such...

23. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    Pedro, u very well might have a point, but we can't be sure until we see exactly how the SW cloning process works. I mean how do we know an SW clone isn't just an exact copy, rather than something grown from DNA which develops into something unique? Also, I would think the stormtroopers would have to follow strict codes and probably are free of much (if any) independant thought, so whatever their hair may be, it's probably all the same.

24. BobaPhil

Sep 26, 2000
    I agree. Uniformity would be key for stormtroopers. I would imagine that they would have short hair due to the easy upkeep of that kind of hair. Soliders dont have time to keep things nice when they are in combat. Short hair would make sense.

25. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

"I mean how do we know an SW clone isn't just an exact copy, rather than something grown from DNA which develops into something unique?"

If it were like a photocopy and just stayed stagnant forever, then I guess they'd have whatever facial hair Jango had at the time he went in the booth. I, for one, hope he had stubble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.