The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  2. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    Beards and long hair don't go well with those ST helmets, I think. Maybe they genetically alter the inconveniences of facial in these clones that will cause them to have no hair at all.

queeq out
  3. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ewww, no hair at all? Sounds kinda creepy....but very EVIL!
  4. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    Right? I still believe the theory will stand. Guess what that would have looked like when Han and Luke got those uniforms off: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww.

queeq out
  5. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, Stormtrooper clones bred hairless disturbs me, so I hope we don't see it. So provided that they do grow hair, I would think they would follow similar protocol as many highly regimented military organizations do, and that's very short hair and no facial hair. That way there's no uniquness or individuality amongst the clones. Plus it's neater, as many have stated.
  6. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm with Shoe on this one.

queeq out
  7. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Queeq, BobaPhil, Shoe, Monks, Dim, Sebulba, do we agree that Count Dooku has a nice full beard and mustache? Did we talk about him and his beard earlier? Chris Lee plays him, right? I can't remember, for some reason. That means he's a good guy, right?
  8. Pedro Force Ghost

star 4

Hey, keo. Yes, Dooku has a full beard and mustache. Yes, we've talked about him and his beard before. Yes, Christopher Lee plays him. But Lee says that he's a bad guy.
  9. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    Up on TF.N they posted Rick McCallum talking about Lee's character. To quote from the article:

"He also says that he never thought of Lee for the role because he was looking for someone "tradditionaly more evil".
    He also says that Lee will use a lightsabre.

So, does this make Lee an evil bearded character or just someone who gives off that "evil vibe" while still being a good guy?
  10. Darth-hole Jedi Master

star 2
    i dont think we'll know the truth til episode 2 is released. my guess is that he will be good (whatever anyone says).
  11. Pedro Force Ghost

star 4

My god, you guys hang on tight...I guess I have to give you a point for tenacity; still, at some stage, you'll have to accept the truth.
  12. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    Dont worry Pedro, I think it is safe to say that Lee's a bad guy. Now we have to tie it into the beard theory somehow. That's the task at hand.
  13. Pedro Force Ghost

star 4

Thanks, Phil. Makes me feel better that you can admit it. :)
  14. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    "McCallum talks Lee's Character
    Sun, Oct 22, 00 12:38:54 PM EDT

King Jedi sends this in:

I've just got my copy of Star Wars Magazine U.K and in an interveiw with Rick McCallum he confirms that Christopher Lee's character will be using a lightsaber. He also says that he never thought of Lee for the role because he was looking for someone "tradditionaly more evil". I think this is the first time that it's been confirmed. In the same interveiw with McCallum he says that the filming they did in Spain was for part of Naboo and not Alderaan as everyone thought.
    Thanks for the alert!"

That's the full story for anyone wondering. Ok, I'm fully convinced that Lee is evil now, PLUS he uses a lightsabre definitely?! Well, I think the best way this ties into the beard theory, is that in Lee's charismatic seperatising ways, he will create a rift among the bearded of the Star Wars Universe. Because of Dooku, we may begin to see more fully bearded evil characters in 2&3 as they follow him in his evil ways. Somehow though, the beards will be redeemed, and turned back to good by the OT. IMHO that is....
  15. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If Dooku is fully bearded and mustached as all good beards are and presumed to be of the light side, then if McCallum says Lee's an evil person, this is perhaps who the turn-coat is or double crosses somebody good.

BTW, in one of the threads I was reading last, there was a mention of a POV. What is this POV and what do the letters stand for.
  16. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with you keo. I think it will be Dooku who uses the beard as a front of goodness to betray another.

It stands for Point of View, meaning that we will see what the character sees, or an angle very similar to what they are seeing.

An example is the trench view in Lukes Death Star run. We are looking out the cockpit and see the towers firing at the ship. This would be what Luke is seeing. His POV.

17. Pedro Force Ghost

star 4

"Ok, I'm fully convinced that Lee is evil now, PLUS he uses a lightsabre definitely?!"

FINALLY. That's nice to see. I'm curious, though...why were you not convinced when I brought this up a week or two ago? Sincerely, I'm curious.
  18. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There is so much wild speculation out there, but if McCallum says it is Lee's character. Is Dooku supposed to be a jedi knight, if he carrys a light sabre, or is he of some other position?
  19. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    I have not lost faith in Dooku, myself. The Australian magazine with all the actor's pics in it described Dooku's character as "a charismatic rebel". That doesn't sound too evil. Maybe he's bad for a while in the sense that he separates himself from the Council as he sees them going down the drain and doesn't want to be dragged down along with the rest of the Jedi. He may turn out to be fighting the right cause in Ep2.

And IF he is evil, we can always consider him the exception that confirms the rule.

queeq out
  20. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats right. We know he is a seperatist or rebel, but against what we dont know. He could be one of the first to realize what Palpy is doing and stand against him. The rest of the jedi do not see Palpy as evil yet and thus, Dooku is a seperatist/ rebel. Possible, however unlikely.
  21. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, I agree, the turn-coat, but does he turn-coat for the sake of the council. If the council has digressed itself to a watered down pompous forum full of itself, yes, they have diluted themselves to become weak, no match for superior evil forces. If the dark side penetrates the council, maybe Dooku has to take steps to actually "save" those few on the council who remain true to the light side, thus the charismatic "jedi".
  22. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    He might go against the Council because of the way they are. Settled, institutionalised and inflexible. Qui-Gon, a major beard I might add, stressed focusing on the Living Force and was defiant towards the Council. Maybe it's the living Force that causes beard growth and also defiance to the settled ways of the Council.

queeq out
  23. Pedro Force Ghost

star 4

"The Australian magazine with all the actor's pics in it described Dooku's character as "a charismatic rebel". That doesn't sound too evil."

Remember, queeq, TFN said that caption was incorrect.

"I have not lost faith in Dooku, myself."

The real question is why you ever had it.
    1. There's never been any evidence, or even speculation, that this guy is good. At all. Ever. You have nothing to go on in that department.
    2. There *was* speculation that he was shady.
    3. Then more such speculation, suggesting an evil cat.
    4. Then the storyboards, in which we see him in cahoots with Jango Fett.
    5. Owning an arena filled with super battle droids and destroyer droids which at his command attempt to murder large numbers of Jedi.
    6. Lee tells you to your face in the French Insider that he's bad.
    7. McCallum tells you to your face that he's bad.
    8. He's Christopher Lee, for crying out loud! They didn't cast him because Dooku's a really swell guy.

"If the dark side penetrates the council, maybe Dooku has to take steps to actually "save" those few on the council who remain true to the light side"

He's evil!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. queeq Force Ghost

star 4
    But...... he has a beard.....

queeq out
  25. Pedro Force Ghost

star 4

Dude...queeq...come on...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.