main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq The Official Question of the State of NM...Red or Green? (just for fun)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Mar 10, 2003.

?

The Official Question of the State of NM...Red or Green? (just for fun)

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Red

50.0%
  2. Green

16.7%
  3. Christmas (Red&Green)

25.0%
  4. Don't touch the stuff..it's EVIL!!!

8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  2. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I like green but I am not found of being on the toilet for hours after I eat it.

3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    LOL! The hotter the better!!

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    i am the wuss in the group having not grown up on the stuff i stay away from it... maybe i will get used to it but i don't know i am not about to order my hamburger at mucdonalds (or pizza) with it on it... ewww, on the side so i can push off on someone else and give me some nice bland british food....

5. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    My wife and I were in London last August and we had some fantastic food....not bland at all! Of course we ate at McDonalds everyday! LOL!!! OK...I am kidding....we ate Pub food almost everyday we were there! While we were in Munich....we ate brauts and beer....ok ok and some McDonalds too!

6. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    All I remember of the food in England when I was there about 10 years ago was that a side salad was sprouts on a slice of bread, that McDonald's hamburgers had a TON of onions, and the locals favorite "imported" beer was Coors!!!!!!

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yummy british foods...drool... they do have great foods in britian and some great fattening deserts! hehehe

8. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Varza -

My sis-in-law is from England (York) and goes to visit about once a year. I always ask her to bring back some tea and digestive biscuits (the chocolate covered!) Can't find them anywhere here. (MMMMM..getting hungry again.)

9. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    I'm gonna go with green on a cheeseburger, and red on everything else.

The only memorable food during my trip to England was at an Indian restaurant in London. Very good, but I had to get up extra early to be sure I'd make it through the next morning's plane ride without any accidents. [face_plain]

10. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    man... Redgek you needed to try the summer pudding. talk about yummy... if i explain it i will just want to eat it...

I looked in the phone book for pubs and can't find any... i want some fish and chips

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Varza,
    I just saw a ad that Carl's Jr has Fish & Chips now! LOL! I can just imagine what they taste like. Hamburger joints need to stick to hamburgers!

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think i will agree with you on that one. I will wait until I find a real British pub to get my fish and chips at...

14. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    You're right, V. There's a lot I didn't get to do, see, and eat during my short time in England.

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    so why do people put chili on things it just covers up the flavors.... at least i think it does...

16. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I love the way red chili blends all the flavors in an enchilada mmmmmmmmm......
    I know it takes time to develop it we had friends from Texas that just couldn't understand.

17. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    >>so why do people put chili on things it just covers up the flavors.... at least i think it does...

I felt that way when I got here in '94, having grown up on Tex-Mex. I've since acquired a taste for New Mexican, and even a fairly regular craving for Red or Green. I don't think NM food is better, but it's just as good, and it's nice to get something different.

When I want less red/green and more flavor, Los Betos works for me. I like it from the drive-thru late at night with a couple of beers, sitting my fat arse in a recliner, watching whatever's on Comedy Central. :D

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    [face_laugh] you crack me up!

Where's Los Betos?

BTW, the fiery food show was last weekend - talk about putting chile on everything! Chile on peanut brittle (red), mangoes, pickles, you name it. Had to try it at least. I must say, most of it is pretty tasty, but you can't taste anything else after the first 10 minutes of sampling.

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    My wife and I wanted to go to that! But we got stuck working! :(

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i almost went to that but was cheap didn't want to spend money to go in. One day maybe I will try it, went ot Guardunos last night and would of but my stomach had been bothering me all day i thought it probably wasn't best...

21. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    There's a Los Betos on Gibson, but I prefer the one on San Mateo and Lomas. It's been a while since I've eaten there. We moved to the west side last year and it's a little far to drive with take-out.

If anyone here tries it and thinks it sucks don't blame me. I'm not recommending it, I'm just saying that I like it. :D

22. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    must try it out anyways...

23. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    There's a Los Betos on Gibson, but I prefer the one on San Mateo and Lomas.

That place rocks! Food is cheap, they're open REALLY late, and did I mention cheap.

I like the one on San Mateo and Lomas best. I used to manage the McDonald's on San Pedro and Menual and every Saturday night after closing I head to Los Betos and grab a chicken burrito. It was simmered in red chili and I would get cheese and sour cream on it. :) I could go for one of those right now. There's no good Mexican food within 40 miles of Boston.

EDIT: Oh yeah, red chile is the way to go. Green is good but red has more flavor to it.

24. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Moby -

We feel your pain. Lack of good chile is too tragic. My best friend moved to Kansas City a while back, and when I visit her this weekend I promised to bring a few pounds of frozen chile to her. Hope airport security is ok with that....

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.