main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Question Thread: Newbies Ask Any Questions You Have!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Agent_SkywalKer, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    No problem Saphire. :)

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  3. KudarMubat15

KudarMubat15 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2005
    I have two questions.

1:
    On the member names, I know the colors mean that someone is a staff member, or a VIP, but what color means what?

2:
    I see your icon gallery must be updated constantly. There are zillions of avatars there. Is there a place where members can just give tf.n more icons to add to the gallery? If not, then who made the ones already there?

4. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    1) VIPs, former mods/managers/administrators usually just use the color red while Fanforce VIPs are usually blue. Current mods can change their colors whenever they like. :)

2) You can submit icons in this thread. However, they have to be voted upon by icon artists, and the ones with the highest amount of votes are uploaded. :)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    to a) as A_S said above, blue VIPs you are belong to FanForce. The blue VIPs are Chapter Reps (CR) and their job is to organise meetings. And as another addition, game winner get VIP-status as well and they can change their color as much as they like - as long as their VIP-ship last of course. ;)
    And like Mods, Managers and Admins of the JC, the RSAs and GSAs of the FF can change their color as much as they like, too.

So there are normally only three kinds of color:
    red - former Mod/Manager/Admin/RSA/GSA or TFN staff member
    blue - CR
    lots of colors and variations - current Mod/Manager/Admin/RSA/GSA and game winners with just VIP-status

Sometimes you'll see are some few exceptions, but if you take a look at the title and/or sig, you can see what they are.

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Up for more questions and the newbies. :)

7. dount_cooku

dount_cooku Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Disreagrd: I found "What does the topics with lines through them mean?" is a locked topic.

cheers

Dave

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I created a Halloween Sock to many.
    Can I somehow delet it myself, or whom do I ask to do so?

EDIT: Ew! Just found out that I might indeed have registered under my first choice name once. Can something be done about it? Not that I want it anymore (Raguel), but so it'd be free again...

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    No. We don't delete Usernames from our database unless they are highly offensive.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    What do you mean by "created one too many"?

Normally you can creat as many socks as you want. There's no limit.
    Only Admins/GSAs can delete usernames, but they don't do it, because it can cause board trouble IIRC.

So there's just one opportunity: Just don't use that sock. ;)

11. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    This name? If you want to know what the password was to it, you can PM an administrator (you can find them in Communications).

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Skiara By one too mayn I mean, that it was a panicked action, because I thought the other Sock had been lost in the www. Would not be the first time that happened to me.:(
    But then the other Sock reappeared and now the second ir Too much. *shrugs*
    Is there a Sock-Adoption-thread?;)

Jedi_Daniel
    That's the one I mean. And it seems I felt creative about my password that day...
    But if Usernames aren't deleted anyway, it can as well stay the way it is. *shrugs*

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see, Lanna. :)

The only thread for socks is this one. ;)

Sadly no adoption thingy for socks. ;)

14. coren

coren Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Hi folks,

How do I post a poll?

Thanks.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Hi Coran! :)

If you want to post a poll, just click on the link "create poll", which you can find next to "post new topic" in the header.
    But not every board allows posting polls, some have disabled this function because of abuse. But if it is allowed, you can see it in the header.

16. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    We also have a whole board dedicated to polls that you may enjoy. :)

Census Forum

Welcome to the boards! :)

17. coren

coren Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Cool, I thought it was something simple. Must be deactivated in the board I'm looking at (Revenge of the Sith), cause I didn't see any "Post Poll" options. There are newer polls there, so it must either be a recent change, or maybe an admin only function.

Thanks.

18. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    I have a question.

I've seen people get their usernames changed from time to time. Is it possible for anyone to request a name change, or is it one of those things where only the "privileged" can do it?

19. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Name changes are extremely rare and don't usually happen unless there is a very, very good reason to do so.

20. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Ah, as I feared. Thanks anyway!

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Take a look at the authors of the polls. Are they colored? Red or multi-colored? Then I would say it is an admin only function. :)

22. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    Cool, just the topic I was looking for, but just to clarify, if I wanted to change my name I would have to just create a new profile or username or whatever, right?

23. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Correct. :)

Our admins don't even have the technical ability to change usernames, so asking them would not be of any use, no matter how good your reasons might be. ;)

And to expand on the topic of polls - it is not an admin-option only, but they (and managers) have the ability to edit a board to allow or disallow polls. When the feature is turned on, anyone is able to create a poll, but on most boards it will only be turned on for a few moments until the mod created the poll he wanted and then turned back off before you even notice it was there. ;) Most forum mods accept suggestions for polls via Private Message though - no guarantee they'll start it for you, but definitely worth a try! :D

//edit: typo

24. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    Ok cool, thanks. :)

25. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Is there a way that you can view the list of the users that are watching you? Do you OM a Mod or an Admin for it? I'm sure this had been asked before but the board's seach and google site search turn up nada. Also, I didn't have the patience to link through 15 pages of "Wat do colrs maen?" :D

Thanks,
    Bgii_2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.