main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Re-Watching the Entire Series Over the TCW 2011/2012 Break Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I have decided that since it's going to be an ungodly month waiting for the next TCW episode, I'm going to re-watch all of TCW. This thread is for myself and anyone who cares to join me to report where they currently are in the series and what their thoughts are, whether they see things differently or the same as they remember them, etc.

I watched Ep. II and all of the micro-series up until and including the scene where Anakin becomes a Jedi Knight last night and this morning to set the tone, and I am about to watch all of TCW in the chronological order of the stories instead of when stuff was released (which is a change for me). I'm not telling others to do this, but this is the order I'm going to go in for the beginning of the series:

The Hidden Enemy
    The Clone Wars (film)
    Supply Lines
    Ambush
    Rising Malevolence
    Shadow of Malevolence
    Destroy Malevolence
    Clone Cadets
    Rookies
    ARC Troopers

Also, unlike the last time I watched through the whole series, I pledge to not skip over Bombad Jedi and Evil Plans.

So please join me in re-watching all of TCW while we're waiting for the conclusion of the Slavery arc and use this thread to let us know where you are, what order you're going in, and what your thoughts are as you go along. :D

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sounds fun. Maybe I should open another chatroom and we could have a LACWAC marathon party. Maybe like a season 2 marathon. I don't know if I have the patience to try and watch them chronologically. If not that then just an arc like the Geonosis arc, or the Mando arc from season 2, or Umbara.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't think that's a good idea to place Clone Cadets, Rookies and ARC Troopers together. They form an arc, but we can see that some time has passed between the episodes.

4. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah, doesn't the listening post ep with the Shineys take place between 2 of them? THen mention one of them getting killed there.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    In ARC Troopers they tell 99 how Hevy died in Rookies, that might be what you're thinking of.

Honestly, watching Clone Cadets there won't bother me but ARC Troopers will probably feel a little awkward. But where would be a better place to put it in the order? I've always just watched straight the seasons in normal order so I'm trying to piece all the little prequels and sequels together this time. Watching The Hidden Enemy before the TCW film just worked out nicely.

That sounds awesome! Count me in. :D

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We just need a time, a date, and to figure out what everybody wants to watch then.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm a good eight weeks behind so I'll be catching up over the break.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Cat and Mouse should be first on that list, Tarkas.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Damn!!! I had a feeling I was missing something!!!

:_|[face_frustrated]

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I couldn't even be bothered to figure out the chronological order. Wasn't there an official thread for that?

This is a fun idea. I was thinking about watching episodes I haven't seen in a long time, or that I have seen only once. I don't think I have the time to watch the whole series again.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Fun idea. I'll join in the fun. Just say the dates/times!

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There is no official structure, just watch what you want when you want and use this thread to discuss what you're watching and what your thoughts are. If you're like H_J you don't even necessarily have to watch the whole series to participate. There will be scheduled dates/times if we do that chat room thing Seerow was talking about, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

I need to start over because I overlooked Cat and Mouse... o_O

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I might make and separate thread for a TCW marathon party later.

I think I'll indulge in my favorite characters' story arcs in a Domino Squad/Rex marathon over this break. Probably starting Thursday when I'll have the time. I think this is what I'd biasedly like to invite people to watch with me. I enjoy others insights. I consider Rex and Domino Squad's story arcs to be intertwined so I watch those as part of one large arc. The order I go in is:

1. Clone Cadets
    2. Rookies
    3. ARC Troopers
    3. The Hidden Enemy
    4. Movie
    5. Grievous Intrigue
    6. The Deserter
    7. The Citadel
    8. Counter Attack
    9. Citadel Rescue
    10. Darkness on Umbara
    11. The General
    12. Plan of Dissent
    13. Carnage of Krell

-The movie is watched because it was the formal introduction to the characters and establishes Rex's relationships with Anakin, Ahsoka, and even Obi-wan.

-There may be other arcs and single episodes like the Muridun arc, "Trespass", Blue Shadow Virus arc, and "Cargo of Doom" that fit within Rex's character arc. Those episodes provide a little development for Rex. If I watched them I'm not quite where to place them.

-I am aware "ARC Troopers" would not come immediately after "Rookies". But since Echo and Fives are not in "The Hidden Enemy", The Movie, etc. I think whatever happened in the space of time between those two episodes was off screen for Rex, Echo, and Fives although other TCW episodes may have gone between. In "Darkness of Umbara" those off screen adventures must be the 'old times' and this is also the first time Fives met Hardcase who first appears in "The Deserter".

-"Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter" I believe comes after "ARC Troopers" and "The Movie". "Grievous Intrigue" is played only because its forms an arc with "The Deserter". Both these episodes could have come before "ARC Troopers" depending on if you think it happens before or after the intro of Ahsoka. Grievous's parts can also be tied into "ARC Troopers". Ahsoka is seen at the beginning of the arc. I believe the dialogue in "The Deserter" carries more weight following "ARC Troopers". Now we can account for the many brothers Rex has lost on screen. Its arguable that Rex is some kind of father figure with Echo and Fives and they are oddly the children he is at first referring to. This can also be thrown back to the Ryloth Trilogy but that doesn't fit directly into Rex's story arc. This is where Rex first learns he can make his own choices and where his definition of a good soldier begins to change.

-The Citadel arc is included mainly because of Echo's death which is some kind of event in the arc. I think those events turned Fives into a clone desiring to be more than just another number. Pretty iconic given his nickname.

-The Umbaran arc was the next step. It finally moved Rex past where he was at the end of "The Deserter". There are modest connections with that episode, the cap of time between "Rookies" and "ARC Troopers" and even with The Citadel arc. I'm hoping to reexamine these since I've never watched the entire Umbaran arc as the end of this marathon.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, they do have that scene in ARC Troopers. Clone Cadets definitely comes before Rookies, and ARC Troopers definitely comes after Rookies. But I agree, there might be some time in between them, especially between Rookies and ARC Troopers. Rookies ends with the new (surviving) troopers being congratulated for their efforts in successfully thwarting the Separatists' attempted attack on Kamino... and then ARC Troopers features the Separatists attacking Kamino after all. So if there's no time in between, it makes their efforts seem wasted (and the acknowledgement of them to be a little pointless in retrospect).

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I agree that it's not ideal and am open to alternative suggestions. Do any other episodes reference the impending attack on Kamino?

Seerow, please continue to keep us updated on that. I think doing one arc at a time would be a good idea. Feel free to use this thread to organize it if you'd like.

So I am currently making my way through:

Cat and Mouse
    The Hidden Enemy
    The Clone Wars (film) <<<---<<<
    Supply Lines
    Ambush
    Rising Malevolence
    Shadow of Malevolence
    Destroy Malevolence
    Clone Cadets
    Rookies
    ARC Troopers

Cat and Mouse and The Hidden Enemy are episodes that always came through again for me on the re-watch, and I enjoy them even more like this. It actually feels like one coherent Christophsis story, it's an entirely new experience and it really enhances the film. I've always like the opening "episode" of the film the best and going through the two prequels first just makes it even more exciting and infinitely more dramatic.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Considering that we watched the film and S1 and S2 in anticipation of S4 starting this fall, I have no desire to rewatch the series.

I haven't had time to watch any of the S3 Blu-Ray, so I'll likely watch that over the holidays, trying not to skip any of the episodes so I watch them with some distance and hopefully a more objective opinion.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The first half of The Clone Wars film is so much better than the second half. It makes me sad. The only redeeming factor is Force-lightning at the end.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    And Christopher Lee's attempt at evil laughter.

19. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    That reminds me, I still haven't rewatched Season 3...

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would love if they made a special edition of the movie with better animation. They could leave everything the same, minus the animation.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    D_Z, are you sure that's Christopher Lee?? I thought it wasn't... [face_thinking]

D_G you should re-watch S3 and use this thread to post your thoughts. :D

A-Rod, I think if they do that they should wait till TCW is over so it has the peak graphics of the series. I'd probably but it again. :p Damn you, GL! [face_pumpkin]

22. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    @Tarkas If I remember, I might. :)

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You might want to stick Ambush in there after Supply Lines, it really works well as a duology, and actually makes Supply Lines seem like a worthwhile episode. [face_hypnotized]

24. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I like Supply Lines just the way it is, thank you very much. :p

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Captain Keeli ftw.