The Official Rebirth discussion thread! (Spoilers allowed from Conq and Reb)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Apr 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Gregory Jedi Knight

I want to see Coran at least make more contact and slowly come back. Also Luke really needs to do something sone with the Order I think it will come in the next two books. How many months will pace in between the to EoV books? Is it true Mara will have her kid in the next one?
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    And you'll notice that the light from the Vong ship is shining right at where Mara's hand is resting on her pregnant belly...does it mean anything or is it random?
  3. Mecca-Don Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just bringing this thread up.
  4. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Because someone asked, yes, everything that is known and much that has been surmised about rebirth can be found in these three pages.
  5. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Check out a Greg Keyes Rebirth interview here. There's some cool confirmations and a couple minor spoilers, definitely worth checking out.
  6. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm glad the thing from Sernpidal is finally back - but Jaina and Kyp fighting it together? I wouldn't be surprised if the thing took them down while they were busy arguing. ;)
  7. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
  8. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm very pleased about the Sernpidal thing, too. I have been wondering what the heck it was for a long time.
  9. Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I completely forgot about that Serpindal thing... what books is it mentioned in so I can reread them?
    The Vong better not get that baby!
    LOL @ Kyp and Jaina arguing... on man I just thought of something gross. I know there was something hinted at Jaina and Jagged Fel... how old is he? No hooking up Jaina and Kyp! Please! He's old (and crabby)!
  10. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Sernpidal thing was in one of the Dark Tide books. I can't remember which. I think Jag is a year or two older than Jaina.
  11. Niko-Tom Jedi Padawan

How 'bout this-

Junior is born with the ability to bridge the Force "gap", or perhaps is able to enlighten the Jedi as he pops out. ALL of a sudden, the Jedi can sense these beautiful creatures from another galaxy far, far...
  12. Anakin-Solo16 Jedi Padawan

It looks like Luke wont be seeing any action in Rebirth. I was hoping he would start kicking Vong @ss!!!
  13. Grand_Admiral_Xian Jedi Knight

star 1
    "And you'll notice that the light from the Vong ship is shining right at where Mara's hand is resting on her pregnant belly...does it mean anything or is it random? "

first off, when did this happen... so I can re-read it, and figure out whats going on...

Second...

We need a fleet of Super Star Destroyers, and support vessels to just roll over sernpidal when the vong aren't looking... just becuase SSDs kick major ass... Thats just how it is... I'm thinkin... 15 SSDs, 3 ISDs per SSD, and 6 VSDs per ISD + their supports and fighters... that would kick ass...
  14. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    GAX

I was referring to Rebirth's cover image, not an instance in the text.
  15. Barbarella Jedi Padawan

This worries me intently:

---

SKF: How much of Rebirth will focus on Mara's pregnancy, Luke's impending fatherhood, and the Skywalker baby itself?

GK: It's a significant subplot. And there are other complications . . .

SKF: How far through Rebirth is the Skywalker baby born?

GK: Oh, I wouldn't look for it early on. If at all

---

'If at all'? Huh? No baby? If they kill it...
  16. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah... thats weird. Can't wait to see what Greg has done with Rebirth. I'm sure its gonna rock.
  17. JoJo Jedi Knight

What??!! Don't look for the baby's birth early on or at all??
    But GK said in an interview that he sent a list of possible baby names to LFL (i think thats it) for them to chooses one. Why would there be a need for a name if the baby isn't born???
  18. JoJo Jedi Knight

I've just read the whole interview, and feel kind of silly. I think GK is saying that the birth won't be in the book, not that the baby wont be born. In other words, he wont get all sraphic on us like Tim Zahn with the solo twins.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    Crazy Bothan Admiral huh?

It seems we'll be having some fleet action here...hopefully.

And where is the all powerful Galactic Remnant! At least they still remember how to fight.

~ Grand Admiral Jello~
  20. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Come on guys, he's just trying to worry you, it's been pretty much confirmed that the birth will be in there.
  21. Supreme_Overlord Jedi Knight

star 1
    Corran will be in it. In the interveiw with Keyes, He said that he had to get back to the main characters Luke, Leia, Han, Jacen, Jaina, Mara and he said corran along with a few other names.
    It seems that Leia and Jacen will be setting up some sort of Jedi underground railroad. It also says to look for Han and jacen to have a "father-son talk"...but what kinda talk? Girls? Is it that he is almost an adult now? or is it that he should be more active in fighting the vong? Maybe this will get Jacen back out ot the front, cuz admit it...when Jacen fights, He schools.
  22. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    up, because I saw a thread similar to this.
  23. sweetheart Jedi Master

star 4
    What does everyone think of the excerpt? I liked it a lot :)
  24. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The excerpt was great. Han was portrayed perfectly. It was good to see him and Leia interacting again.

I seems Rebirth will be quite the swashbuckling adventure, but maybe better prepared and acted out than DT was.
  25. Darth_Duck Force Ghost

star 4
    crazy Bothan Admiral, Corran, yes, uh-huh, uh-huh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.