~ * ~ The Official "ReBoot" Thread ~ * ~

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Valyn, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Having lived in Canada for most of my life, I'd become quite the YTV fan during my childhood and early teenage years. One particular television program remains embedded within my mind--ReBoot. :D

I've heard that America's Cartoon Network had access to a few episodes, but I'm not sure if the entire series was played in chronological order in the 'States. I've seen a few of the latest episodes down here, though, including the episode where Dot came dangerously close to marrying Megabyte. :eek:

Is anyone else here a ReBoot fan?? :D
  2. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    I remember that show. Megabyte was bad ass!
  3. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    OMG i loved it! Guess what they restarted the series last year!

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-2138/

I only remember it from when i was 10 years old though. It was kwite big in the UK. well medi-ocre success
  4. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    They're restarting the series??? :eek:

The last episode I saw in chronological order was the one where Bob went into Mainframe's core to fix all the sectors. The User rebooted the computer and the entire system was restored. At the end of the episode, all of the heroes were seated in a concert hall, watching a play delinaeting their heroics. :D

I thought that was the very last episode, until, on Cartoon Network, I saw an episode where Dot was getting married to Bob. And there were two Bobs! :eek:

So, what did I miss between this absurdly strange gap? :confused:
  5. Paranorina Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I remember that show, back then when CGI could still impress me. Alwayes thought the main bad-guy whos name I cant remember, looked like Apocalypse from X-men. :)
  6. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    There're new episodes??

cool, didn't know that.

I did watched it
  7. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Thanks for the URL! I found that I completely missed the entire fourth season! :eek:

Does anyone know how I can get to see it? The mentioned URL says that the third season is on DVD, but doesn't say the same for the fourth. :(

I loved how intense the series became when Bob was lost. I didn't expect any of that. The series was always so childish and fun, and then, suddenly, BAM! Young Enzo Matrix is forced into the role of neophyte Guardian! :eek:
    It was so awesome! :D
  8. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
  9. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    YESS!! A REBOOT THREAD! This show is amazing! I used to watch it all the time on YTV. The "last episode" was good too. Last year I turned on my TV and there was an episode that I had never seen before. I was like huh they brought it back??? But I don't watch YTV a lot anymore so I have not seen any of the new ones.
  10. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    I've heard that Canada had two ReBoot movies...but that they were played only on YTV? :confused:

I think the movies are the fourth season. :)

11. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    I may try downloading them, ill tell you if i have any luck!
  12. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Any idea if the fourth season will be available to rent or purchase? :confused:

13. GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah hayve heard thuh Word aynd thuh Word iys Daemon. Bob's loss is my gain. Oh, I'm not worthy.

Good old Mike.

ITV completly fluffed when scheduling, so us lot in the UK completley missed season 3 after "Return of the Crimson Binome" and season four? Forget about it.

This is a great Reboot site. Especially for synopsies.

The Mainframe Strolling Players are great!
    I was humming their version of "I am a very model of a modern major general" in an Exam after I'd first heard it. [face_laugh]
  14. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    Yeah ITV screwed it up big time. There is also another series on Sky 1 a bit like it. iys CG but i forgotten what its called, ill ask my sister and tell you later
  15. GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The other series may be Beast Wars...

Oh, yes. The official site

Valyn, try checking Amazon.com. They may have some indication.
  16. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    No this one has toys in the Argos catalogue as well
    Man, i cant remember
  17. jed-eye Jedi Knight

star 2
    so how exactly did the series end? the last episode i saw had a play in it. it was a musical and it recounted what happened in past episodes. was that the end?
  18. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    goto my link with the episode guides above ^^^
  19. GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was the end of season 3. Season 4 then had the Mainframers fighting Daemon the supervirus. They succeeded in the nick of time. At some point a second Bob was introduced. This was the second half of the season. The story revolves round Dot choosing whether to go with the Bob who came back from the web and merged with glitch or this other one who looks the way she remembers. If you want more info, PM me as I don't want to give away the ending to anyone who hasn't seen it.
  20. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    I've seen some of it. It was really corny...but also cool. :D

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    Man, I LOVED that show! I watched it every day when Cartoon Network aried it. To my hoor, it didn't come on one day and then I never saw it again... [face_plain]
  22. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Whatever happened when the lead character dies, and the kiddy one supposedly takes over, I missed that episode.

3000!
  23. Malazaf Jedi Youngling

star 4
    YTV = teh cool, but...
    ReBoot = not evil enough.
  24. Anaquinne Jedi Knight

star 3
    ...ReBoot!!! Wow, they bring back the original-version Bob? I've missed him! Too bad they can't get the original voice actor back too. I didn't catch the 4th season on Cartoon Network. I trust it'll be out on DVD sometime. I mean, it has to.

*Big*-time ReBoot fan here! My fave was honestly the second season. People are calling that kiddy and silly, and it was funny and silly, but there was definitely subtext in it. Don't get me wrong, Season III rocked, but on almost no other show than ReBoot seasons one and two have I gotten as much of a feeling that the show's creators were making the show that *they* wanted to make, Nielson ratings and focus groups be damned. It's a bunch of animators and writers having *fun*. Man, I love ReBoot.
  25. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    SoloCommand: "Whatever happened when the lead character dies, and the kiddy one supposedly takes over, I missed that episode."

If by "lead character" you mean Bob, he didn't die. He was lost to the Web in season two. In season three, Enzo Matrix, the young boy, is Mainframe's only Guardian. The series became much more dramatic and intense, in my opinion.
    The heroes managed to construct a firewall around Megabyte's sector, if I recall correctly. However, eventually, Hexadecimal penetrated the firewall.

The User inserted a Mortal Kombat-like game, too. Enzo reflected MK's Scorpion, and was defeated by the User's demon character. They lost the game. But Enzo, Frisket, and AndraIa did something to their icons to be carried away with the game instead of being nullified. :)

They grew up hopping from one game to the next, from one system to the next, trying to find Mainframe again. :)