main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official RHS at JC.N Handmaidens Fiction Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lieutenant Piett, Oct 9, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    I'm going to beg you to put a site up.

That takes too long to load! And you've got the pics up twice!

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm loving it! I was going to start a Handmaiden story centered around Sabe', but maybe I shouldn't because of the way you told it is almost identical to mine, even the incident with Obi-WAn! So, I'll come up with a different way and let yours go untainted. Keep up the good work!

Oh, yeah, Obi-WAn is like 25 in TPM, but then again Ani's 9 and Ami is 15, so it isn't that weird.

3. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Sorry, Lost in Coruscant. I got all excited.

4. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    CJ, do you realize how silly you make all of us look posting to a story that is no longer there????
    "There is a lot of fan fic here to read."

New story soon, please!

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, 1 installment in, only 999,999,999 to go...<G>

Yay! I'll be interested to see how the new relationships between the HMs play out...

6. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    I'm looking forward to the next segment of the revised edition.

The HM descriptions were interesting. Like GB, I look forward to seeing how the HM relationships w/ each other play out.

Yané

7. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Yeah, we do look pretty stupid.

8. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    <edited rant about the previous post not showing up, because it seems to have appeared>

Still looking forward to the next segment...
    Yané

[This message has been edited by Yané of Naboo (edited 01-25-2000).]

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Yay! New chapter editted!

Hmmm, if Eirtaé is going to act up, maybe the Queen should have left her and brought one of the "elusive twosome".....<G>

10. CrescentJedi

CrescentJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 1999
    To our admins--

Please move this thread over too. I'm going to repost much of my revised fic this weekend,and I would very much appreciate it if this were saved.

For those of you who like Sabé and Handmaiden stories, watch out! Crescent Jedi is back.

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Geez, I hate to see this thread droop like that...

More as you are ready, CrescentJedi!

<applause>

12. Yané of Naboo

Aug 21, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Yané shook her head. "Sometimes I do think you should be studied..."

LOL!!!

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
  14. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    LOL, good stories folks, i'll keep an eye on this thread.

15. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Okay, I downloaded the new Quicktime 4.1.2 because it came with the picture viewer you use to view stills from a media file. I open up the duality trailer (saved it to my comp ) then froze the scene I wanted to take a still of. Then opened picture viewer. But now I'm clueless on how to capture the still. I opened up the help file on quicktime still capturing but its very vague. I don't quite understand it.

Anyone who can explain how to capture stills from quicktime player to quicktime picture viewer???

16. Darth Duality

Darth Duality Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2000
    I didn't know how to do this either, so I fired up my copy of the Duality trailer (I edited it together on my hard drive ). With the movie open, go to FILE &gt; EXPORT. Under "Export Options", choose "MOVIE TO PICTURE". The resulting file will open with Picture Viewer.

17. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Duality:
    With the movie open, go to FILE &gt; EXPORT. Under "Export Options", choose "MOVIE TO PICTURE". The resulting file will open with Picture Viewer.

Wait, with the movie open in which program? Because I opened it in Quicktime, got to the scene, but under FILE there is no EXPORT.

Thanks for the help, by the way.

18. Darth Duality

Apr 1, 2000
    You must have to upgrade to the "Pro" version... Once you've made the upgrade, a ton of options become available. You can even export Sorenson compressed movies (although we used Media Cleaner anyway...).

19. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Oh. I would upgrade if it didn't cost 30 dollars.

Ah well

20. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Jedi Apprentice:
    Okay, I downloaded the new Quicktime 4.1.2 because it came with the picture viewer you use to view stills from a media file. I open up the duality trailer (saved it to my comp ) then froze the scene I wanted to take a still of. Then opened picture viewer. But now I'm clueless on how to capture the still. I opened up the help file on quicktime still capturing but its very vague. I don't quite understand it.

Anyone who can explain how to capture stills from quicktime player to quicktime picture viewer???

You can do it without having to upgrade. (Though I gotta tell you, $30 is pretty reasonable for the extra features of Pro, and the fact that it gives you Pro on every edition of QT from then to eternity.) When you get the image on the screen, hit CTRL + C, or the Mac equivalent for "Copy." Then just go to an image program and paste it in there. You can't paste it into a QT file as an image because you have to have Pro in order to edit video files, but if you have some kind of regular photo editor or something like that, you can paste it there. You MIGHT be able to paste into something as simple as Paint, but I'm not sure.

(Yes, it sounds like a pain, but that's how all of the screen captures for the forthcoming Prelude to Hope Annotated Screenplay were done.)

--Nathan Butler
    Co-Writer, Prelude to Hope

21. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    wow, that was easy. Thanks.

I may upgrade to Pro sometime anyway.

But still, thanks!

22. Darth Duality

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, and yet another option. If you're on a Mac, hit Command+Shift+4. Your cursor will change to a "+" sign. Click and drag to create a marquee around your image. Once you release, the image will be saved as a pict to your hard drive.

23. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    i love this thread....it's lengthy, but i love it!
    &lt;it is to be commended&gt; yay!

24. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while. Glad it's still here! I have several handmaiden fics, and I would like to share them, but I know I have to do that RHS oath thingimadoo. So, where do I find it, and how do I become a faithful member to the fabulous five? (Hello, CrescantJedi. The FabFive group needs some more stories from you!)

And, yes, I do belong to another Handmaiden group, and I hopefully will become part of this one.

Long live the Handmaidens!!
    -JoJ, A.K.A Malle (add the accent mark in your imagination.)

25. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999

More chapters have been revised! (I'm shuddering at the position poor Saché has gotten herself into. Will one of the new HMs be Liraé, by chance? &lt;G&gt; )

JediofJade, to take the oath, stop by the RHS thread in the TPM forum. We would be honored to have you join us!

Bravo, CrescentJedi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.