The Official Romance Thread: Where all you need is LOVE!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by TheEmperorsHand, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsbeauty Force Ghost

star 4
    WL do you need to share something?
  2. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
  3. starwarsbeauty Force Ghost

star 4
    Well you said you couldn't even follow your own advice so I thought you might want to tell us what is going on just to get it off your chest!
  4. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm...maybe...

Well, since this is a love thread, I'll ask for some help.

There are two guys at school who really like me and followed me around all last semester. The problem is that I'm not interested in either of them and they both don't seem to take the hint. I've been nice to them and dropped little hints like "I'm going to prom with a guy friend of mine" and such, but they don't leave me alone.

On one day, one of the guys followed me the entire day and just wanted to chat. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to realize that I needed to get my work done. He continued to talk to me even when I said (several times) "I've really got to work."

Now these guys still e-mail me and I just can't get rid of them!!!

I don't want to hurt them, but I think they're way too interested in me.
  5. darkjedi8906 Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm WLOR remember when we talked to this dude who had this really big problem with getting rid of ppl well maybe u should do what this dude did and tell him very calmly

" I'm flattered that u r this interested in me but at the time I'm not looking for a relationship I'm sorry if this hurts our feelings but i think we can still just be really good friends"

and in thhe dudes case he had 2 add friends without previlleges
  6. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    Good advice, DJ. Thanks!

SWB and Bacon -- listen to LDU...
  7. darkjedi8906 Jedi Master

star 4
    not a problem

and if by miricle chance this dude becomes a parasite ands has their dumbass new bf/gf slash your hand wih a knife and damages nerves

then u got problems

and u shoot their tires and fill them with maylox
  8. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

BTW, DJ and SWB, what I meant in one of my posts was that it's hard when you like someone to just want to be friends with that person and not want to be more than friends. I don't think I could follow my own advice in a situation like that...
  9. darkjedi8906 Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm

just shoot their tires and fill them with maylox then
  10. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

star 4
    All this talk about Prom and I get angry.

Spirit club was running the Prom (which was last night). If you volunteer to help out during the Prom, you can get in free. Being a Sophomore, this is pretty helpful because I wouldn't be able to get the Prom anyway.

We were told by the teacher that heads Spirit that we would cycle through the jobs (Bartending, Coat Check) and then go dance. At the end of the night, we all had the same feeling: our teacher had played us. We were stuck working THE WHOLE NIGHT (ALL 4 HOURS OF IT) BARTENDING AND COAT CHECK. And this is Coat check, so it might be plausible that it is not needed half way through the thing!

**venting anger** Oh well...

Regardless, I got to hang out with a good friend of mine and spend some quality time with her.

Something wierd did happen though. Near the beginning, two seniors came to us in Coat Check saying they wanted to drop off this huge duffel bag, but were coming back before dinner to pick it up. They kept stressing that it was imperative that they pick it up. They picked it up, took it to the bathroom, left the bathroom. One of them was in a huge black cloak, the other was in a $2000 Vader suit. They grab their lightsabers and make their way to the Dance Floor. Two guys are already at the DJ, giving him a cd. 4 lightsabers flash out: the 2 guys at the DJ had a blue and a green; Vader and Palpatine had two reds. The Duel was on! Vader crushed them all and started dancing to some 70's tune. THAT WAS HILARIOUS!
  11. LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Master

star 4
    What were they putting in the punch that night Eme? Just kidding.

WLOR, DJs advice is sound sans the use of knives, damaged nerves, and the desicration of tires.

To cut unwanted attention the best policy is to clearly and emphatically state your feelings AGAINST their unwanted attentions. Do so with respect and try not to do it in a cruel or unkind way, but do it FIRMLY.

Be mindful, try to do this in a PUBLIC area preferably with a couple of friends nearby. Or do this over the phone. Try not to do it whilst ALONE with this person.

Times are dark and the disturbed walk the earth all too liberally.

On the other hand, WLOR, in this time time in life try not to make the mistake I did, do not neglect your love life in favor of your career building at school.

College, especially, will open the door to other things other than Dean's Lists, 4.0s, and the fulfillment of lower and upper division requirements.

Better to get a B on that next Midterm if it means you can spend quality time with a future husband.

College is where many of us find the ones who will be our lifemates. Keep your eyes and heart open to possibilities and opportunities. It is important to learn to balance your personal life with your work life or you will end up grounded in an imbalanced and unhappy life.

Much like mine, I fear . . .

My regards to all of you. You all are embarking on exciting times in your lives. Make the most of them. I would envy you if I were not so excited for you.
  12. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for your wise words, M'Lord.

I fear I have often spent too much time studying and not enough time finding that special someone.

Hopefully in college I can find that one person.
  13. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
    dont worry WLOR, we still have alot of time left in college. In high school, you shouldnt go "looking" for that special someone. I always tried to go out and look for someone, and finally I stopped when my sister told me not to worry, someone will come when i least expect it. And so I took her advice, and 2 months later i started to become really good friends with the 4 girls i mentioned earlier (i knew 2 of them already but wasnt good friends with them) And it turns out after a few weeks, the one girl (not the one i went to prom with) and me went out for a little bit. It was the most surprising thing in my life. Trust me, a relationship will come when you least expect it, just go out and enjoy yourself
  14. sithlorderic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    so what is this fourm about
  15. LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Master

star 4
    It is about love, sithlorderic.

Question: are you using this forum to advertise things?

Just curious.
  16. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmm, this seems like an interesting forum, so I?ll bite and lay out my problem. I have known a young lady for several years and we have had an attraction of sorts. It?s the kind of thing that when we?re around each other there?s that buzz that you get when you?re attracted to someone.
    Problem one is that I think she has a boyfriend. She is with this guy most of the time that I see her, but she always goes out of her way to speak or wave to me. Granted, she is with a group of friends usually and that group will include both guys and girls. Problem two is when I first met her I was dating her roommate at the time. It was a bad breakup and the girl I was dating is always with this girl I?m attracted to and I really don?t feel comfortable asking a girl out in front of another girl I dated. What do I do? She as well as I have dated others while we have known each other, but there is still that sort of attraction no matter who we are with. Should I try to get a date with this girl that I?ve been interested in for a while or should I leave well enough alone and find someone else?
  17. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm...good question, Tarkin.

I would get to know this girl very well as a friend first. You may want to be really careful, especially since she has a boyfriend. Find out how she feels about you. If she's only interested in friendship, leave it at that and find someone else. If she's interested in you as more than just a friend, I'd talk with her and see what she thinks the two of you should do. YOu don't want to make her boyfriend mad.

As for the girl you previously dated, I take it the two of you agreed to date other people? I mean, if you break up with someone, that person noww has the liberty to date others. I wouldn't worry about your ex. If you want to take her friend out on a date, I'd call the girl you want to take out so the other girl won't be upset.
  18. sithlorderic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    yes i want people to go to my posts
  19. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Master

star 4
    WLOR, thanks for your input. Yes the ex and I did agree to see others and it has been about two years since we last dated. We have dated others since, and have spoken to each other on numerous occasions. The problem is that the ex and the girl I?m interested in are very close friends, in fact they may still be roommates now. I don?t want to step on anybody?s toes, the possible current boyfriend or my ex, so I would be courteous enough to make sure that there was no boyfriend and that our dating wouldn?t cause problems between friends. I know she has some sort of vibe for me, I can feel it when she?s around. I guess my hesitation is in that I don?t know how to approach the girl I?m interested in without the possible boyfriend or the ex being around. What would be the next step?
  20. LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Master

star 4
    Tarkin,

I would advise going and taking the girl out.

If this ex is indeed an ex then there should be no problem in you becomeing her current boyfriend.

If it causes friction then you have presented your prospective girlfriend with a choice. If she goes with you then you know you have someone that wants you.

If she goes back to him then your agony wondering 'will she return to him' will end and you know where you stand.

I advise action over inaction in this particular case

Your friend,
    Dr. Umbrus, Sith Lord of Luuuuuuv
  21. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Master

star 4
    Well put Dr. Umbrus, well put. I will take all the advice given and move forward in asking her out. This will be a day long remembered. I knew I could count on Star Wars and JW-Titus fans for good advice.
  22. sithlorderic Jedi Youngling

star 1
  23. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    DJ, DiJ, and WLOR have a bit to discuss. [face_mischief]
  24. starwarsdude2009 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What the hell, here goes:
    Anyone know how to not be prude (i think that's the word)?
  25. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    Do you mean you're all pruny...

What's a prude?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.