main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Romance Thread: Where all you need is LOVE!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by TheEmperorsHand, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSithEric

DarkSithEric Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    what do you do here

2. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Lets see...I just told the girl i went to prom with that i liked her today..she never said whether she liked me or not..she just said with her last bf they hardly talk..and with my last gf (who she used to be friends with) her n I hardly talk...Should I just let it go now and just remain best friends with her, or should i try to drop hints to her if the situation presents itself that her and me could be different (like today..i had no intention to tell her i liked her..but the situation came around and i went for it..i figured better to have at least tried..) so what do ya guys think :)

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    OMG! DEH THREADS BEN RESICETED!!!!2@21

I think you should go for it, man.

4. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    Ok IMO, if you guys have a good thing going and you are friends I would say to leave it alone unless you have some reason to believe that she likes you the same way. A friend of mine told me the same thing you told your friend and our friendship has never been the same.

That is my opinion!

If you think she likes you the same way or if you think you totally have a chance and she is over the other guy, then go for it!

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    My GOD!
    I can't beleive this thread is still around. I'm getting nostalgic...

It's always tricky when you're friends and you might want more. Some relationships can take it, most can't really. But then again, you might bemissing out on a relationship with someone you love. Very hard to decide and there are no easy answears to that situation.

6. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Need a hanky, Wolvie? ;)

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Hey if anyone knows of a girl around 16-19 who is single and likes star wars get her to e-mail me at rebeljediknight_88@yahoo.co.uk
    thanks

8. KyleKatarn96

Nov 19, 2004
    Does anyone else have any problems? I feel bad for always sharing mine, i want to try to help someone else out as well. lol

9. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    kylekatarn, I have shared problems before but they have all gotten solved and now I don't have any!

rebeljedi, I know a couple of girls like that!

10. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Hey rebeljedi, I have the perfect way to meet those kind of people - search for them on a Star Wars message board and PM them asking a/s/l like you're both eleven. Works every time! [face_plain] :p

In all seriousness, just talk to people in real life... you never know who likes Star Wars. Of course, I go to a tech school so it might be a bit different, but at least 50-75% of the people there like SW in some form (generally the ones that are the tech part and not the liberal arts and such part). Life is a lot easier when you just do stuff and don't worry about whether people will look at you weird or possibly reject you. I'm sure I look quite insane at times, but I don't really care. Oh, and I suppose I shouldn't really be commenting about the talking in real life since I technically met my boyfriend through Fanforce/online-ness over a year ago, but we live near each other during school and otherwise only an hour apart, so it's good. :p Fyi, all-online, long distance relationships generally don't work.

And seriously, nothing annoys me (and most girls who have graduated from middle school) more than "a/s/l." If you want someone on here to get interested in you, TALK to them. Read their profile and some of their posts. Ask them something about it or them in a way that shows that you actually READ it and prove to them that you're actually worth talking to and not blowing off... You'd think this would be OBVIOUS to people, but apparently not.

11. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm sure I look quite insane at times, but I don't really care.

You got that right :p

12. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    *throws stuff at Chris*

Like you're any better, Pinky... :p

13. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I embrace my pinkiness :p

14. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Litte Mara throwing stuff... Interesting... :p

15. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    The worst answer is this:

We can still/will always be friends.
    i.e. I wouldn't have an affair with you even if the human spieces was dependent on it.
    It sucks. :(

16. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000

I know. :p

Throwing stuff is fun. [face_devil]

17. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Ouch, that's tough, OOAO...

Why am I not surprised, little Mara... ;)

18. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    I got such an answer once. :_|

19. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
  20. NaomiOrganaSolo

NaomiOrganaSolo Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 8, 2005
    Hi, I've never posted in this thread before, but I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice.

My best friend (who's a guy) just got engaged to a girl he's been seeing for six months (yes I know, it's crazily fast but that's a whole other story). He's really happy and that's great. I've only met his fiancee once and that was very briefly, but she's decided she doesn't like me based solely on the fact that I'm a girl and hang out a lot with her boyfriend.

I've never had any romantic interest in this guy, we're more like brother and sister. How can I get her to realise this? If he's round at my flat when she rings, he tells her he's somewhere else. And last time we went out with some other mates as well, she reacted to finding out I was there, so he told her one of the other guys was my boyfriend (he's not, i'm single). I think this lying makes it more sordid than it is.

What can I do? I really don't wanna lose my best friend, but how can I make his fiancee realise that there's nothing more to it?

21. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    Have you tried talking to his fiancee?

It seems to me that your friends fiancee doesn't trust your friend. It is very normal for people to have very good friends of the opposite sex and this girl needs to realize that.

I would try to talk to her or have your friend talk to her and make sure she knows that it is not more than a brothe/sister relationship with you two.

Hope everything works out!

22. KyleKatarn96

Nov 19, 2004
    Yeah, I would talk to her about it. People have friends of the opposite sex. You gotta live with that. You gotta trust.

23. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    OK I need some help people so that is why I am posting here!

So here is some background.The guy who lives across the street(Seth) and I have known each other since we were 7. We just recently became good friends, when he told my sister he had a crush on me. She told my mom, who told me. I didn't really care about it at first until we started spending a ton more time together.

Well, he went to camp with us and we got closer and then on Friday we were telling everyone how much we were going to miss each other and I was sitting next to him and crying and he kept asking me if I was alright. Then we were supposed to go to our cabins and he walked me down to my cabin and told me he liked me and that he was happy he came and everything. Then he hugged me and I ended up falling asleep for about 5 minutes on his shoulder when a counselor was telling a story. We are both totally comfortable around each other but we can't act like that outside of camp and we are a little depressed and I don't want a relationship right now. I don't know what to do!

My mom told me I was kind of throwing myself at him but I don't think I am! I am not even 16 so I feel to young to date him but my mom again said that when kids date at school the way they do it is by sitting next to each other and always being with each other. That is what we do!

I would appreciate any advice! Oh and yes I know that I am to young to date!

24. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi swb!

I don't know if it's wise to accept an advice from a guy who's longest relationship lasted about 4 years, but right now I guess I'm the only one around at the boards.

Well, it looks very much like this fellow (Seth) seems to be a nice and decent guy, who cares much for you. And you seem to like him also very much, perhaps not (yet) as much as he likes you - but I'm not sure about that from my distance. ;) Perhaps you're not so sure too.

Both of you enjoyed being around the other, you got close, he didn't mis-use any opportunities. How old is he? About your age, am I right? Some questions: why are you going to miss him when he lives just across the street? Or will you just miss your "close-ness" like in the camp when camp is over? Why do you think you "can't act like that" outside? Who says so?

Even if he lives were much in your proximity, you always can start a www-relationship if you don't want to have your emerging relationship disclosed to others/Mum/society. You could learn about each other and keep it slow. Why don't want a relationship right now? Is it him? (I don't think so!) Is it you? (I don't think so too, but perhaps I'm wrong)

You enjoyed it very much while being with him in the camp - "We are both totally comfortable around each other". So what's keeping you at a distance after camp? There has to be a reason I couldn't detect in your post. Your age? I don't think it's a problem if he isn't much older than you. You're not to young in my opinion. Perhaps your Mum thinks otherwise (your Dad sure will do!). (Please remember: I'm from liberal & "rotten" Europe, you have to know :D - there are NO virgins older than 18 living in my country ;) - and 15-year-old girls are only dating 18-/19-year-old guys over here, much to the dismay of the 15-/16-year-old guys - but I guess that's illegal in the US).

If both of you agree on every terms - and you can keep it always as slow as you like - why shouldn't you both be happy if you could? So my advice: go for it, but keep it slow at first. Life is too short to taste bad wine. Ok?

25. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    BDS! Thanks for the advice! I guess I should clear a few things up! I come from a good Christian family where things like that are looked down upon! That is why we can't act like that outside of camp!

Seth is the same! He is actually 8 days younger then me so age is not a problem! Our familys are very close and he doesn't use the computer much so if we were to start writing we would be discovered quickly and I would feel uncomfortable about it!

We miss the closeness definelty! My mom also doesn't think Seth is the guy! We don't have much in common and she thinks we are just discovering the opposite sex and don't know what to do about it!Yeah Right!

I don't want a relationship now because I feel that I am not mature enough to not just mess around and break this poor guys heart!

I almost killed him when I went to a banquet with a guy he didn't like!

I think I should talk to him about all this but I don't know what to say! Oh and my parents would get in the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.