main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Romance Thread: Where all you need is LOVE!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by TheEmperorsHand, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiraniTi

KiraniTi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Love would be nice.......

2. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I love that song, Bria! :) Bad 'Ban, trying to ruin a perfectly good romance thread!

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    So do I, MJS. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] If only I had my MR soundtrack with me. :p

Love is like oxygen!
    Love lifts us up where we belong
    All you need is love!

~*~Bria

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    All you need is love...
    All you need is love...
    All you need is looove...

Ewan McGregor style ;)

5. Lt_Loki_Nightstalker

Lt_Loki_Nightstalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001
    *Jumps into foxhole and opens up with bolter* You'll never get me to love. *Shoots the jacuzzis*

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Love is a many splendered thing!

I can't wait for MR to be released! I must get a DVD player by then! :D

~*~Bria

7. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    YES! (and i didnt even see it!, i want to though!) because all you need is love...

8. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Die By my hand !
    I creep across the land !
    Killing First-born males !
    I'm Creeping Death !
    [face_devil]

9. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Ha, have at ye, false knights. True lovers, you are none.
    Before you go gung-ho on a romance thread, let's clarify the difference between:
    1. Passion.
    2. Romance.
    3. Crush/Like.
    4. Love.

10. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    all I need is her Love :D

[image=http://digilander.iol.it/Tutto2000/Images/Elisabetta%20Canalis/canalis012.jpg]

:p

11. Already-Turned

Already-Turned Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2001
    *Bitterly laughs*

Ha! Love? Bollocks!

*Stabs his Teddy bear with voodoo pins, then puts on lipstick and holds a hand over a candle's flame, untill the stench of burnt flesh fills the air, all the while sobbing deliriously!*

12. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Nice taste, Flyboy. (But romantic? ;))

Did it hurt, Already-Turned? Do you need some painkiller?

13. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Oh PLEASE, Flyboy [face_rolleyes]

Love without passion, what's the use, eaglejedi :D

14. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    It's up to each of us I guess...

But I think that there is a difference in that you love someone or that you are in love...

But I say this thread is about all kinds of love...Love is always a good thing. Wether it's between friends or lovers... [face_love]

15. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I second that wolvie. Love is a wonderful but also painful thing.

16. Yar_Kaii

Yar_Kaii Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    and it make you bleed! and cry! and do bad things to yourself and others. but it would be a damn boring life without love! ;)

17. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    i agree totally wolvie [face_love]

18. eaglejedi

Feb 2, 2001
    Interesting. Well, that's all well and good, but I'll take real Love, with a shot of Romance and a shot of Passion, for flavor.
    Passion is wanting to... you know. Passion is lust.
    Romance is being in love with love itself, with an idea of who someone might be, with being in a relationship and having someone... etc. Or it could be said, loving a person's body esp. face and making up a personality for them to go along with it. Someone else may have to explain this in more detail.
    True love is more than either, but it often goes hand in hand with (or perhaps one could say contains) the other two. Real love is loving a person as a whole, not just their looks. Connecting with and loving a person's heart and mind, having some things in common and so forth, and at the same time finding that person physically attractive, possibly even really hot. Being comfortable and able to let down your guard in their presence, and tell him/her things you don't feel like telling other people, not feeling weak, or being nervous in their presence, nor trying to put on some false mask.*1
    Or something like that. You'll think a lot of times that it's Love, when it's just a crush or like, or when it's Passion or Romance. But when you find true love, you'll know it. "You will know..."

*Except if he/she doesn't know of your feelings, but you do, esp. if you aren't sure about things, or if you are about to do something brave or stupid, as the case may be.
    1: I'm still not entirely sure about eyes. They're a physical feature, but expressive of thoughts, feelings, etc, as well, so for our purposes, I would say loving a person's eyes constitutes an important link between physical attraction and heart connection.

19. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Ahem. Misunderstanding in sight.

eaglejedi, this is NOT the Jedi Temple. Which means : nothing is said nor taken seriously here. We just have fun and take things with a light heart. We perfectly know that "real life love" is nothing like the online crushes we're playing here.

Playing serious is okay, and what you wrote is right and well said ; but don't think we do not know the true meaning of love. Don't judge us from what you read in FanForce Community. The place is flooded with crazyness and nonsense. That's our spirit.

:) :)

20. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    LOL to both of you!

eaglejedi is totally correct in my opinion.

So is Nwalme.... :p

21. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    I didn't say he wasn't right. I just wanted to make things clear. He sounded like we were all superficial brats who didn't know the meaning of love ;) if it wasn't his purpose, my apologies :) but I don't want misunderstandings to spoil our fun.

Peace!

22. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    yeah, most people can understand that we don't like to be serious all the time... and this isn't really serious love in most cases. :)

23. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    yes.... it's ok! we are very far from serious here ;) thats why i was singing and nobody was running away :eek:

all you need is love...

24. eaglejedi

Feb 2, 2001
    "It's not the Jedi Temple in here." What the devil's that got to do with anything?
    Sorry if my post sounded too intellectual for you, I was analyzing it perhaps too scientifically. I was not assuming y'all didn't know anything about it, I was just posting my two cents, based on my own experience. Geez. Is that a crime? I felt it was important to post, seeing as how Amerikan cinema consistently displays an almost complete lack of understanding of the principles I stated above, and many people in Amerika suffer from similar misunderstandings.
    As far as "seriousness" goes, don't take life too seriously, you'll never get through it alive.

25. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    dude you obviously need some good lovin' [face_love]

here, she might teach you! :p

[image=http://www.celebritaonline.com/canalis/canalis10.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.