main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index The Official Round Robin Thread. Start your own Round Robin today! September News and Discussions.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Round Robin Sock, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Round Robin Sock

Round Robin Sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    THE OFFICIAL ROUND ROBIN THREAD

Welcome fellow fanfic writers and readers to the Official Round Robin Thread. We are your hosts brodiew and DARTH_MU. Here you can find all the Round Robins currently active and inactive.

What is a Round Robin you ask?

It is a collaboration between two or more fanfic writers writing the same story in rotating turns, with a defined publishing schedule.
    While similar to a RPG, it is not. Because individual writers of any Round Robin is not simply responsible for his own characters.

First, Please look over the rules.

1. The Jedi Council Forum TOS applies in all part of this thread.
    2. No spoilers from Star Wars movies, books, games, or any other official media will be allowed in this thread.
    3. Individual Round Robin runners will have their own rules about how their Round Robin is ran. The Round Robin Sock is responsible to maintain a Master List of All Round Robins, active and inactive.
    4. Round Robin runners, please engage the Round Robin Sock in conversation (informally called PMing) when you start your Round Robin and when your RR is updated.
    5. Round Robin runners are also allowed to simply post that their RR is updated in this thread in concurrent with Rule 4.
    6. Round Robins will be considered active if updated at least once a month.
    7. Round Robins will be considered inactive if not updated at least once a month
    8 Round Robins will be disqualified as a Round Robin and removed from this thread, if only one person updates the fanfic for a consecutive three months.
    9. If for any reason a Round Robin runner would like their Round Robin removed from the Master List of Round Robins, please contact the Round Robin Sock.
    10. When contacting the Round Robin Sock as a Round Robin Runner, please give the following information:

Round Robin Name
    Round Robin Runner
    Round Robin Type. Id est. Star Wars Round Robin, non Star Wars Round Robin
    Star Wars Round Robin Era
    Star Wars Canonicity. Id est Disney Canon? Legend EU Canon? Disney AU? Legend EU AU?
    Round Robin participants
    Estimated Publishing Date
    Round Robin Synopsis
    Potential Characters in Round Robin
    Any Other Information You would like to Share

11. Finally, please PM the Round Robin Sock with any questions or simply post them here.

Don’t forget to have FUN!

2. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Monthly Round Robin News

August 2017

The Official Round Robin Thread is fully operational since July 2017.
    Your friendly hosts are brodiew and DARTH_MU.

September 2017

brodiew and DARTH_MU is still recruiting for their round robin. Please PM brodiew for more info.

News of interest:

1)Cowgirl Jedi 1701 is recruiting for her Round Robin, OMG, The Force Is A Thing! Please PM her if interested in joining.

2)brodiew and DARTH_MU is in the process of planning their as of yet untitled Round Robin. Please contact brodiew if interested in joining.

3. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Round Robin Q and A

August Question:

Question: How do you convince other people to join your Round Robin?

Answer:

Please post suggestions, everyone!

4. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
  5. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Master List of Star Wars Round Robins N-Z

Completed Round Robins

Star Wars: Edge of the Abyss Written by many different people who were dissatisfied about the NJO. Right now it is a truncated mess, Mais je me souviens. Completed in September of 2007. At least two of the authors can be still found on the boards, if not active in fanfic. TT

Staring From The Darkness The sequel to Star Wars Edge of The Abyss. Written by the same people, unfinished. Which is a pity. The fic is updated to Chapter 22 in 2008. Hey, if you guys do not object to adding mind slaves, DARTH_MU promises to finish it. As soon as the truncation issue is fixed. What do you say, Charlemagne19 and RK_Striker_JK_5?

Active Round Robins

Inactive Round Robins
    To Return to Active Status, please update your Round Robin and then PM the Round Robin Sock

OMG, The Force Is A Thing!/Round Robin Run by Cowgirl Jedi 1701. Last updated April 1, 2017

The Force Awakens Humorous Edition Run by study3600. As of July 18, 2017, it is an open Round Robin, but no one has updated it since January 2, 2016.

6. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Master List of Non Star Wars Round Robins A-M

7. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Master List of Non Star Wars Round Robins N-Z

8. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Round Robin Challenges (Please Conversation/PM suggestions)

9. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Round Robin Runners. Those who are interested in participating in a Round Robin, please PM these people.

10. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    People interested in participating in Round Robins. Round Robin Runners, please contact these people and ask via PM nicely whether they are interested in joining your Round Robin

Alphabetical list

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha willing to join Beyond the Saga Legend Star Wars Round Robins or Star Trek 2009 Round Robins. Please PM her with your plans/details.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  11. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Current Hosts of the Round Robin Sock

As of July 17, 2017. Your friendly Host of the Round Robin Thread is brodiew and DARTH_MU.

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello! :D

DARTH_MU likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! [face_dancing] Squeeing out loud. Loud. I wanna join any Robin that deals with Beyond Legends [face_batting] or Trek 2009. Booyah! [face_party] Just send me the deets by PM. [face_laugh]

DARTH_MU likes this.
  14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I... guess I wouldn't mind? Holy crap, I almost completely forgot about this one!

DARTH_MU likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Striker!!!!!! [face_dancing] I remember the RR "Edge of the Abyss". Not only was the plotting tight, but the collaboration was sweetly seamless. =D= And I'd be chuffed to read the sequel. :cool:

DARTH_MU likes this.
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    DARTH_MU , for the record, I don't think I've got any of the old notes or whatever for those stories. Sorry.

17. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I managed to find your planning thread, but of course the planning thread is also truncated.

18. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Actually, "I've got a Bad Feeling about this" is completed, as far as I knew. There was talk of a sequel, but it never went anywhere.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Sorry about that.
    Will fix

20. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Wayback Machine to the rescue!

There's good and bad news for the authors of Edge of the Abyss and Staring from the Darkness.

The bad news is that only a small part of Edge of the Abyss is saved in the Wayback Machine. This link takes you to a backup of posts 1-151, this is a backup of posts 422-436. (Click "next" in the WBM to go through the pages.)

The good news is that almost all of Staring from the Darkness is backed up. This link takes you to a backup of posts 1-141 and this link has posts 142-151 (again, click "next" to go through the pages). That means that you can rescue 20 of 23 chapters, which isn't too bad.

Also brodiew DARTH_MU I have a few more round-robins in the main fic index, should I post them here or PM them to you?

Round Robin Sock likes this.
  21. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    Thanks Chyntuck

Please PM details of more round robins to this sock whenever convenient, at Round Robin Sock.

Have a good day everyone!

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    How do you persuade people to join your Round Robin? Because so far it's just me, which doesn't really work, which is why it's currently inactive.

23. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701 -- SQUEEEing out loud. Loud. I would be willing to join any Trek round robin you even thought to put together. [face_dancing] Perhaps put feelers out in one of the Resource threads /discussion threads etc. where writers gather to discuss plot ideas and mention you are doing Round Robin A about B and anyone who is interested can send a PM. :) :D

25. Round Robin Sock

Jul 14, 2017
    September Update:
    So far, quiet on the Round Robin front.
    A reminder that if anyone starts a round robin, PM the Round Robin Sock with your info. The sock is here to answer your questions!

Official September 2017 Discussion:

What do you think are the factors of a successful Round Robin?