main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Sabine Wren Fanclub (Season 3 Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by TheSilentInfluence, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Using the hints of what we have learned, I've pieced together Sabine's history the best I can.

I think that her family would have submitted and become servants to the Empire (her mother's side at least?) and sent Sabine to the Imperial Academy on Mandalore. Sabine wouldn't have opposed this until the "nightmarish experience" happens (which is supposed to involve her family). Obviously this would make Sabine question her family's allegiances, and led to her escaping the Academy with Ketsu. She would've been a bounty hunter for a while, before eventually being recruited by Kanan to The Spectres after being left for dead.

I think those Imperial Mandalorians are related to Sabine in some way. In the preview they seemed to have been attempted to get her to say something, but what it might be? I'm not sure.

I think the likelihood of Sabine's parents being dead are a lot less likely. Sabine never flat out said they were dead, but ambiguously said "The Empire" happened.

Ugh, I'm dying to know more about what the heck happened to her, what made her turn against The Empire and her family? Season Three cant get here fast enough.

2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Freddie relating Mandalore to Game of Thrones makes me even more excited (and reminds me I still have to watch Season 5 of TCW).

3. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    I figured the Darksaber was like a Mando Excalibur. The way she held it aloft in the trailer made it obvious.
    I can see Sabine as a young Manda'lore. They don't really have a restriction on age.
    If your strong enough to claim the title, than it's yours. Until the day you die, or someone beats you in a duel.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I figured this potentially means that clans will swear alligences to houses fighting for power.

Exactly. Sabine could and probably will become the eventual leader of Mandalore. In doing so she has to sacrifice and become a different person. It looks like Sabine might have to come to terms with things as well, as Tiya got emotional in the second half of the season for recording apparently.

Darth_Furio and MandoArtist like this.
  5. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Why though would becoming leader of Mandalore (or at least one of the anti-imperial Mandalorian factions) force her to become a different person?

I mean, I guess a possibility would be that she ends up saying goodbye to Phoenix Squadron and the Ghost crew to take charge of a Mandalorian cell of sorts. But then again. factions in the rebellion would be drawing closer together, not further apart, as events are approaching ANH and the formation of the Rebel Alliance. Abandoning the Ghost crew for the Mandalorians wouldn't make logical sense, as their both fighting for the same cause and naturally would work together.

I can't help but wonder if there will be some kind of twist and what she'll have to give up will be her Mandalorian-ness. I mean, I'm not sold on the whole "Sabine is Force sensitive" theories by any means. However, "The Protector of Concord Dawn" exposed some of the inherent flaws of the Mandalorians' way of thinking, and Hera even went so far as to say at the end that Sabine was starting to sound "More like a Jedi than Mandalorian." And with Freddie now saying that Kanan and Ezra will both be training her how to use a lightsaber... who knows? Of course, the last thing we need is yet another post RotS Jedi muddling things up...

Then again, maybe it's just that the crew will realize Thrawn is onto them and force Sabine to throw out all her spraypaint! [face_hypnotized]

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I think that what Freddie was gerating to when he said that she becomes a different person is that she needs to become a leader that Mandalore needs. And well that probably won't mean she gives up her art, she might grow up more. There's definitely a lot of potential for her to grow as a character.

7. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Did Freddie confirm she's gonna be trained to use it or is that just speculation?

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    He's says "There's no one better equipped to teach her the Jedi Knight to her left." In regards to Sabine having the darksaber. [/spoilers]

9. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    This is relevant here.

While I personally don't think becoming Mand'alor would be Sabine's thing, I can see her sparking rebellion on Mandalore.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  10. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm convinced that the decision to leave the Rebellion and rebuild Mandalore will be put before Sabine. They'll probably give her the darksabre to entice her to stay. Perhaps she keeps it and trains with it with Kanan for a time until she has to figure it out. It will be a massive arc IMO during the season.

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
  12. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    They're related in my head canon until proven otherwise, there have just been so many hints and clues it would surprise me if they weren't related.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Same here. Just watch us get Rook in the second half of season 3.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Not necessarily, just that Rook was an influence in Sabine's design. Granted I know basically nothing about Rook, but it could be that Sabine is something like a new-canon adaptation of her.

15. Knight of Wren

Apr 13, 2016
    Rook appeared in the Son of Dathomir comics and thus is actually part of the new canon. A number of fans have noticed similarities between the two characters, and considering that fact along with Pablo's tweet I doubt it's just a coincidence.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

This.

Plus Sabine looks an awful lot like Rook. Enough to be her daughter in her natural hair colour. I suppose we won't actually know the truth until Rook makes an appearance in Rebels; which judging from the tweet and how Mandalorian this season is supposed to get then it could be sooner then we think.

The one thing I'm curious about though, is if we will see her should Sabine claim herself to becoming Mandalore. Shes earns Fenn Rau's respect, and has Ketsu Onyo's. That's two clans (I'm assuming they are from clans and not houses) that would declare support for her. But let's say Sabine does claim, with the darksaber in a room full of Mandalorians that she has the right to rule Mandalore. What if Rook was there? Or another family member from Clan Wren? It would make things interesting.

17. Fandalorian

Apr 18, 2015
    Yeah, that sounds very game of thrones. Which would be awesome!. #MandalorianKingsMoot.
    By the way, i just had a thought. Is the Darksaber the new Mask of Mand'alor?.
    What do you guys think?. Would you want it to be so?. Or do you prefer the mask?.

18. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    So if the recent teasers are anything to go by, it looks like Sabine and Ezra are also possessed by this Nightsisters space magic. It also looks like Sabine is fighting Ezra with the darksaber at some point.

*Sigh* This seasons is gonna be the death of me. Just so much cool stuff coming our way.

19. Knight of Wren

Apr 13, 2016
    Words fail to describe my current hype levels...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    *huddled in corner* J-just th-th-ree m-more d-days... I can w-wait...

21. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Sabine is back!!!! Even though she had a smaller role in the premiere, I loved every second of it. My favorite parts have to be when Sabine threw the grenade at the approaching stormtroopers at the start, and her and Zeb later on using Reclem station as a jungle gym. XD

22. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well soon we'll be getting the episode where she goes undercover in the Academy. I expect we'll be learning more about her experience at the Academy on Mandalore and perhaps what exactly made her call quits with the Empire?

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    This is what I'm hoping for. I also expect Hera and Kanan or at least Hera to be worried about Sabine going back to an Imperial Academy.

MandoArtist likes this.
  24. Fandalorian

Apr 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    At long last, the season of Sabine begins!. I just hope the Mando stuff is more than one episode.

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  25. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    So, now that I'm done being impatient for the Season 3 Premiere, I can start being impatient for the first Sabine centric episode!
    I imagine so, from the way Filoni and others have been talking about Sabine's role in this season, both in its size and what it entails, I have to imagine Mando stuff is in AT LEAST more than one episode.