The official SFFF Dark Horse Comics Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Nebelwerfer, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone here read any Star Wars Dark Horse series? (Legacy, Dark Times, Rebelion, Empire, Republic? CW?)

I'm currently getting caught up on Dark Times, and I love every page of it. I read up till issue 12 of Legacy, but gave up on that one...

I hear there will be a series during the time period of the upcoming old republic game. What series do you'all read?
  2. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, here goes. I have religiously collected legacy from the beginning until the latest issue. That is my "core" book. I have a few issues of Dark Times, but for some reason, I've just never caught on with it. Theres no reason for it, its a great series. There is a recent series that came out re: the Vong invasion, I think its called "Invasion". I have the first issue of that, but I didnt like it very much, mostly because the Vong years have been thoroughly covered. I collect the KOTOR comics as well, and have since the beginning, but its been spotty. The artwork is wildly different from issue to issue, and sometimes the storyarc isnt great. Lastly, the series you spoke of re: the MMORPG is already out, and on issue two. Issue three should be out soon, maybe today. Ill be going to ye olde comic shoppe in about an hour. The first two were alright, but Im withholding judgement until later. I have a few issues of Empire and Rebellion but have never really collected either. I like the old series from the 70's in principal, and have several issues, but the art is so bad as to be distracting. Also, they are very expensive.

Hey Tom, you like comics bro?
  3. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I started with Dark Empire from the start then dropped off towards the prequels cos... well... just cos. I have Dark Empire #1 paper back... value 10 years ago was $25. Wonder if it's gone up...
  5. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok, the third one isnt out yet. But there was a first issue of a new series called, i think, blood lines. It looks like it focuses on Boba Fett. I didnt buy it, tho
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Bloodlines? Like the novel in LOTF series?
  7. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, or Blood Ties. Something like that. I dont think its going to be an ongoing series though, more like a mini-series
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Dark Horse usually does Boba stories in a 6 comic arc. "Bounty on Barkuda" and "Enemy of the Empire" for example. Enemy of the Empire was awesome... Fett and Vader head to head over a head. Kandosii... ^^
  9. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just downloaded no.1 of 4 of "Empire" on my iPhone. Is that series any good?
    BTW, I'm almost done with Dark times, freakin lovin it.
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah... I dunno, I haven't bought anything since TPM. I have all the Rogue Squadron series and Dark Empire 1 and 2... Most of the Fett stuff. Also have some Marvel stuff which is just funny. All the alternate universe of the OT. The "what ifs" are awesome, change one thing and you change a whole history.

Got a reprint of Marvel's SW #1 and I have #1 and #2 of the jumbo comics of ANH which I sold once for a few hundred as they are super rare. Usually more economical to pick up the omnibus in most cases. Ebay is a good source for sets or cheap back issues if you've missed something. I don't collect or read up anymore though.
  11. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just finished the latest issue of Dark Times. I loved it. I have to wait till november before they pick up on the next one though :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.