main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Sign Up List For Star Wars Day At Newark Bears

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by F16WarBird, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm a bit late in putting this up because I always forget to check my hotmail addresses. This is from Christina (LadySith)
    The Official Sign Up List For Star Wars Day At Newark Bears

May 14th the Newark Bears will be holding a Star Wars day to raise money for the children and women of OASIS. In addition, they will be bussing in kids from little league teams throughout the tri-State area. THE 501st, Rebel Legion, NJO, DB516 and MEPA have been invited to participate in this event by bringing costumed characters to have run of the ballpark before the game. We will be holding a Jedi Training Camp for Kids, Imperial and Rebel Recruitment, A Charity Photo Booth, and a 5 minute pre-grame skit involving Imperial invasion of the ball park. Several spots are available for people without costumes to run the photo booth and be Child Herders. Costumed entertainers will be comped admission to the game with free refreshments and a secure changing storage area.

We will also be asking all members of the local groups to show support by having a group outing to the game at a discounted ticket price. There are trains and buses from NYC that stop directly across the street from the stadium.

This should be an awesome day for kids as well as support for a good cause. I thank you for your interest![hr]I [b]STRONGLY[/b] encourage all of our family & friends to attend. This sounds like it's gonna be a really good time. Sadly, I cannot make it because I will be TDY that week for a chem warfare exercise.

For further information, check out the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/New_York_City,_NY/b10103/18843213/?6]Official Thread[/link] in MEPA's forum.

Let's get out there and help our MEPA family help the kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.