main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *OFFICIAL* Sith in Star Wars Episode III thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Pooja, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I was thinking about what Lucas hasn't done yet in a Star Wars movie.

Okay- we've seen the Jedi Order.

We've seen Jedi in thier prime, as well as Sith.

We've seen how the Republic used to operate.

We've seen Yoda fight.

We've seen Luke and Leia's mother, in love.

We've seen why Anakin is being led down the dark path.

We've seen a premature Empire- Clones/Stormtroopers, vehicles that resemble Imperial vehicles, and more.

But what HAVEN'T we seen?

We haven't really seen a lot of Sith yet. In The Phantom Menace, we get a taste of the race, from Darth Maul. Sidious is just working in the background, and Dooku is having trouble deciding where he belongs.

We haven't really seen an abundance of Sith- and personally, I want to see them. I don't want just one or two- I want a complete set of them.

I think Episode III should have a lot of Sith in it with various cool lightsaber designs. So what if I'm a saber whore? So what if I'm a fanboy, and I want MAD SITH-JEDI SKILLZ shown off. I think it would be really awesome.

The prequels are supposed to show how the Sith have been training in the shadows, ready to strike the Republic down. So, are we supposed to believe that only like three or four Sith have been training?

Surely there are hundreds. I mean- well, I don't know what I mean. I just think the Sith have had an underplayed role in the saga. Sure, the Sith are the biggest key factor in the fall of the Republic, and a certain dude will sport a black suit in the next one, but come on. There needs to be a party of Sith. We've seen hundreds of Jedi- why not hundreds of Sith?

I think that, beyond the clone wars, that a major battle against the Jedi and Sith should occur, led by Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. The Jedi wipe out all of the Sith in a major lightsaber battle, but only Sidious and Anakin survive it.

Like- the big Clone battle in Episode II. I think that, before Lucas ends his legacy, that he shows us a war style lightsaber battle between the good and bad. Now, that would be hard to film, and it may or may not go well with what Lucas WILL do in Episode III- but I honestly think that, before the SW saga ends, we need to see a major Jedi and Sith war. I think that would be so incredibly awesome. Maybe hundreds of Sith have been in training while the Dark Side clouds the Jedis' vision, just like it clouded thier vision in Episode II. I think that the big strike that Sidious/Palpatine has been planning is to unleash all of the Sith that have been training in the shadows to attack all of the Jedi, and bring them all down, baby. Bring them down to Chinatown. And in the process, all of the Sith die except Vader and Palpatine, and all the Jedi die, except Obi-Wan and Yoda.

I'd kill for a big Jedi/Sith battle. It needs to happen AT LEAST once before the saga ends.

Any opinions?

2. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    To Yoda, you should listen.

"Two there are. A Master and an Apprentice."

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Yes, PloKoon took the words right out of my...er, Yoda's mouth. "No more, no less."

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

4. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Palpatine is a greedy Sith. Why share the power?

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I think that means that a master can only have one apprentice...but there can be MULTIPLE masters.

Wasn't there a Sith war like 1,000 years ago or something?

I think the rule of two only means that one master can only have one apprentice.

Besides, if the Jedi think this, then obviously they would be underprepared if a major Sith outlash occurred.

6. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    *We haven't really seen an abundance of Sith*

I think we have. Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine rule Episodes IV, V, and VI. Well, 6/7 of VI.

what?

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Two Sith? Please. There are hundreds of Jedi in the prequels...I just want to see the Sith in prime form before the saga ends.

8. TFlott52

TFlott52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    two sith? yeah right, if so then how come the jedi crap their pants thinking about the sith and the dark side?

plus this would work:
    -we know mace windu has to die somehow, and his being a bad ass eliminates the possibilty of him losing to someone...
    -count dookie dies doesn't he? wouldn't be a bad time; windu gets hit from behind and yoda and obi-wan team up on dookie
    -it's stated (somewhere)that vader kills all the jedi, and in the text of AOTC yoda says that there are thousands of jedi across the galazy, wouldn't that make it tough on vader to take them all out?

peace out brahs

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Uhm...

All of you are missing the big point. You can believe what you want to about the Sith. But I THINK (tying into the phrase "opinion") that it would be cool if we saw a LOT of Sith in action before the end of the saga.

I don't necessarily BELIEVE we will get that, but I would just like to see more than two Sith in a Star Wars movie.

I mean in Episode III, by deafult, we will have Vader, Sidious/Palpatine, and Dooku, IF he's a true Sith or not. I'll bet he's not. But anyway, the main point of this thread is not for anyone to think that I'm like "YEA DAWGS THERE SHOULD BE A LOT OF COOL SITH IN EPISODE III AND IT SHOULD HAPPEN OR LUCAS IS STOOPID YO" I'm merely stating that I think it would be NEAT to see a lot of Sith in action.

*sigh*

Some of you go way overboard...

10. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    I agree, i'd love to see heaps of Sith with mad skills and lightsabers, taking on all the Jedi. But it can't happen in the PT. For one, I think it would be too many characters to manage for GL and he only has one Episode left, which should be for tying things up and getting ready for the OT, not bringing in new cool evil guys that have to be killed :p

Oh and then there is the Rule of Two by Darth Bane, "Only two there are, a master and an apprentice."

The idea of multiple masters is a decent one, but its not possible because when the line started, Darth Bane was the only Sith Lord left after the last Sith War (thus there couldn't be multiple masters).

But yeah, if you want to see lots of Sith Lords, check out the EU: The Sith War & Dark Lords of the Sith. Sadly though, the only EU that deals with 'the good old days' are comics (I like 'em though :))

Tayschrenn

11. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    My god everyone ignore this incredibly stupid post :D There are two no more no less, the PT is not about how The Sith and Jedi battle, its about whatever GL wants it to be about! The Sith are a dark mysterious hidden group, not 300 dark jedi. You do realize how incredibly stupid it would be to suddenly have 300 sith appear and start doing battle with the jedi, i mean come on!

12. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Sorry. None of that stuff will ever happen. There will only ever be two at a time. I'm afraid you'll have to live with it.

13. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Why waste time hoping for something that won't happen? At this point it is well established that there are only 2 Sith at any given time. But as you can see in both the PT and the OT, they have absolutely no problems with getting the job done. For 1000 years there has been only 2 at a time. It's not about to change.

Imo, the route Lucas has taken with the Sith is pure genius. Like all of you, I thought the PT would be about hordes of Sith attacking the Republic, defeating the Jedi and creating the Empire. Seemed obvious, but it wasn't. And now I'm thinking that this would have been so completely over-simplistic and unsatisfying. The genius and incredible evil of Palpatine is that he sneaks in through the backdoor and plays everyone against each other until he has silently transformed the Old Republic into a terrifying Sith Empire. The Republic is destroyed from the inside not by strength of numbers but by political manouvering and incredible planning and scheming, and the black and white war is reserved for the OT.

This is bloody brilliant, imo!

14. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    You do realize how incredibly stupid it would be to suddenly have 300 sith appear and start doing battle with the jedi, i mean come on!

Yeah, I realize it would be very cool.

And what the crap is wrong with this topic? Geez. It's just my opinion.

Sorry. None of that stuff will ever happen.

Really George? Wow. Oh yeah, tell Rick I said "hi."

You don't know anything for sure, so stop acting like you are helping Lucas write the script.

I wish some of you would realize that you aren't so "intelligent" when it comes to Star Wars. You may know everything about the EU, the released movies, whatever. But STOP acting like you are a Lucasfilm agent and you know everything that happens in Episode III.

And I didn't say it WOULD happen, and I know it probably WON'T happen. BUT I'm just sharing my opinions.

And that leads to me getting flamed?

People, grow up. This is a message board. It's all about discussions, opinions, and ideas. And as far as I'm concerned, nearly everyone that has replied to this thread either believes that they know everything that will happen in the next one, or are just fortune tellers and/or prophets.

None of you truly know anything about Episode III, other than the obvious, like Anakin becoming Vader and whatnot.

Will thousands of Sith attack the Jedi in Episode III?

Well, sorry to say this, but none of you could ever possibly know. So stop acting like it. You all may hate me for what I say here, because its not exactly positive to the people that have replied to this thread. And I'm sorry if I've made "enemies" by doing so, but frankly, this forum is littered with people who think they know everything, when they, in actuality, know nothing.

I'm just expressing my opinions here. Don't flame me for trying to tell everyone what I'd like to see.

Imo, the route Lucas has taken with the Sith is pure genius. Like all of you, I thought the PT would be about hordes of Sith attacking the Republic, defeating the Jedi and creating the Empire. Seemed obvious, but it wasn't. And now I'm thinking that this would have been so completely over-simplistic and unsatisfying. The genius and incredible evil of Palpatine is that he sneaks in through the backdoor and plays everyone against each other until he has silently transformed the Old Republic into a terrifying Sith Empire. The Republic is destroyed from the inside not by strength of numbers but by political manouvering and incredible planning and scheming, and the black and white war is reserved for the OT.

This is bloody brilliant, imo!

Agreed! But I'd still like to see a major Sith offensive.

But...well, I guess we won't, because I've been told by the many Lucas clones here at these forums that it will NEVER EVER HAPPEN.

15. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Lucas: One of the themes throughout the films is that the Sith Lords, when they started out thousands of years ago, embraced the Dark Side. They were greedy and self-centered and they all wanted to take over, so they killed each other. Eventually there was only one left, and that one took on an apprentice. And for thousands of years, the master would teach the apprentice, the master would die, the apprentice would then teach another apprentice, the master, and so on. But there could never be any more than two of them, because if there were, they would try to get rid of the leader,which is exactly what Vader was trying to do, and that's exactly what the Emperor was trying to do. The Emperor was trying to get rid of Vader, and Vader was trying to get rid of the Emperor. And that is the antithesis of a symbiotic relationship, in which if you do that, you become cancer, and you eventually kill the host, and everything dies.

16. TFlott52

TFlott52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    ok, all you smart people out there explain this then....

HOW DO THOUSANDS OF JEDI FREAKING DIE?!?!?!?!!?
    Vader by himself? I think not
    battle droids? I beg to differ
    sith lords? why the hell not? it took two jedi to take out an apprentice....so maybe like 150 sith show up of whatever and beat some ass, but still get killed and they make it easy for vader to knock off the powerful jedi on the council....

peace brahs

17. jedi4500

jedi4500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    well said pooja, i hope there are thousands of sith in the next one, just so it can shut all these know it alls up!

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    *sigh*

Let me spell it out:

I don't think there will be tons of Sith in Episode III.

But I think it would be cool if it happened.

Sure, everyone has good points on why there won't be a lot of Sith in Episode III.

I'm not arguing with you.

I'm just saying I think it would be cool. You can stop trying to prove me wrong now.

i hope there are thousands of sith in the next one, just so it can shut all these know it alls up!

Man, it will never happen, George called me yesterday and told me everything that happened in Episode III. What do I have to do to make you realize that there is NO WAY this could EVER happen in Episode III. I've ever read the script! I'm an agent of Lucasfilm and a dear friend of Lucas. I know all. So stop saying that there might be a lot of Sith in Episode III, because I know for FACT.

;)

19. rockwilder57

rockwilder57 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2000
    Pooja there's no need to get angry just because someone disagrees with your theory. You basically said it's you're fanboy fantasy, and it would be cool if it happened. My fanboy fantasy is that Boba will ice Mace. There are plenty of JCers out there who disagree with me, and that's okay. If it happens great, if it doesn't great. It just seems like you're angry because others won't agree with you.

20. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I wouldn't say angry; but irritated that people think that it's a "theory." It's not a theory. In fact the chances of this happening is zero to none. BUT I just think it would be neat if it did.

And its fine to disagree- that's the whole point of a message board. If everyone agreed with one another, it wouldn't be any fun now would it?
    ;)

I have no "theories" on this. In fact, I agree with anyone that says it probably won't happen. But some of you talk like you know it won't happen, and unless you are keeping a close eye on the script, that's just ridiculous.

21. Jedi Without a Cause

Jedi Without a Cause Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm not sure it really even would be cool to see 1000s of Siths. I mean really we've only seen like 50 jedi. 1000s of Sith would totally run rough shod over them. ;-)

Anyway despite the fact that there's almost no hope of seeing 1000s or even hundreds or even dozens of Sith. I do think there's a chance we'll see more than two. And that is because of this. Dooku really DOES want to take down Palpy, so he recruits his OWN apprentice to help him. But alas not that Sids needs it but here comes Anakin and beats them both off without breaking a sweat.

That means that the sith count for Episode III *could* be up to four as it would demonstrate Lucas's quote from above. The Sith are always trying to muscle eachother out and Dooku is old and wise enough that he legitimately MIGHT be able to take down Sidious. If only he had the chosen one on his side instead of the other way around. This still leaves room for the one tantalizing fanboy dream that stands above all else for me: The Sith Witch.

At any rate it would mean mostly that the Sith would be fighting eachother rather than the Jedi but still cool, I think. And maybe it's not 1000s but it would be enough for me.

-JWAC

22. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Lets all please take a chill pill....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Your Sith witch fantasy could come true without breaking the rule of two. A witch could slay Dooku and become the next apprentice. Could make for a cool witch/warlock duel. Then Anakin could slay the Sith witch and take his place along Sidious's side. This scenario would get Lee out of having to do another sabre duel. Not bloody likely, but fun to think about. Although they do go on about the Sith witch at length in the Art of Attack of the Clones book...

24. Jedi Without a Cause

Jedi Without a Cause Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2000
    Well, yes. I was just trying to drive up the sithcount as high as I thought it could go, which IMO would have to stop at four.

-JWAC

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well, more than 2 Sith would be cool. I don't know guys, even though I whole heartedly agree that we won't see like hundreds of Sith, it would be cool for at least ONE movie in the saga to feature more of them...I mean I'm more interested in the Sith than the Jedi.

As for taking a chill pill, lol. ;)

Maybe I was flying off a bit, but people were assuming that I was trying to say that there is a possibility of a Sith war in Episode III...well, maybe I do wish it would happen. Also I don't really see why it COULDN'T happen, but oh well- I'm not too intelligent when it comes to Star Wars, to be honest. I'm smarter than your average moviegoer though (which isn't hard to accomplish) and I know a pretty good amount about SW and its universe, but as for EU stuff I'm faily, well, shallow, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

However, I'm still a SW nut, I mean it was frigid temperatures when I lined up for Episode II at midnight, and froze for over 12 hours. And there wasn't even much of a line. I'm THAT dedicated to the saga, even though I could learn some stuff.

Now that you have my background as a Star Wars fan, you know, it's easy to prove me wrong; because like I said I'm not that informed when it comes to non-movie related stuff. And I am familiar with the rule of two- but I still say that just means that one master can have one apprentice. Rule of two. And maybe in Episode III, all these Sith that have been training just suddenly attack. I could see it happening. The Jedi extinguish all of them, and then only Sidious and Dooku are left.

I'm just speculating here folks. I just want to see more than two Sith in a SW movie before its all over...don't you? I mean, as a Star Wars fan...SURELY you'd want to see a bunch of cool Sith in at least ONE movie before it all ends. If there are four Sith? Fine. That's plenty. Three? I could live with it. Sith Wicth? PLEASE. Lucas should SO use the Sith Witch in Episode III...I mean that would so rock. The Sith Witch designs were extremely frightening, and they would look SO AWESOME in a lightsaber fight. I just think that would so rock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.