main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *OFFICIAL* Sith in Star Wars Episode III thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Pooja, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    Its just too far fetched. We all heard Yoda, there are 2 plain and simple.

2. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    HOW DO THOUSANDS OF JEDI FREAKING DIE?!?!?!?!!?

- blow up the Jedi temple (that'd get rid of most of them)
    - Vader and Emperor
    - Ship-to-ship combat

Sith are not needed.

3. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    HOW DO THOUSANDS OF JEDI FREAKING DIE?!?!?!?!!?
    Vader by himself? I think not
    battle droids? I beg to differ

Ummm see episode 2

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Okay- let's please stop trying to prove each other wrong about the rule of two, okay, we get the point about that- let's just speculate about the Sith and thier role in Episode III, be it a big role or a small role.

This thread is about the Sith, what they might be like, what may happen, etc. Let's all be friendly and have good discussion until Episode III comes out.

I think this should be the official Sith thread, but that's just because I made it.
    ;)

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    When you say Sith, do you mean the Sith race (whatever they were) or Dark Lords of the Sith? Because I think (someone back me up on this) they are two completely different things.

6. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    I think this should be the official Sith thread, but that's just because I made it.

Good idea. Done.

7. MasterJedi-Mackey

MasterJedi-Mackey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    Dark Horse also explored this path. Not only has the existence of Thousands of Sith been revealed, but also that Luke Skywalker ulitmately will have two separate encounters with the Sith. One leaving him " more machine than man", the other leaving him in a coma at the hands of his own nephew.

Their combined energy is what has been blocking the Jedi from accurately reaching out, with the exception of Yoda feeling Anakin, who can't control himself, yet.

8. MasterJedi-Mackey

MasterJedi-Mackey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    Dark Horse also explored this path. Not only has the existence of Thousands of Sith been revealed, but also that Luke Skywalker ulitmately will have two separate encounters with the Sith. One leaving him " more machine than man", the other leaving him in a coma at the hands of his own nephew.

Their combined energy is what has been blocking the Jedi from accurately reaching out, with the exception of Yoda feeling Anakin, who can't control himself, yet.

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002

Good idea. Done.

I wasn't being serious but if you insist...
    :)

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    When you say Sith, do you mean the Sith race (whatever they were) or Dark Lords of the Sith? Because I think (someone back me up on this) they are two completely different things.

I'm talking about the Sith race, as in the group as a whole.

Also, to start a new conversation, what planet does most of the Sith race come from? Or is it just like any planet? I know Maul was a "Humanoid" or something...

11. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    The whole "Sith as a race" is an EU thing, I think. In the movies, I believe, it's just considered an Order (like the Jedi)

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Okay. Another thing I've been thinking of, and its not a spoiler; just pure theorizing. It may or may not be true. It's likely not true.

But anyway- well there are 20 Jedi that have left the Council. Obviously, those Jedi that left the Council weren't really sure which side they were for, much like Dooku.

In this case...isn't it quite possible that these Lost 20 Jedi have been training in the way of the Sith for all these years, and Maul/Dooku was just a taste of things to come?

It just makes way too much sense. Which is another reason it won't happen.

But seriously- maybe the Lost 20 Jedi is just there for story depth, but maybe they play a bigger role than what we think. And I THINK that they will attack the Jedi.

It's possible.

13. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I suppose it is possible that, after having failed to bring Obi-Wan on board, Dooku could find another ally with great power--a witch. I could see them both trying to slay Palpatine, only to have Anakin come to Palpatine's aid. After the duels, only Vader and Sidious are left.

14. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Never thought about that...

I just want at least one new, cool Sith in Episode III like Maul.

15. TFlott52

TFlott52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    to all you hater:

when the odds are completely against the jedi, yes a ton of battle droids would take em out, but b/c they're more prepared now (plus they'll be more easily assembled) the likelyhood of that ain't too good.....and all those jedi? how are 2 guys (emperor and vader) gonna take em out?

the jedi temple won't be destroyed either....just a hunch

16. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

you want lots of sith? so do i.

THAT'S WHY I READ THE EU!!!!!

we gots no hopes for epIII.

[prays for Aurra Sing with 2 lightsabers!!!]

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    to all you hater:

when the odds are completely against the jedi, yes a ton of battle droids would take em out, but b/c they're more prepared now (plus they'll be more easily assembled) the likelyhood of that ain't too good.....and all those jedi? how are 2 guys (emperor and vader) gonna take em out?

the jedi temple won't be destroyed either....just a hunch

To all of you here that are helping George write Episode III, post everything that happens in the movie in the spoilers forum so we can end this now.

Anyone?

Didn't think so.

Now stop acting like a script supervisor.

ALSO this thread IS NOT about how the Jedi get wiped out, it's about the Sith.

So, let's stop trying to come up with "ways" the Jedi are wiped out, because that belongs in another thread. Talk about the Sith, thier potential role in Episode III, and even go ahead and talk about anything related to Sith.

Sorry to be so tight about this, but if we keep this up, well, talk about going off topic. If you guys want to talk about how the Jedi are killed, make another thread.

Thank you.

18. meier

meier Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    okay the jedi die because palpatine orders the clones to kill them, it is possible to have a great lightsaber batle some of the jedis can have been turned to the dark side.
    I don´t think that will happen but it can happen. so stop acting like it is totaly unthinkable

19. TFlott52

TFlott52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    shut up

20. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    meier,

Are you really that annoying? If so, my condolences to your loved ones.

Anyway, staying back on topic...I think that a Sith Witch should be Dooku's apprentice in Episode III. Maybe not necessarily the designs we've seen, but maybe an even better design?

?

21. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    But he can't take an apprentice until he is the master, which means he would have had to knock off Sidious.

22. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    True...

So a Padawan's master must die before the said Padawan can become a master?

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Not sure about the Padawan/Master rules. But the Sith seem to be pretty set in their ways. There can be only two. As opposed to Highlander, where there can be only one.

It's all quite confusing...

24. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Just for some reason, I don't think the rule of two REALLY applies that strictly.

Just think.

Come up with the rule of two.

Keep in intact for thousands of years. Everyone for that period of time knows that there can be only two.

So, wouldn't it catch everyone off guard if the Sith were, in fact, VERY high in number? Not only does this cloud the Jedi's vision, but it also tricks the Jedi, and ultimately the Jedi aren't prepared for the sudden abundance.

I could see it happening.

25. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    If there are many Sith, where did they go after Episode III? There would have been no one to kill them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.