main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official ~Smores around the Campfire ~ Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by strawbary, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey all!!!

I know for most people one of the best things about Camping is sitting around making smores, having a few *beverages* [face_coffee] and sharing a few classic "spooky" [face_skull] stories.
    It would be nice to have a thread where we can do just that......

Im not great at telling stories, but I will just sit and pass a few smores around if someone would like to chime in and share a tale or two.....

If you decide to bring a guitar, its all good, but the first person to start singing kumbaya is getting banned :p

So with that in mind ... let the spookiness begin [face_pumpkin] ...who will be the first to brave the campfire?

2. ILoveQA

ILoveQA Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    *brings his guitar... ok everyone lets sing a song... you all know the words...

*Clears throat...

A long long time ago...
    in a galexy far away
    naboo was under an attack...
    and I thought me and qui gon jinn
    could talk the federation in
    to maybe cutting them a
    little slack...

but theyre response it didn't thrill us
    they locked the doors and tried to kill us
    we escaped from that gas
    we met jar jar and boss nass
    we took a bongo from the scene and went to theed to see the queen
    we all wound up on tatoine... thats where
    we found...
    this boy...

*SING IT*

ILoveQA

3. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Yeehaa! Who knows any good ghost stories?

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Once there was a sad, lonely ex-mod that died...

5. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Kumbaya Lord. Kumbaya. Kumbaya, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

Kumbaya Lord. Kumbaya. Kumbaya.

Somebody needs you Lord Kumbaya. Kumbaya, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

Somebody needs you Lord Kumbaya. Kumbaya.

Somebody?s praying Lord Kumbaya. Kumbaya, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

Somebody?s praying Lord Kumbaya. Kumbaya.

Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh, Lord. Oh, Lord.

Oh, Lord Kumbaya.

Oh, Lord. Lord Kumbaya.

I need a blessing Lord. Kumbaya. Kumbaya, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

I need a blessing Lord. Kumbaya. Kumbaya.

I need a miracle Kumbaya. Kumbaya, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

I need a miracle Kumbaya. Kumbaya.

Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh, Lord. Oh, Lord.

Oh, Lord Kumbaya.

Oh, Lord.Lord Kumbaya.

Shower down on me. Shower down on me.

I need You to shower down on me.

Lord I?m down here praying.

Lord I need a blessing

Yeah. I posted it. What are you going to do about it? :p

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    *tries to refrain from pressing BAN button*

[face_frustrated]

7. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Do it! :p

Then again, it was kind of sort of obligatory. :p

8. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Smores around the campfire!

That's what we use to do when J.W. Titus had a new chapter of ROTS!

Smores and Sith Ale....

I have a ghost story...and its true....

9. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    We were all sittin' around a camp fire one night talkin' bout this and that. How the trail was. What the game huntin' had been like when everyone started smellin' somethin' real bad.

Nat'rally we all started lookin at the others thinkin' who did that, ya know. We all shrugged and then the smell started gettin' worse. We all looked around to see if there was a skunk nearby, but, ta be honest, I'd never smelled a skunk like that. It was real bad, man. Like somebody hadn't taken a bath in a hundred years mixed with . . . well you know.

Marty started to reach for his rifle when we heard a branch break behind us. We all jumped at the sound. The brush started rustlin'. Marty dived for his rifle and had it pointed at the rustlin'.

We didn't hear no animal sounds. We thought maybe it might be an injured bear. Grizzley's were common out this a-ways. They're mean no matter what, but when they're injured they're bad news.

Well, anyways, I turned the spotlight in the direction of the noise. What I saw, scared the - outta me! Glowin' red eyes, man! Big ones! An the smell, gah!

Marty asked who was that, which was stupid. Nothing with red eyes reflectin' would say nothing.

That's when the gruntin' started. Like a pig, but it was deeper . . . much deeper.

Then came the screams . . . Like these, Man!

It was one a Them! They're real, man.

Marty took a potshot outta fear and we heard a big growl and then the sound a something like trees comin' apart. We saw the black outlines o'the trees swaying like there was a big breeze.

Ah man . . . I tell you. We got the - outta there, man! I ain't never been so skeerd in my whole life!

[The is not a true account. I just wrote it in the spirit of freaky campfire stories]

Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin]

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm not good at telling stories or singing, but I like to listen to them. :D

Hello everybody! :)

11. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I'll bring the guitar as long as some other people will jam with me. :p

12. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    A few folks had asked me to post the story of when I got engaged. I had to dig through some old threads to find it so here goes:

I had asked my fiancee some time ago what was the one SW item that she always wanted. She mentioned to me that a Parks Double Helix lightsabre was her dream SW item but she was never able to afford the shipping charges to the UK. She mentioned this to me 2 years ago long before anything was going on between us. Little did I know that this sabre would have this sort of a impact and become a part of our new life together in the years to come.

I gave her the sabre wrapped in a silk sheet. I attached the blades for her and passed the sabre back to her to ignite. As she went to ignite the sabre one of the ends did not light up. I asked her to open it up and check the battery as I might have not have connected it up properly. She unscrewed the cover of the sabre and found a second paper cover which had the words "I Love You" on it. When she removed the cover she found the reason why the sabre was not working. In place of the 9volt battery was a white gold ring with a single solitaire diamond on it.

I then got down on one knee and put the ring on her finger but I must admit that I forgot to ask her to marry me. In all the excitement it completely slipped my mind [face_laugh]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/lsbr/ring2.jpg]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/lsbr/ring4.jpg]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/lsbr/ring5.jpg]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/lsbr/ring6.jpg]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/lsbr/ring7.jpg]
    These pictures where taken a day before Jeannette arrived and the sabre had just arrived !!!! I was so
    stressed out waiting for that sabre !!!!

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    :eek:

That's amazing, Mike. Kudos to you for thinking up such a wonderful way to propose! I hope that when the time comes, I can think of something really memorable also.

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Everytime I hear that story I have to smile and to be happy for Jean - and of course you. :)

But I didn't know that you forget the most important question. :eek:
    But... isn't it a good sign that Jean understood you without even the spoken question? ;) :D

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    very nice mike , I smile everytime I read that story :)

Ok everyone .... any Spooky stories to share? Its the month of ghosts and Goblins and withces Ale er uh brew ;) There has to be something scary someone can share? [face_skull]

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes we need a good ghost story :D

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Sorry... even though I'm TheBoogieMan I'm not actually very good at being scary. :p

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Indeed, but you can dance right [face_laugh]

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    dance?

*does the tango with Mike*

20. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    Ok, well I'll transfer my question from the JW Fan thread to here.

Has anyone here experienced Sleep Paralysis or the phenomenon called 'Old Hag'?

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    We just learned about Sleep Paralysis in my Psych class in college. It was interesting.

22. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    You learned about the physical affects of a Hypnogogic state before one drifts of too sleep, more than likely. A point, basically, where the body is asleep and the mind is not.

There is another theory . . . that of spiritual possession and/or overshadowing.

Such happened to me one deep night in my 17th year . . .

I was sleeping soundly when I suddenly found myself fully awake unable to move. I could only move my eyes.

Out of the corner of my right eye I saw a glow. I strained to turn my head but was unable to budge. My eye looked over and I see . . . and I kid you not . . . a green mist.

The green mist formed a grinning skull. A fear gripped me beyond anything I have ever known even unto this day. The mist . . . seeped into my ear.

That is when the vision or whatever you could call it happened.

I felt my mouth move and a growling utterance in a language I could not understand came forth. Outside my drapped window a lightning storm started up. The words coming from my mouth seemed to be stimulating it.

The thunder and lightning became worse and worse until it seemed that the whole house was shaking from it . . . but it was not the house, but only my bed as it and I were shaking in it.

I wanted to run. I wanted to scream, but I was not in control of my body anymore. *I* was locked in my own head and *IT* was controlling my body.

I suddenly fell away into blackness. A cold, cold place and I felt a lonliness and a despair I had never thought possible. I was floating in the cold blackness. In the distance a light shown. A light that I was drawing away from.

Below me the light glinted on metal. I heard the metal shriek and it seemed a trap door was opening under me.

I then felt myself return to sleep as a calm soothing voice spoke to me things I can no longer remember, but I had gained a wisdom that I didnt' have before.

My wisdom later came to help friends of mind who were going to play with a ouija board. A strong urge came over me to pursuade them not to go through with it. Knowing that they would probably scoff at me, but telling them anyway, I asked them not to play with the ouija. It was a doorway to terrible things that would hurt them.

Strangely, my words affected them so deeply they never played the game. Probably ever.

To this day I believe I have knowledge locked away from my 'possession' experience that will come to fore to those who need it.

And I admonish anyone now, never mess with the occult or ouija. There is an evil in the world and it can do to you what it did to me.

And, no, I never have played Ouija, but I feel my Sleep Paralysis was a vision of warning to those that play with things like that.

Just . . . Don't.

This story is the God's Honest Truth!

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    It doesn't sound like God had anything to do with that, lol. Sounded like it was devil's work.

If what you said was true, that's pretty dang creepy. I've had nightmares and such, but never anything like that. [face_worried] Sorry you had to experience that.

I never mess around with occult stuff or ouija boards. I hold to my Christian faith pretty well, I don't want to take chances with that stuff. It's scary though.

Although, when I was stocking shelves at Barnes and Noble and I was working in the New Age dept., I had to suppress a few laughs at some of the books... ;)

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    How's this for weird...

My sister and I both have terrible insomnia. Which is why it was so strange one night that I slept all the way through and felt really refreshed. Even if I get a good night's sleep I usually dream a lot too, but not this time.

Anyways, my sister wakes me up in the morning all freaked out. She said that there had been something in her room talking to her in a forgein language. Scared she ran into my room only to see me sitting up in bed and speaking in a strange language. (Now I have been known to talk to people in my sleep, but never speak a different language.) Well we looked up some of what she heard and it ended up it was arabic!!

25. Darth_Mysterious

Darth_Mysterious Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    What is this thread then??
    Seems interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.