main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Social Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The-Matt-Man, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Kill Bill 2 Spoilers/notes

The Bride DID have a code name: she was "Black Mamba". Very clearly laid out in the first scene of Kill Bill Vol. 1 with Copperhead: "Black Mamba... I should have been mother ****** Black Mamba". The Bride was most definitely referenced as one of the DiVAS. "I was a member of an elite squad of..." etc.

Were the scenes with Pai Mei laugh out loud funny? Damn right they were! I was glad I was sitting down - 'cause I would have fallen down otherwise. The Shaw Brothers zooms, the makeup, the characterization, the words... that was PRICELESS.

As for leaving no questions unanswered... I disagree with Mike's statement that they should be answered, but I don't agree with Durb that they all were... For example... we know very little about B.B. and how she was raised. We don't know about Elle's fate. We don't know about Copperhead's daughter. We don't know about Sophie. And... I woulds say from the Bride's conversation with Bill, as well as from the last scene in the movie - that we know very little about the Bride's sanity, or her ability to be a mother.

Finally, the 5-point-palm exploding heart technique was to me one of the greatest film deaths I've ever scene. I thought it was brilliantly done. Obviously it was going to be used - but it had to be properly explained to be appreciated. As for the fight that preceded it, that too was great.

There were so many other things in that movie that were just genious. I thought the burying scene was particularly effective.

-Spiff

2. WeirdHat

WeirdHat Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2003
    More spoilers of course.

I only saw the movie once. But, as hard as I try to recall, I didn't see that B was part of that squad. All the others were, obviously, but she didn't even have a codename. For the sake of the movie they called her "the Bride".

She was in the squad. Her codename was Black Mamba, which is why Elle used a black mamba snake to kill Budd, to trick Bill into thinking that Beatrix had done it. She was on a mission to kill somebody when she found out she was pregnant. No offense but how did you miss that? Those are both important plot points.

EDIT: Jeez, two people already said that by the time I posted this, heh.

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Okay, okay, I get it, she was Black Mamba! :p

Like I said, I only saw it once. Perhaps if I had remembered that quote word for word like you guys, I wouldn't have missed that point.

Spoilers from her on out:

I, too, think the burial scene was quite effective. I thought it was very interesting how they chose that moment to explain how her training worked out. That is, it was her training - one key thing, of attacking an opponent 3 inches from you - that got her out of it. Most awesome.

I was bummed out the 5-palm blablabla heart thing because I expected to see more. The entire fight scene was done with them sitting down. Whereas I must give credit for the originality factor there, I would still liked to have seen more.
    I will certainly give credit to Bill for coming out with the best surprise attacks ever! He attacked her 3 times, and all but the 3rd he won.

4. Jedi_Spiff

Jul 2, 2003
    Bill was the man. Even more so than Rufus. ;)

I liked both the fight with Bill and that with O-Ren because they were short. The most realistic battles in this movie were O-Ren's, Budd's and Bill's. Gotta hand it to bushwackin' Budd though... The cinematography there was so good - everyone in the audience felt thrown back.

-Spiff

5. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Gotta hand it to bushwackin' Budd though... The cinematography there was so good - everyone in the audience felt thrown back.

Really? Did you interview them all? ;)

It wasn't the cinematography so much as the editing that made THAT sequence work. They certainly worked together, but that same cinematography with looser editing would not have been as effective.

M. Scott

6. Jedi_Spiff

Jul 2, 2003
    Really? Did you interview them all?

Yeah... I was approached by management for harassing the patrons.

They certainly worked together, but that same cinematography with looser editing would not have been as effective.

The editing was great too, no doubt about it.

-Spiff

7. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Again, I must agree... Every scene with Bushwackin Bud was awesome! Especially once Elle showed up.

Spoiler...

The only real shame about what happened to him was that Elle killed him because she was pissed at being robbed of what she considered a worthy fight. After killing him, she got that fight! And, man, that was vicious!! And then she got her eye stepped on. Pure classic!!!

8. anjofilm

anjofilm Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Spoilers Ahead!!!!!!!!!

I was kind of sad when it turned out that Beatrix didn't actually kill Bud, but then I remembered that Beatrix's codename was Black Mamba. So the Black Mamba killing Bud was kind of symbolic of Beatrix killing him.

9. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Hmmm... I'll have to watch it.

I see that we approach the evil post 10,000. Hopefully Hanel will lock it and start social thread 3.0. The only problem I see in that, is that everyone will try to get the first post in 3.0. Damn the things that are valuable to people with no lives!!

(me included)

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!! THREE THREADS BY HANEL ON THE FIRST PAGE!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

:::loads guns and prepares for the trumpet of god to sound:::

10. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    Spoilers Ahead!!!!!!!!!

I was kind of sad when it turned out that Beatrix didn't actually kill Bud, but then I remembered that Beatrix's codename was Black Mamba. So the Black Mamba killing Bud was kind of symbolic of Beatrix killing him.

Two line spaces really gives me enough warning. It also sounds funnier when you say "spoilers ahead" and they are that close to the warning.

Honestly, if you're going to post spoilers, do it right....

***!!!***!!!SPOILERS!!!***!!!***

***!!!***!!!END SPOILERS!!!***!!!***

Dibs on #9999. Posts. Not replies.

-KNick

11. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Damn you, Chris, pick a ****ing color scheme.

I'm gonna bitch at you on AIM now. You bring this on yourself.

EDIT: Adam, talk to your boy zerosleep. We need a new setup rule for n00bs. Like a week of inability to post before the account goes into action. I'm sick of these trolls reg'ing to piss people off.

*Goes back into hiding*

12. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Yeah Fig. I believe I was talking to you about something simular like,... Yesterday. I'm a genius Fig. A spoiled genius.

Chris, St. Patricks Day is over. Get over it. :D

13. anjofilm

Mar 2, 2004
    Jedi_KNick--

I find it funny that you didn't put a spoiler warning several spaces above above my first quote Knick. ;)

14. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    I don't think it really matters considering you already posted it....

Don't get wise with me, boy!!

8-}

-KNick

15. anjofilm

Mar 2, 2004
    BOY?!?!? :mad: 8-}

16. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    Smeggin hell, 43 posts 'till the Social Thread goes 10000! [face_plain]

17. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    SPOLIERS (kinda)

As for loose ends not tied up, I believe this may clear up a bit about Sophie and Vernita Green's little girl. Tarantino did an interview with Entertainment Weekly in which he said he'd love to do a Kill Bill Vol. 3 ten years down the road, in which little Nikki (Copperhead's kid) would go after the Bride for her revenge. Sophie would have gotten Bill's money and used it to train Nikki. Thus, an older Bride (now about 40) would have to take on what could possibly be her heir to the vengeance throne. Hope that helps.

Peace Out!

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Reminder to Chris -- can we call Social Thread 3.0 "Forest of the Sith"?

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. Decapitated-Jango

Decapitated-Jango Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Or how about "KillBillSA?"

20. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    hmmm... is it christmas already ?[face_plain] (i know this sounds crazy now... but just look at the mod's names on the main page... "DaftMaul, ChrisHanel, & Azeem" ;))

and on topic... kinda, i'll just say that i watched kill bill vol.1 this weekend and thought it was great. going to see 2 when i get a chance :)

21. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Call me stupid, but I don't remember who Sophie is.

-Paul

22. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The chick who lost her arm in Vol. 1, talked on the phone constantly. The one Bill was talking to at the end.

M. Scott

23. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    So last night I was walking down the 3rd street prominade when this guy . . .

*****looks around*****

Oops. . . . guess I accidently walked into the Kill Bill discussion thread . . .

Can anyone tell me where the social thread is?

24. psychokillermike

psychokillermike Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Bill killed it.

25. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    really? We should do something to Bill for that?

What could we do to Bill?

*scratches head*

...i got nothin'.

-Chris :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.