The Official Star by Star discussion thread (Spoilers from EOV and SBS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by anyueman, Aug 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    It'd be darn good reading, IMHO
  2. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    1. I say cooran will die based on the facts

2.Nom Anor should also die cause he keeps failing.

3.I believe Tahari will start turning into a vong(I mean she did get preety scary in Rebirth)and anakin will do something stupid as usual.

4.Borsk may come to his senses and not hate the jedi when they save his life(not like he's on the vong hit list though.)

5. the republic will barely hold on to caurascant(sp).

Lastly I think that shaper lady(can't remember her frekin name) will invent something of mast desruction as the vong push the core.

Tell me what ya think about other theries
  3. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think Anakin will be enough to keep Tahiri away from the Vong, if he doesn't do something stupid!
  4. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think that Tahiri will turn. If her planned role were that big, they would have introduced her at the beginning of the series.

Now that the Jedi have severed all ties with the NR, it's ripe for destruction. Symbolically speaking, that means that Coruscant will fall, and it's possible that Borsk will be killed.
  5. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    Suncrusher X:

"I'm betting on jacen."

They're not going to kill off any of the Solo kids, at least not until the end, no matter how risky their latest mission is. So far, all three have been main focuses of the series (after all, they kind of literally are the new jedi order), and I doubt that any would kick the bucket right in the middle.

Unfortunately, since I doubt any of the other Big Three are going to go, this leaves only the main EU characters... namely, Corran or Mara, both of whom are favorites of mine. :(

Soo... *crosses fingers* Come on, Fey'lya! [face_devil]
  6. Calli Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm with you Balance_point

I'd hate too see Corran or Mara get the axe, though that will probably happen to 1 if not both of them.

Whats that creatue on the cover of the book supposed to be?
  7. nightstun Jedi Knight

Well personally I don't think it will be Kyp or Corran because when they say a major charater wil be killed off those two don't come to mind On the other hand a major character in my books would be someone from the Skywalker\Solo clan. Luke will not die this is forbidden, Leia and Han are in the same category, Then there's Mara who has become a major character after she married Luke. There's the vision Luke had in rebirth abou not seeing her, but I think they'll give her at least 10-20 more years of life before killing her off. Anakin is becoming the new Luke Skywalker so he is pretty much forbidden also. We know Jaina will be in the upcoming book Dark Journey so it can't be her.

Then there's that weirdo in the clan named Jason who in my opinion is the biggest baby out of anyone in the GFFA and this is who I believe will be killed for these reasons

1 There's no mention of him in any of the upcomming books

2 his death would affect all the other main characters in the GFFA a heck of alot more than Kyp or Corran

3 so far he's been written as a force-sensitive cry baby that wouldn't piss the fans off to much if he died

4 the upcomming book Dark Journey has Jaina walking a dark path This could happen because her twin was killed

5 imagine how good the storyline would be if he died. All the family would be outraged bringing more action to the series and personally I wouldn't mind one bit if I didn't have to read about him wimpering all the time this would free up pages for the more exiting stuff going on in the GFFA

Nightsun
  8. bespinct Jedi Knight

star 1
    Green x-wing huh? Could it be that Wedge dies? That would seem out of step with the series, since he has been in it much. But, he is a major enough character the GFFA that it might motivate his friends to do more.

Just a thought, although, although odds are against it...but to Correlian there are no odds!
  9. Bogga Jedi Master

star 4
    <<<1 There's no mention of him in any of the upcomming books>>>

So what if Jacen isn't mentioned in any upcoming book? The only book we have any solid facts on is Dark Journeys! I don't see Luke, Han, Leia, Mara, Corran, Borsk, etc being mentioned as featured in any books after Star By Star but that doesn't mean they are going to die.

<<<2 his death would affect all the other main characters in the GFFA a heck of alot more than Kyp or Corran>>>

Kyp's death would however affect a ton of the Jedi who had previously sided with him. And Corran would affect Anakin especially after their discussions in Rebirth.

<<<3 so far he's been written as a force-sensitive cry baby that wouldn't piss the fans off to much if he died>>>

I think some fans are confused about Jacen. He has actually been rather well developed and written. The problem is that his view point is different than that of many fans and that's the only reason people hate him. Same thing with Kyp; people hate him because he has a controversial view point. The very fact that some people hate Jacen implies that he has been effectively developed. We are SUPPOSED to disagree with what Jacen has been doing and that very relationship has made the reading interesting.

<<<4 the upcomming book Dark Journey has Jaina walking a dark path This could happen because her twin was killed>>>

She could also turn to the dark side if ANY of her relatives died. There's nothing that is pointing Jacen out to be the one to die.

<<<5 imagine how good the storyline would be if he died. All the family would be outraged bringing more action to the series and personally I wouldn't mind one bit if I didn't have to read about him wimpering all the time this would free up pages for the more exiting stuff going on in the GFFA>>>

The family would also be outraged if ANY of them died, not just Jacen.
  10. Empress_Arakay Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope Skywalker bites it. I have no facts to back this up, no reason to believe this except that I want it to happen. I *know* that Luke's the great-exalted-main-immortal-main-character-of-the-ongoing-Star-Wars-saga (or GEMIMCOTOSWS, you're complicated acronym of the day), but he has a kid now, ensured the perpetuation of the species or whatever, can't he be fair game? *hopeful puppy-dog face*
  11. Jedi----Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "corran cant die he is the best EU jedi now if they kill it whould be really cool it whould be even better if luke killed him in a duel"

this is what i really ment to say

corran cant die he is the best EU jedi now if they kill Kyp it whould be really cool. it whould be even better if luke killed him in a duel
  12. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    nightstun-disturbing how we think alike.

another couple of reasons:
    I believe there's no room for 3 force sensitive siblings in adulthood.
    and isn't it jacen's face that takes up most of the back cover?

bogga-but jacen is her twin, that would hurt her the worst.
  13. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Master

star 1
    I think it would be Jacen. He's basically done what he's supposed to do in the series, brining a new point of view on the Force. His death would most likely send Jaina towards the dark side, they are very close, and his death might be add to the resentment she has towards her mother.
    I don't think it will be Corran or Mara. They have already been close to death, so it wouldn't really be fair if they died.
    Though it could be Lando, but only for the reason that I really don't like him.
    Kyp's death would be interesting. Maybe it would occur after he challenges Luke to a duel. After he died the Jedi would be more united.
    It might be the Skycrawler. I don't know why they would do this, maybe to get Luke and Mara really mad. Babies have been killed in novels before. (They killed baby Leto II in Dune.)
    These are just ideas, I really have no idea of who's going to die next. So please don't come after me if I'm right.

edited to add Skycrawler.
  14. Amused knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Calli- I believe that the creature on the front is Shimmra.
  15. AurraMouse Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm also betting on Jacen. The ting that gets me is not the fact that he's on the back cover, but the little x shaped star burst that falls perfectly over his eye.
    I also think Leia will turn to the dark side. The ANH clothes she's wearing on the back cover are pretty wierd, and the red lightsaber could mean something.
    Also, has anybody thought about the title? I think it might refer to the tight mass of stars in the deep core. same for the little star bursts on the cover. Jacen dies crashing into a star?
  16. Wildwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    It kinda reminds me of a Noghri. I don't know who is going to die, but I do know that I wouldn't mind if it was Kyp, which usually means that it won't be. I think that all of these visions that people are having, like Tahri becoming dark, and Mara not being around, have truth to them. I wonder if Tahiri kills another Jedi, or even one of the Vong, like Shimmra...remember, the Emperor wanted Luke to strike him down, so he could fufill his destiny. If Tahri kills what she hates most, then she will realize the dark part of her. Now I know that this is somewhat choppy, but I think that Tahri will have a huge quest in the next book, with Anakin following right behind. Tahri might get captured by the Vong, kill Shimmra, get killed herself, Anakin imprisoned, and the Shaper chick somehow assuming power...this is farfetched, but it is what I would do...Dark Journey could have to do with Anakin fighting his destiny, Tahri, or even Jaina...who knows right...
  17. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    >Also, has anybody thought about the title? I think it might refer to the tight mass of stars in the deep core. same for the little >star bursts on the cover. Jacen dies crashing into a star?

Too easy. I think it indeed does refer to the tight mass of stars in the core, but maybe because they travel through those stars, accumulating new powerfull friends to help their cause.

My opinion about who dies?

Wedge.

Reason: He's had a great development throughout the EU and now the time has come for him to bite the dust. Sadly enough, because I like him.
  18. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    Just random crackpot theories:

For maximum effect: the new Ben dies.

Coruscant falls. After the Vong are through with it, it will never be the same. After such a major blow, systems surrender "Star by Star" The republic is forced to flee and go back into Rebellion mode.

Veregre gets a chance to tell Luke about the old jedi, midichlorins, padawans, etc.

Its reavealed that Palpatine knew about the Vong and that they were on their way. Its part of the reason why he was so obsessed with conquring the galaxy and building a huge military - to get them ready.
  19. AurraMouse Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here's another crackpost theory: It's revealed that palpatine was actually just a puppet for the vong, and he knew about the upcoming invasion, and planned to destroy all the galaxy's technology and ships with his fleet, and then destroy that to soften the galaxy up for Vong invasion.
  20. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Master

star 1
    Eldritch009, it can't be Wedge because he's supposed to be in Allston's books.
  21. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think it will be Jacen because Han has been through too much with Chewie. He went off the deep end with his friend's death, what would happen if he lost a son? :(

Also, I heard that Jaina and Kyp will be working together in DJ, but I may have heard incorrectly. But if she does work with him in that book, then, of course, he could not die in SbB.

If someone dies, I don't think it will be anyone tied too closely to Han. This could count out Lando and family memebers. Corran would be a candidate.

I don't want anyone to die, but will have to take it if it comes!
  22. Bogga Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry but Palpatine was always his own boss. If they ever even tried to reveal that the Vong were somehow behind the Empire I would seriously consider not reading any more NJO. That would completely destroy Palpatine's character. That's something I would not allow. Chewie's death helped move the story along, making Palpatine a puppet would decimate parts of the story.
  23. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Is dark jorny after star by star. Does anyone have info to fill me in on it? I'm starting to think Karrade dies for some reason? No other than he's a character who plays a big part but is not so hyped up
  24. AurraMouse Jedi Knight

star 2
    That it why I sad it's a crackpot theory. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.

25. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    My guesses, which are most likely all wrong:

Nom Anor will defect to the NR, exchanging information for asylum. They'd have to take him if it meant getting info on the Vong. We all know by now that he doesn't care for the Vong cause, just himself, and now he's truly been threatened; he's failed the Vong for the last time. This would be cool because so many of the Solos and Jedi have such a personal grudge against him.

I neither know nor care if any main characters will die.

I'm guessing we'll see more of Nen Yim, maybe making a vornskr mutation that kills Jedi efficiently.

We probably won't see more of Shimrra just yet; we got our glimpse. We probably will, however, see Vergere with Tsavong Lah.

Lando and the whole Underground Railroad plot will be a faily major plotline; maybe this "safe network" will be used to evacuate the important people off of Coruscant at the end or some such. Because it's been pretty much confirmed that Coruscant will fall.

Also, I doubt we'll see it, but we need more sibling interaction. Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin need to discuss their new philosophies some more. Also, I'd like to see some of that link that we saw in Vector Prime, where they flew in perfect unison. Why have we not seen that kind of coordination between them again?

We'll see more of the Errant Venture hopping around probably, and we'll also almost definitely get back to the Viqi Shesh plotline.

More thoughts later as I have them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.